Thread: Segad drive line options

Default Segad drive line options

I'm having one heck of a time keeping the cable drive in my sons C1 Segad. The boat has 3 runs on it and has dropped the left cable out the back twice already. The first time it was shipped loose from the factory and was ran without me checking everything first. The second time I'm unable to identify what the problem was as I personally went through the entire boat checking bolts and nuts and applying loc-tite accordingly. I am not a fan of Venoms system of connecting the cable to the motor with a simple collar and set screw. Cheap set up in my mind. What I am looking for is a collet style replacement for the two drives. One like the Traxxas Spartan utilizes where even clamping pressure is applied from 3 sides. If anyone can recommend one or even go as far to suggest a better after market setup (wire drive, better cables, etc.) It would be greatly appreciated. Not looking for a performance upgrade as more of a reliability upgrade seeing as its now my sons boat and he's only 7. He's quite happy with its current speed (as am I because he hasn't figured out the speed adjustment on the transmitter lol) we just want it to run for more than 1 run without failing. Thanks.

If you have a local hobby shop go there and find some airplane wheel collars, find ones with the hole size you need. they have a set screw on the sides of them . Run the drive cable through the collar between the motor and the stuffing tube and lock the set screw. Now if the screw loosens at least the cable won't fall out of the boat. This will work untill you can find what you are looking for and after as well. Don"t leave home without them..
    Don't forget to put your brain in gear before you engage your mouth! Thanks Dad!

Excellent idea. If I go ahead and order the stock replacement parts I most definitely will do that. As it stands right now, I'm at the point where I'm missing the left cable drive, prop, and all running hardware associated with it and not sure if spending the $$ for the stock replacement parts is worth it right now or to just find an alternative and go ahead with that. It seems to take forever to get the OEM parts from Venom so realistically after market parts may be a quicker and better solution. If I do go OEM though I most certainly will use the collar to secure the cable should it let loose again. Thanks for the idea.

Don't forget to put your brain in gear before you engage your mouth! Thanks Dad!

They only ship within the US. I'm a north of the border resident. I usually use Great Hobbies up here but they to are at the mercy of Venom when it comes to replacement parts. Doesn't seem to matter if I order through a distributor or Venom directly, parts always seem to be on back order.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...stuff-for-sale Not sure if these are the same but u could ask him.