Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 72" MHZ Mystic C5000 setup

I think I big boat like that doing 50mph is just grandma style!!!, 70-80 definetly. Big question here is, how many times do you want it to do that. also, spend the $$ now, spend it once on the right gear, have the fun. If you then need to sell, you'll have some cool gear to offer. looks like you have the time.....you sometime find deals here for motors, just keep an eye out. Also having a comon setup with known equipment is going to save you money on props. you can easy spend $500-1000 in props in no time. (4-7 pairs). not alot of people have those types of boats with real budget equipment. Even when you say 54" + people are thinking big $$$ striaght up.
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack-sven View Post
    Again guys. The 50 mark was just a ball park cause my genesis seems quick at its 40 mph. If it goes faster then good. I want it to look fast but I don't want to drop 10,000 on equipment to make her stupid. I just want the boat to be reliable, good looking on the water, and with a reasonable price range for that size of boat. I'm know I could easily get the genisis to hit 80's but that's not what I want from boats.
    The YouTube vid named "mystic c 5000 electric powered_part 1" is fast enough but I would guess he sunk a pretty penny into it too.
    If 80 mph is what's gonna make this boat look good on the water then let's shoot for that speed instead.
    You don't need to drop $10k, but I would plan on $3500-$4000

By the way, the power system I am putting in mine is in your price range...(2) Castle hydra ICE 200 HV + (2) Castle 2028 = ~$1400
    You could go a bit cheaper with TP 5850 or Leopard 5698. With the amount of money you will have into the boat otherwise, a couple hundred dollars saved in motors is a fairly small splash in the pond.

I can tell you this: Anything you put in it is going to look small!

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Twin 5698 4D's on 9 or 10s outta get you there...............very affordable too!

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...o-5698&cat=148
    I'll quote myself here on the 5698's.........Under $450 Bucks for two motors.............which will push you well over 50 mph............

OR

If you want HIGH quality but not "overkill" then these could be your ticket!!!

Under $1200 for two motors...............In my opinion, I think they're perfect.

http://www.cermark.com/products/NEU-...Y-winding.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

When ppl mention TP. Is that the short firm for Tower Pro?
    HK Genesis, DF Vortex, Baja 5T, Lazer ZX-5 sp, XXX, 8T, P51-D Mustang Shangrila, GP Giant P51-D Mustang, Blade 400 3D, with way too many more to list.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    You don't need to drop $10k, but I would plan on $3500-$4000

By the way, the power system I am putting in mine is in your price range...(2) Castle hydra ICE 200 HV + (2) Castle 2028 = ~$1400
    You could go a bit cheaper with TP 5850 or Leopard 5698. With the amount of money you will have into the boat otherwise, a couple hundred dollars saved in motors is a fairly small splash in the pond.

I can tell you this: Anything you put in it is going to look small!
    What sort of props are you going to or do you use?
    HK Genesis, DF Vortex, Baja 5T, Lazer ZX-5 sp, XXX, 8T, P51-D Mustang Shangrila, GP Giant P51-D Mustang, Blade 400 3D, with way too many more to list.

I have just bought the Mystic C5000 1890 from MHZ. The boat looked like hell. I had to sandpaper/scrub all over the boat. You know the boat is made of two parts. Upper part where the hatch is and lower part where the stingers and motor are. The gluing was a mess.... I used 2 days just scrubbing.
    I`m gonna use 2 x 5850 4Y 1000kv - 2 x MGM TMM 25063-3 X2–SERIES ESC 360A ESC - 2 x 14s lipo.
    Guess this should be fast.... ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12