Thread: Throttle Sensitivity, Seaking 180/Tactic radio

Default Throttle Sensitivity, Seaking 180/Tactic radio

I'm trying to figure out how to set the throttle to be more linear on my Seaking 180 ESC. Right now it's full throttle or nothing. I have to pull the trigger about half way before it takes off, then it's right to full throttle. I've done the throttle calibration a couple of times but it didn't change it. Plus i've messed with the throttle trim on the transmitter too. What am i missing?

Your throttle should be set to reverse and the trim all the way up when you calibrate.yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Heaving Earth View Post
    Your throttle should be set to reverse and the trim all the way up when you calibrate.yes?
    I'll have to try that, but i did just look and the throttle was set to reverse. I don't remember if i had the the trim all the way up or not. I just wondered if that was the way the Seaking 180 was, no part throttle running.

I have the Tower Hobby version of the Tactic radio on 2 t-180 and have full throttle curve with it. Set to reverse and trim all the way up.

Cool, thanks, i'm gonna mess with it tonight cuz i'll be running the boat over the weekend. Do you back off the throttle trim after you have calibrated the throttle/ESC?

No. Leave it cranked

Thanks ya'll, worked like a charm!! Boat might handle a little better while turning now!

Glad it worked

Are you suppose to crank the throttle trim on all radios when cal the T-180 or is it just for this specific Tactic radio? I don't use a tactic, and never heard of turning the trim all the way up before calibrating, but I'm assuming that it just allows for max throttle output from radio

No it depends on the radio. My flysky needs throttle set to reverse, but doesn't need the throttle trim moved from 0

Quote Originally Posted by Heaving Earth View Post
    No it depends on the radio. My flysky needs throttle set to reverse, but doesn't need the throttle trim moved from 0
    Thanks, I use a flysky also