Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 1/6 Scale Drag Boats

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastNow View Post
    That is a work of art. Will this be running in legg lake anytime soon, I will have to come watch. I hate to ask such a stupid question but: how fast do you plan to go? over 140mph?
    This one is not mine. I am dialing it in for a customer. I do not plan to make it run it max speed. I hope for some where between 60MPH and 90MPH. After I have leak checked it and ran on 4S then 5S then 6S I will know how the cheap ESC will hold up. This boat will go to a friend in Livermore for hydra dipping.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Wow it came out nice!! I like the Vary realistic look.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Wow it came out nice!! I like the Vary realistic look.
    I love these two pictures side by side
    in water nitrochondriac.jpgfirst boat in water.jpg
    Randy
    BBY Racing

another angleAttachment 164227
    Did you get a run at the drags?
    Randy
    BBY Racing

No I did not make it out to the Drags yet, boat is just not ready. I drove it again, this time with 45mm high pitch props, and then it broke the u-joint between the motor and W-drive. Back to drawing board.

20190317_092427.jpg

So, now I have another u-joint, seems much stronger than the chrome one. Another trip to the machine shop, and we are back in business....I hope.

20190330_121422.jpg

No I did not make it out to the Drags yet, boat is just not ready. I drove it again, this time with 45mm high pitch props, and then it broke the u-joint between the motor and W-drive. Back to drawing board.

20190317_092427.jpg
    Yikes

10396330_655886544497763_1328754546_n.jpg
    asset.php(2).jpg

asset.php.jpg

I use universal joints from cortis, in usa somewhere lol
    Never failed.
    Last edited by drwayne; 03-31-2019 at 07:05 AM.
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I call em Dog bones. work great!
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Suggestions appreciated, as I was not aware of these options. I received my pair of 48mm 3-blade props from Oxidean, bolted them on and went to the lake today. I first wanted to try the (swordfish 300) timing on "soft start", with motor timing at "medium" in hopes that I could go full throttle from a dead stop. All good till about 30 feet out then it starts to carry the nose little, under control I think, but accelerating so hard I cant see if it going to be ok to stay full throttle. So, change timing to "standard start" and motor timing at "20". This time, control the "launch" with my finger and get to FT as soon as possible, it covered probably 250 feet in distance under power, then another 250 feet to come to a stop. As long as the boat is up on plane, there is no steering, so aim correctly, its SCARY fast, at least to me, my guess is above 80mph already, u-joint looks good, and I can raise the timing still, on the timing scale of 0-30, I am at 20. I have a Garmin gps coming this week, then I can see how fast its going. For some reason, my esc says error when I download the data, so I am flying kinda blind right now. I am curious to see how much load is on the esc, I know it takes some power to spin the W-drive, plus two huge props. So much to learn, I hope it dont crash along the way. I want to run it a few more times, then over to paint and graphics.

With the scale motor on it, it barely floats.
    twins.jpg

first pic, shot from my drone, it was 76 mph.
    boat pic1.jpg

first pic, shot from my drone, it was 76 mph.
    boat pic1.jpg
    Did you get it to launch well?

Oh man.....whata great shot..!!! Love the spray...and the way she looks runnin...!! Awesome job on that hull....

Here is video of the same run. I have my drone hovering about 4' above the water, hoping for a head on view. Boat batteries were not full charged, so it was down on power. So far, this hull is acting just like a full size boat, which is what I wanted. If all out speed is what I was after, there is a better way of doing this. But I wanted it to be scale, thus 1 BIG motor, 2 props.

Video is MP4 and I cant get it to upload.
    Last edited by GoFastNow; 05-06-2019 at 10:06 PM. Reason: video

Quote Originally Posted by 30nitro View Post
    Oh man.....whata great shot..!!! Love the spray...and the way she looks runnin...!! Awesome job on that hull....
    Thanks, this is what I had hoped for, scale look. I like how the 2 props seem to send the roostertail up, and not so wide.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Did you get it to launch well?
    Yep, its doing good out of the hole. I will get a launch video soon.

Here is video of the same run. I have my drone hovering about 4' above the water, hoping for a head on view. Boat batteries were not full charged, so it was down on power. So far, this hull is acting just like a full size boat, which is what I wanted. If all out speed is what I was after, there is a better way of doing this. But I wanted it to be scale, thus 1 BIG motor, 2 props.

I can not find the video
    Randy
    BBY Racing

That did it Thanks
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112