Thread: Minimono Refit/Mod for larger Lipo's

Default Minimono Refit/Mod for larger Lipo's

Thought I'd post the final layout for my son's minimono since I have heard quite a few folks asking how to put more mah in it. I am running a 2200 3s 30c batt and the stock suggestion is around 1000-1200 mounted widthwise in the hull.

I had to relocate the servo and ESC to the Starboard side............I flipped the servo as well. The batt is quite large for a 15" boat but it fits nicely this way. I also found an old cooling plate from a 35a Turnigy marine speedo and simply taped it on to the ESC as I was out of medium shrink, it'll work fine................better than the "No" cooling it had before.

This boat is really a blast and the extra weight actually helps it in my opinion.

Anyways, here's how i did it:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

I get plenty of minutes of run time with a 1400 pack that I use, so I can imagine how long run times would be with a 2200. Does the boat lean any with the battery to one side?

I finally got to run it and it runs great!! I think the extra weight settles it down and lets it handle choppier water. The weight offset is to the port side as it should be, and the servo, ESC and RX are on the right so its not horribly weighted to the port side, just enough to offset torque steer......................I'm very pleased with it.

The watercooling block I put on seems to work well since I ran it in 100+ degrees and it went for about 10 minutes and was only warm.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Great looking setup. I will attempt to mirror it as I rebuild my Mono over the next couple days--basically have it as an empty hull at this point. What is that black piece across the hull there? just some more plastic to prop up the battery?

I'm with you regarding the weight. When I rebuilt my Mini-rio it I managed to cram a 2200mAh pack in there along with a 70A ESC (what I had handy) and boy was it heavier--the back edge of the boat was actually under a sliver of water when it was just floating--but with the extra power it made no difference to speed and definitely made it handle better. Any lighter and it would have been catching air off even small waves...