Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighter Cat Racing Close UP?

Quote Originally Posted by D.Smock View Post
    Perhaps it's time for a new policy here on OSE.
    D.
    My main goal has always been to better the hobby (Dont get me wrong, making a living is also part of that). So I don't want to stifle advancements. Fightercat has some cool hulls, if they choose to come back down to Earth, remove the trash and apologize for their mistakes I will continue to allow links to non-competing products.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Well said Steven and fair IMO
    Traxxas Blast,Spartan,Villian. Aquacraft Revolt,SuperVee, UL-1, Wildcat, Gunslinger27,Atlantic Harbor Tug, Bristol Bay trawler.Cajun Cmd. ProBoat Widowmaker,BJ26/29,Fastech,Stiletto,Volere,Mystic,Impulse 31.Deltaforce 29" Mono. 37" Mystic FC , Atlantic Yacht

I re-read what I posted. I don't mean to make excuses for the situation. Sure reads that way though. I'm not going out on a limb and vouch for FC. I guess I just can understand how it goes from messed up to bad to WTF! There's human beings on the other end of that mess. Takes time. Especially if they're still in the midst of an internal disspute...............doing it again. Dang. Sorry guys.

Yep. Sucks. Think we've established that.

Has anyone noticed he double the price of his controllers? At least the 140amp one. I liked his stuff but it's hard to buy anything from a company that does not respond to anything. I buy most of my stuff from. OSE. The only time I don't is if Steve doesn't have it or carry it.

Last edited by Rocstar; 10-15-2012 at 07:37 AM.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

I noticed the same thing Howard I never bought one thing from fc for several reasons I get my parts from two places here at ose and from Manuel ( he helps me out quite often )

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    Has anyone noticed he double the price of his controllers? At least the 140amp one. I liked his stuff but it's hard to buy anything from a company that does not respond to anything. I buy most of my stuff from. OSE. The only time I don't is if Steve doesn't have it or carry it.
    Still reads $96.00 on my computer...?
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    My main goal has always been to better the hobby (Dont get me wrong, making a living is also part of that). So I don't want to stifle advancements. Fightercat has some cool hulls, if they choose to come back down to Earth, remove the trash and apologize for their mistakes I will continue to allow links to non-competing products.
    That's exactly what we'd expect from you Steven.
    D.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

I've always tried to spread my spending around. I have a couple LHS that I try to support. Heck, one store stocks hughey and octura parts. Gotta keepthem going. There are few I wont buy from. It's a short list. FC wasn't on that list for me.

That was my main goal as well but over the years I weeded out the bad and stuck with the good. Sometime back I tried to order from fc a few times as I found some of his products to be very cool but when I tried to contact ben and ask him a few questions he didnt respond. weeks went by n I decided to try one final time again with no response so I sent him a final email kindly stating why he lost just under a 2000 order. He soon replied back with some smart comments while being real nasty as well. After that episode I decided to put him on the DON'T support list

I was too was thinking of dumping a 1000 or so on a build and asked when the 110 mm 3/16 stingers were going to be back in stock. and never got a reply back, oh well. I have placed small orders in the past with no problem, but if your gona do build and need to talk or email and cant do it, thats a problem, OSE and KINTEC, have gotten back in 24 hours every time. I like some of FC"s products, but will need to see some more improvment before I spend any big money there, for now its OSE and KINTEC for me.

Steve, you got a guy asking about the Pursuit mono kits in the FS forum. I am waiting on the answer there too Last you said anything there was like mid June.

Its a real shame that this happened to Fightercat but business is business. In lieu of everything that has happened over at Fightercat I feel it is important to extend my gratification to Steve here running OSE. I am in NY which isn't very far from Mass where OSE is located but Steve manages to get my products out to me within a two day window regardless of when I place my order. I have placed multiple orders with OSE and will continue to do so as the customer service is unheard of in the hobby. Fantastic is the only word I would use to describe all experiences with OSE. I really find it odd that Ben at FC would say ANYTHING negative as he was a member on the forum and seemingly a nice guy so I hope all is well for him. If FC dissolves and becomes nothing at all so be it (although I was looking forward to these escs with data logging), I think now more than ever we need to appreciate our forum as this is the one we're all posting on and we should remember that at OSE we're friendly to all members and business can be conducted as well. Its rare for anyone in any particular hobby to find a place like this and I think we need to appreciate what we have here. For those of you who have decided to make claims with paypal I would have done the same thing and I hope you recover anything you've lost. Thanks Steve, the big order I placed arrived on time and the twin leopard 4082s make my 41" cat an absolute powerhouse and you made my day by shipping them when you did. I hope this post fuels your passion to give back to the customers in a way and also yourself.

I am so glad I never bought into the FC fad. If it survives by some kind of miracle (or the groupies) I still choose not to "buy in"
    If you did and/or will, more power to you!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    I am so glad I never bought into the FC fad. If it survives by some kind of miracle (or the groupies) I still choose not to "buy in"
    Pat on the back to you bro!

all this crap I keep reading just goes to show me personally how much more I appreciate OSE and all the friends I now have because of these forums..
    STEVEN kicks A$$
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    You missed out on a lot of cool stuff. I have built some pretty sweet boats with Fighter Cat hulls. I'm glad I didn't have whatever personal issues you had, as a lot of good came out of FC, regardless of where it ends up.

It will be a shame if something doesn't turn around quickly. We are limited in resources for FE boating and I don't see the benefit in another retailer that isn't trustworthy. We already have one of those. Hopefully FC doesn't turn into another FD.
    Steve and Jim W are in a league of their own when it comes to customer service in the FE world. We could use a few more like them.

Well said!

+1 for steve I just recieved an order today with zero issues and will continue to order from a great store with a kik arse forum,thx again

I think FC has some really good stuff at a good price, as I said in a earyer post I have bought small orders from them with no probems at all, but lack of comunication between buyer and seller is a big problem to me, and my only real bitch with them, its nice to have a few choices of what to buy and where to get it. That being said, I have had 100% positive exp with OSE and Kintec also, its nice to get these parts the rite parts in the USA and in a couple days, I hope this mess sorts itself out, if FC wantd to stay in the game they better step up to the plate and do it soon,
    Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    You missed out on a lot of cool stuff. I have built some pretty sweet boats with Fighter Cat hulls. I'm glad I didn't have whatever personal issues you had, as a lot of good came out of FC, regardless of where it ends up.

It will be a shame if something doesn't turn around quickly. We are limited in resources for FE boating and I don't see the benefit in another retailer that isn't trustworthy. We already have one of those. Hopefully FC doesn't turn into another FD.
    Steve and Jim W are in a league of their own when it comes to customer service in the FE world. We could use a few more like them.

Update:

Ok, so I received an email from Jason at fightercat asking if this was a personal transaction that Ben and I had made for the ESC and programmer, which it was as Ben and I had developed a close enough working relationship that I didn't bother using the website to order much anymore as Ben would handle that directly. Jason also said he was going to contact Ben regarding the missing 1521 Neu. Hopefully he will find something out with that.

Now, I do not know who did the refund, Ben or Jason, but I was refunded the money I paid the fightercat paypal address. Jason did not say if he did the refund due to paypal claim, or if Ben did it due to it possibly affecting him personally (that is if the fightercat57@gmail.com was Ben's personal email/paypal...that is unclear to me)

None the less, it sounds like this Jason guy wants to get this right. I hope that truely is the case, and I can have good things to say in the future. I don't know what happened to this company, but boy what a twisted mess!

Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

That's great to hear Mike! Maybe there is a small chance that the company will survive if all is righted. Jason sounds like an outstanding employee/employer, who knows what his position is in the company at this point, but I guess that point is moot as long as you have been refunded. Now to get the motor back is the next step and I think once we see that it will restore some trust in all of us who invested in the upbringing. Hopefully so
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"
    45"Speedfreek
    , Fightercat #068 ​, MyYoutube Vids

one thing i would like to know is what is going on with the esc's? i know ben was wrighting the code for the esc's and programing. i was eager to see the data logging hv speedo. but by the sounds of it i think the esc line at fightercat is no loger.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post

Well put. You have to have tough skin some times dealing with people, Other times I can not believe how great my friends/customers are.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Well it really sounds like FC Business is stepping up to the plate. I guess that leaves one to draw a conclusion on who was doing what...

Well in light of everything that was happening after getting email response from Kevin - Shipping Manager, I went ahead and ordered a part. FC were the only people stateside that had it, order was under a 100.00 bucks I figure if I don't get it within two weeks I can always file a pp claim. I'm not too worried if I receive it or not. When Ben was involved he never did me wrong, neither did FC as a company.

Quote Originally Posted by b20btec View Post
    Well in light of everything that was happening after getting email response from Kevin - Shipping Manager, I went ahead and ordered a part. FC were the only people stateside that had it, order was under a 100.00 bucks I figure if I don't get it within two weeks I can always file a pp claim. I'm not too worried if I receive it or not. When Ben was involved he never did me wrong, neither did FC as a company.
    I ordered a small order Saturday night and it showed up today. I had tracking info Monday. I wouldnt sweat it.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    I guess I'll let you know in a week or so.I purchased motors(4) and an ESC as well as other things that Ben was stockpiling to ship to me.I have not heard whether it was shipped or not in the midst of this fiasco.So I will give it a week to arrive before I make a decision and take alternate measures.
    Shawn, its in route

I got shipping info today guys and it should be everything.I also had personal dealings with Ben for a few items.I have also had good communication from Kevin as well in regards to this as of yesterday.

Thanks Scott.

What numbers are your orders? I'm #1369 and I'm wondering if I'm just in line to get shipped or if I was forgotten about.
    Bling rocket 32" T600 1400kv on 6S, Twin Lynx 3126 2200kv on 4S

Mine was 1359 but I had stuff from Ben from his own stock/stuff.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast