Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/6 Scale Drag Boats

Don’t see why not. Make a smaller shipped pkg too .

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Don’t see why not. Make a smaller shipped pkg too .
    Cool! PM me your address and I will figure out the shipping and Pack it.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

found out the tendon is separated from the bone No wonder I am simi-paralyzed
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Holy crap Randy. Can that be re attached?
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    found out the tendon is separated from the bone No wonder I am simi-paralyzed

Holy crap Randy. Can that be re attached?
    Ya they use Biodegradable plastic screws.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Randy, I got the hull Monday I think it was. Showed up in great shape. I’ll have to have a discussion with you on sponson mounting and was there a front hatch?(I can make one) and how did you make out on those blower hats?
    No rush as I know you are going thru stuff. Just an update for you.
    Thanks, Shawn

Hi Shawn. You can call me all most any time I PM you my number. I can have a hat made for you $80. shipped You have $20 credit now on last shipping.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Hi Shawn. You can call me all most any time I PM you my number. I can have a hat made for you $80. shipped You have $20 credit now on last shipping.
    how much extension cord credit do I have ?? That green extension cord was worth something lol
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by rearwheelin View Post
    how much extension cord credit do I have ?? That green extension cord was worth something lol
    I still have the cords for you, just need a address and funds to send LOL
    Randy
    BBY Racing

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Assembly is almost done, this boat is no joke. A boat of this size, speed and weight is hardly a toy. 20190311_101150(1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastNow View Post
    Assembly is almost done, this boat is no joke. A boat of this size, speed and weight is hardly a toy. 20190311_101150(1).jpg
    Great to see it is not back in a corner gathering dust. You will be the first in the water. I still have to build mine. I am 3.5 weeks out of surgery for me and I can do a little at the shop. I like the way you set up the dummy motor.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Randy, its been in the water, and its a runner, and it barely, barely floats. I am running 12s for power. I dont know if mine will float with the "fake motor" on it. The best part about this hull is it performs and acts like a real drag boat, and thats what I wanted. I have a goal of around 100mph. On the first try, from dead stop, it jumped out of the water and went straight down the lane. Only 60mph or so, but it did exactly what it was supposed to do. That was with my small props for testing. I have bigger ones coming.

This is great stuff. Good on you!! I am guilty of mine being in the aforementioned corner. Should be tstartibg in the fall. What size motors did you go with?

This is great stuff. Good on you!! I am guilty of mine being in the aforementioned corner. Should be tstartibg in the fall. What size motors did you go with?
    I am building my light twin 4S or possibly three 1521 .5Y on 4S. I have three of the motors not shure If they will fit I have three of the 180 Oxidean esc too. I could do the 1515 1Y twin on 6S also.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Randy, its been in the water, and its a runner, and it barely, barely floats. I am running 12s for power. I dont know if mine will float with the "fake motor" on it. The best part about this hull is it performs and acts like a real drag boat, and thats what I wanted. I have a goal of around 100mph. On the first try, from dead stop, it jumped out of the water and went straight down the lane. Only 60mph or so, but it did exactly what it was supposed to do. That was with my small props for testing. I have bigger ones coming.
    so good to hear great start. That is a lot of cells how big are they? 5000 mah?
    Randy
    BBY Racing

another angle20190311_161145.jpg

I am building my light twin 4S or possibly three 1521 .5Y on 4S. I have three of the motors not shure If they will fit I have three of the 180 Oxidean esc too. I could do the 1515 1Y twin on 6S also.
    I have a 1527 1250kv here or a pair of CC 1520’s, or other options?

And the real good news, we have 1:1 drag boats coming back to a local lake, wahooo

another angle20190311_161145.jpg
    looking good!
    Randy
    BBY Racing

More than anything, I wanted this boat to look and act like a real dragboat. I am using the new Castle 2028 extreme motor (10 + horsepower) with the W drive to spin two props. I am running 3, 4 cell, 5000mah in series. A Swordfish 300 amp esc. Props, I am not to sure, but I have a pair of 3 blade ones coming from Oxidean. I have 2 NEU 1515/1/Y I thought about running, but that motor on 6s is a esc eater, and I wanted something a little more bulletproof. I checked weight using 2 motors, 2 esc, and 2 6 cell packs, and it was very close to my current weight of around 14 lbs, ready to run. Last night I got an offer to run it at the Drag Boat races at lake Ming here in Bakersfield CA this weekend, they want to get pics of it next to the starting barge, turn on the lights, and send it down the liquid 1/4 mile. I would love to have a timing slip from them saying ET and speed, but I think the timing lights are about 12" off the surface of the water, and my boat is not that tall. I can stand on the rescue boat and drive it from there if needed. We shall see.

Wow that is great good info on motors. Is that the W drive from Hyperformance? We had a rigger in oval trim the ran two 1515 1Y on 6S amd 47mm props with 180 ESC's I never heared that he had any problems with the ESC's. Well I will be running the SAW boat this weekend with something real close to that ( My new twin Lift Master rigger). I will see for my self. But I am starting with smaller props. More like 44MM.

We put flags on the small boats to help trip the lights, a wing with dams might work?

So cool that you have a chance to run at lake Ming. Bill was telling me that they were going to do that with his boats. I think Tony Scarlata will be there.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

I waited on Hyperformance for over 2 months, then cancelled my order. I found ArrowShark, they make some trick CNC stuff, they had the w-drive on the shelf, cheaper, and have a choice of colors.20190312_104849.jpg20190312_104738.jpg

just sitting, the rear sponsons are under water, mine looks the same, water right up to the splash guard in the rearin water nitrochondriac.jpg

I waited on Hyperformance for over 2 months, then cancelled my order. I found ArrowShark, they make some trick CNC stuff, they had the w-drive on the shelf, cheaper, and have a choice of colors.20190312_104849.jpg20190312_104738.jpg
    Oh I am sooo down with that!!! Mmm, got a couple biggie motors too. Or maybe that 1527 will do the same task as it’s lighter

just sitting, the rear sponsons are under water, mine looks the same, water right up to the splash guard in the rearin water nitrochondriac.jpg
    Love it LOL But when you race a lot that can be dangerous for RC's. The high hatches will help a lot.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

I hope to get video this weekend.

20190313_185316.jpg

I hope to get video this weekend.

20190313_185316.jpg
    That is not bad , sitting just right! I hope I have good enough water to do the first test run this weekend on this rigger. It is a SAW Baby.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

I see you have cooling hooked up, when SAW running, how long in time does it take to make a run. I did not run any cooling on the dragboat, I figured I only run it or 3 - 5 seconds, so it should not need it. I will be the first one to tell you I have no idea what I am doing, so any suggestions are welcome. And Yes, your boat looks insanely fast just sitting there, good luck.

I see you have cooling hooked up, when SAW running, how long in time does it take to make a run. I did not run any cooling on the dragboat, I figured I only run it or 3 - 5 seconds, so it should not need it. I will be the first one to tell you I have no idea what I am doing, so any suggestions are welcome. And Yes, your boat looks insanely fast just sitting there, good luck.

To answer your question you have to remember that a lot of the rating on a speed control is from water cooling. It is also helps when you have shut down and trying to turn and line up to make another pass. It is also habit I always have done it for saw and oval and always will. Just like BEC never use it either. In the picture below I have put in 7 more hours work setting up to run, does it show from the last picture?
    Randy
    BBY Racing

That is a work of art. Will this be running in legg lake anytime soon, I will have to come watch. I hate to ask such a stupid question but: how fast do you plan to go? over 140mph?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast