Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Stealth hydro

Shooter, I made up a couple different air dams and plan to try them next tine out. Have been thinking about putting the batteries sideways like you have them, but am afraid to make the openings into the sponsons longer for fear of weakening the boat. Do you get any flexing of the deck with the openings larger or did you reinforce anything?
    Also how far back from the front of the tunnel did you place the air dam?
    Last edited by marko500; 09-26-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by detox View Post
    The Turnigy Nano packs ray posted are 2s2p (two 2s packs paralleled within the pack). The Neu packs are true 2s1p.
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...o_E_Maxx_.html
    Thats a decieving listing by them cuz if you looked inside you would find two 3800 packs in parallel. I have opened similar Turnigy packs before and thats what I found.........so basically its like running two 3800 packs.....then paralleling them for 7600 mah.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by phil t View Post
    Dont know if it means anything to you but on a Boris meter it was 20-30,, wide open is 0. 40 would be a needle setting rich on a nitro motor so it would be very small amount of flow.
    Hi Phil,

The Aquacraft water jacket has nice water exits.

That other one with 90 degree water fittings I think you will find is a restriction to water flow.

Very nice boats you build my friend.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by marko500 View Post
    Shooter, I made up a couple different air dams and plan to try them next tine out. Have been thinking about putting the batteries sideways like you have them, but am afraid to make the openings into the sponsons longer for fear of weakening the boat. Do you get any flexing of the deck with the openings larger or did you reinforce anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by marko500 View Post
    Let me know how your air dams work out Mark. I ran today with a HUGE turn fin (overkill) and the 3/8 dam (located at the very front). Speeds were lower (52mph), but still respectable with the 1717 prop. I had that thing running over 55mph a few weeks back with the weight further back, but she blew over easily in the wind. I have about 30+ runs with the 1717 prop and the AQ esc. Still running like a champ with the endbell heat sink.

As for flexing, I didn't notice a difference. I just tried to tweak it and it still feels solid. Just don't cut the hole all the up, leave some of the vertical wall, and the corner for stiffness.

For you guys considering running the bigger motors like those mentioned above, here's a vid with a 4082 in it with (2) 5000 packs in parallel. Fun set-up! Tons of run time! ....and REAL FAST! The extra weight up front keeps her down. A little bouncy in the turns though,
    my spec set-up turns better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxPUw...5&feature=plcp

Pete

Hi Guy's I am setting up a PT Stealth for P-spec in are local reces at TCMBC. Can some of you post current layout pictures of your riggs. I know there are some in this thread. But some of you say that you are making changes. I will add pictures os I go also.

Mark

I want one of those RTR what $$$$?

Thanks
    Bjorn

Quote Originally Posted by allman5 View Post
    I want one of those RTR what $$$$?

Thanks
    Bjorn
    RTR with UL 1 motor and esc? send me an email I can figure out cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lights View Post
    Hi Guy's I am setting up a PT Stealth for P-spec in are local reces at TCMBC. Can some of you post current layout pictures of your riggs. I know there are some in this thread. But some of you say that you are making changes. I will add pictures os I go also.

Mark
    I can post some pics of mine sunday evening when I get home.

Hey Guys... dragging up an old thread... I pulled my Stealth out to run this weekend... First time since the 2012 Nats....

I don't recall having as much problem driving the boat up onto a plane from a stop as I did this weekend. It simply wouldn't do it. Same prop and setup I ran in LA.

Do any of you have issues getting the boat to drive up onto a plane?? I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Once I hand launched it, it goes like expected.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

That's strange..... Do you have new, heavier batts maybe? CG more forward? Strut get bumped down?

Mine pretty much jumps out of the water with an H5, M445, M545, etc... The only time I have problems is when running high pitch props like the ABC1717. In fact, I think I ran an entire first lap of a race 'spinning my wheels'! I no longer run races with that prop because of the difficulty planing and the fact that it doesn't seem to like rough water.

They make a nice new 7600Mah 30C pack at HK and it's actually just 1P this time. Only in China so far... 7600MAH
    Nortavlag Bulc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123