Thread: Do i need a new hull?

Default Do i need a new hull?

Full speed hit on a boat up side down.

I think i need a new hull, i dont see how i can fix this correctly.

what you say?

IMG_1171_resize.jpg

If your handy with fg I would say you could fix it, however I would think you would need to cut the inside part of the transom open to gain access to do the repairs.
    I would glass in a piece of thin ply and install new blind nuts then glass the outside of the transom, sand and paint.
    Just my thoughts.
    If you do opt to get rid of that hull let me know, maybe I can take it off your hands.

I'd try at least to fix it, It's a pretty clean break. I'd do exactly as above maybe with the addition of a piece of carbon fiber plate epoxied on the outside. Done right it would add a bit of carbon bling and completely hide the outside of the repair.
    It's in a much better spot than the bashed in sponson on my Motley was, no easy inside access up there, still did a good repair thats held up for over a season no problems now. LOL eventually I'll get around to painting it, just shot some clear lacquer over it and had it back on the water a week later.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Repariable for sure but I would say get your eyesight fixed first
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    Repariable for sure but I would say get your eyesight fixed first
    Jim, that isn't all that nice... But might be valid. I am sure it has to do with being a Canadian...

Hey Canada, you should definitely give it a shot in repairing it. Only way to learn and get better. Just read up on it a bit and make sure you at least do it without cutting corners.

I'm convinced in Quebec they think the throttle is an all or nothing deal! I have family in Montreal usually visit a couple times a year. Always an interesting drive.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?