Thread: Does the stock MG setup have a reverse drive function?

Question Does the stock MG setup have a reverse drive function?

I just got mine out on the water yesterday, but it doesn't seem to have a reverse drive. Is this normal, or did I set something up wrong?

No bud the factory MG is made to go fast for a RTR boat so no reverse, on FE's (fast electrics) the flexshaft is wound in one direction if you reverse the boat you can cause the flexshaft to unwind and destroy the shaft!!Most slower, cheaper, toy style boats have reverse but thats cuz there not made to be real fast..

From a different angle...I always program my Castle and Schulze controllers to have reverse. On the Castle you can set it to a maximum of 12.5% throttle, a safe limit. The Schulze has a low limit as well. This function has come in handy a few times to back off a buoy or out of some weeds. You never want to use it much or with much load or you will unwind the cable. 99% of the time it is neither used nor missed.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

HydroJerry - thanks for the reply. I know it seems obvious to people who have been involved with this niche for a while - so I appreciate you taking the time to explain the obvious for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    From a different angle...I always program my Castle and Schulze controllers to have reverse. On the Castle you can set it to a maximum of 12.5% throttle, a safe limit. The Schulze has a low limit as well. This function has come in handy a few times to back off a buoy or out of some weeds. You never want to use it much or with much load or you will unwind the cable. 99% of the time it is neither used nor missed.

Yeah, I run my MG off of a boat pier and now and then it would be nice to have the reverse in order to keep from bumping into real boats/pilings/etc.

Asobriwin, its cool bro we all learn as we play and it never hurts to ask!!!! I see you have only 3posts so Welcome to ower Forum bud,, lots of info here and if you dont find it somewhere just ask...