Thread: HELP with tuning mystic 29

Default HELP with tuning mystic 29

Hi folks,
    Can anyone PLEASE give me some tuning tips for my mystic 29?
    Running stock configuration with 5300 mAh 30c lipo's.
    Boat wants to fly at top end.
    I have experimented with battery placement with some success, but I can't seem to get it to run flat. It doesn't want to settle down at full speed.
    Read about changing the strut angle a bit to calm the boat down, BUT I am not too sure how to do this.
    ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
    Thanks,
    Ken

Do some searching, make sure strut is set level with bottom of ride pads, it will tend to fly on rough water and if it is windy. To level strut, loosen the adjustment bolt that holds the strut to the brackets, set the boat on a flat surface and make sure strut touches the table top, tighten. You should not have any issues if the strut set and batteries forward with the stock setup.

Moride,
    Thanks for the quick tip. Seemed to settle it down a lot along with a little more speed. Any other good ideas (prop etc)?
    Would like to run stock configuration for now!
    Ken

Luhrs
    I am running a X642, standard mortor but SeaKing 180 esc on 4S. Getting 38-40 MPH on flat water, but still tuning.
    Good luck

Try an octura M445 I know it works well on the MG I had . You have a different motor then I had , mine was the 1500KV motor your's is the 1800KV motor . Mine also ran well with an octura X642 which may be to much prop for your set up . The M445 was the best all around prop I found for my Miss G . Be sure to sharpen and balance it

Default props

I run a X642, I just finished S&B on my M445, off to the lake today to test it, I will be surprised if it is faster than the X642.
    I am running stock motor on my MG with 120 amp esc Seaking on 5S (2s & 3s) 5000 40C Gens Ace X642 and Mystic rudder setup.
    I just installed a Tacon 3674 1700 KV on my Mystic with Seaking 180 esc X642, testing new motor today also.

please let us know what speeds you get with each setup.

I've got the a mystic and with twin 11.1v 5000mah I was getting 50mph. With all stock parts. The only thing I've upgraded has been the propeller cable with the bullet cone. I've adjusted the strut all the way down with the batteries as far forward as they'll go and she still porpoises at full throttle.

put it flat on table and put strut up about 1/8 to 3/16

Well the M445 was a success about 43 MPH on 4S, and very responsive, a big improvement over the X642 for my boat. It is hard to comment on temps as it was and has been over 100 in St Louis for weeks, so everything HOT! Anyway thinking about the M545.

Is there anyone trying to go fast just for fun, no rules, not stock. I am just playing around with my Geico boat and I have got up to 68mph. I know there is a lot more in the boat, but keeping it on the water is tough. I read on here about "blueprinting" the bottom of the boat, but I dont know what its supposed to look like when its done. I notice the sponsons are "concave" in the center of the 3 sponsons, is that correct?. I have been using "eagle tree" for my data.

F1,
    Can you tell me what you've done to your boat to get that kind of speed out of it?
    Mine is still stock and an OPEN SLATE.
    I am also a speed freak, but have a limited wallet!

The only stock item I am using is the steering servo. All my hardware is out of 1/10 scale drag boat I made, so what I am using is probably not optimal, but its what I already had.
    NEU 1515/1/y
    2-3cel lipos - 22.2 volts
    Hyrda ICE 240esc
    abc - 40x53 prop

Crazy power - $$$

I have not got the boat full throttle yet, but I have no clue what I am doing. Also looking for advice on cat setup.

Here is a pnp mystic I sat up for a friend. On stock motor 4s 4500 45-90c lipos and the T180 esc I got some good speed and run times with the prather 220. It runs smooth, compared to my geico with the kintec strut wich bounse's all over.
    I just sat it on the tabel, adjusted the strut as mentioned here before and placed the lipos's rufly in the middel. I really like the strut design , nothing draging in the water as with the geico.

first off is the 45-90c lipo's , and a bit later in the clip is the 65-130c.

Drammen rock City

Here you have a clip of the mystic with the leo 2150 kv and some 45-90c lipos. Not going full throttle in this video.

prop info in the clip

Drammen rock City