Thread: Propeller not getting boat going.

Default Propeller not getting boat going.

I have a sv and I have been having trouble since I got it with two issues. The first issue is the main problem. I have a aquacraft 42x50 prop on it and it just spins in the water for the first twenty yards before it gets on plane and gets going. The second issue is it doesn't want to turn left. I have my batteries about three inches from the back of the boat. I also have a miss geico and it rips right out of the water and turns on a dime. Please help me with the sv.
    Drew

I have a SV and it does not turn left unless you are on plane. As for prop, my does it to with my 440prop but with my 42/55 it jumps up on plane

You need a prop with more diameter.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Any recommendations on a prop with a bigger diameter? Sirbudman recommended a 42/55. What is you recommendation?

If your running stock electronics the Grim Racer 42/55 is the best choice in prop. No problem with heat and good speed, low to mid 40s. Make sure it is SB.

Here are some other prop suggestions. Octura x442 or m445. Make sure you buy them sharpened and balanced. The x442 is perfect for just running and playing with a good balance of speed and run time. The m445 will just be plain fast.

I've never seen a boat that doesn't cavitate on takeoff to some extent if you just hit the throttle, lot of power and rpm something has to give or the boat would just flip. Some props are worse than others though, depending on the water I like the 42x55 2 blade or an x440/3 3 blade prop in rough water. The boat settles a little more in the water with the smaller 3 blade prop I find, without losing much top speed.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Thanks for your help guys. I went with the octura m445 and she jumps out of the water now. Between the new prop and a little work on center of gravity, she screams now.
    Drew