Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jae mini sprint carbon fiber wrap????

I added the thin ply doubler that you can see, theirs also a shorter one inside the tub so the aluminium flat plate bolt through all of this. The main reason for this mod was i originally use the stock wooden rudder bracket but due to the high speed sharpe turns tore the rudder of first time out which left a hole & splits in the ply side.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    I added the thin ply doubler that you can see, theirs also a shorter one inside the tub so the aluminium flat plate bolt through all of this. The main reason for this mod was i originally use the stock wooden rudder bracket but due to the high speed sharpe turns tore the rudder of first time out which left a hole & splits in the ply side.
    What thickness did you use for the ply doubler on the outside and inside? Did you use wood type screws or machine screws with nuts?

You wont need to add doublers as i did, this was only done to repair the damage hole & splits in the side where the rudder was torn off. The doublers were only 1/32" ply by the way, if your bolting the rudder to the transome & the flat plate to the side you wont need doublers. The screws through the side plate are machine screws with nuts, the bolts through the transome rudder bracket are 3mm allen bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    I also upgraded the carbon boom tubes as the stock 3/16" were not strong enough for what i wanted, here in the UK we cant get imperial diameter carbon only metric. So went with 6mm diam carbon, obviously had to change the brass tube in the sponsons & in the tub to larger brass to take the 6mm carbon boom tubes. I also had to make new sponsons due to destroying them in a crash so made the sponsons a tad higher on the top so as to get more material above where the tubes go into the sponson as i also add hard wood blocks inside the sponson to strengthen where the tubes are bonded in. Martin.
    Martin, When you added the 5/8" in height to the tub, how much height did you add to the sponsons with the 6mm tubes?
    -Gary

+ 3/16".

Thanks Martin. What kind of run times are you getting?
    -Gary

At around 42000rpm unloaded i limit run times to about 1 min then cool down, out of a 2200mah battery i get around 3.5 min total run time whilst still leaving 20% in the battery. So puting around 1760mah back in on recharge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12