Thread: Corrosion X HD?

Default Corrosion X HD?

Is this stuff ok to spray inside the motor and ESC after use? Just want to double check.. Thanks

http://www.corrosionx.com/hd.html

just the regular corrosion x is what I use this stuff may be too thick
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

I would like to see what others say also, spraying the motor I don't think you will have any problems. I sprayed some in my boat over the weekend. I gave very light coat on the cap end of my hydra ice240 speedo and ran it for two passes, brought it back in for testing and while walking back -bam-!!! It was like a 22 going off! Thought a battery popped. Opened up and speedo was in pieces. Only thing I can see that happened was the corossion x got inside to the caps or fets. When I was carrying it on its side the x must have shorted the speedo somehow. Does say electrical terminal cleaner. So I'm assusiming it's highly conductive? And it wasn't the set up. So I'm gonna say motor ok but not delicate electronics. And I am curious what others think also.

Corrosion X must be one of the most popular things used on esc on this forum without problems.

Cool

I have sprayed every Castle controller and receiver I've owned in the past three years with regular CorrosionX, zero problems; ditto many club members. I would assume that the caps blowing above had nothing to do with the CorrosionX and everything to do with the previous run. A hot controller and swollen caps still connected to power = bang.

/
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Corrosian-X is highly non-conductive, and Corrosion-X HD is also, 'tho HD is slightly less dialectric. Have had many discussions with them; they've sponsored some D19 races.

HD is thicker and more "gummy" so I'd use the standard Red can X for inside motors.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post

HD is thicker and more "gummy" so I'd use the standard Red can X for inside motors.
    Agree with that, I would keep it away for parts that you want to move freely.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Thanks guys for the help

Jay how often have you re-coated them?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    I have sprayed every Castle controller and receiver I've owned in the past three years with regular CorrosionX, zero problems; ditto many club members. I would assume that the caps blowing above had nothing to do with the CorrosionX and everything to do with the previous run. A hot controller and swollen caps still connected to power = bang.

/
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    I just assumed it was something to do with the corossion x. The las run I had was the day before, so everything was cold, but if you are saying the damage was done then I understand. When you say you have coated every castle controller do you mean that you have just coated them or that you have actually got the stuff inside to contact the boards? I'm not being a smart&$$, I m just trying to learn what happened and not be ruling something that wasn't the problem. And when I say it blew up it literally went into several pieces. And it happened about one minuent after the last throttle blip. So just to be clear, if the controller was almost drenched in corossion x it would not cause it to short and blow up? And sorry for the hijacking of this thread. It was just my assumption because that was the first time I used it and bam!! Controller goes, just a coincidence !???

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    . Oops sorry if I made it sound if the caps were hot, they were not and were not swollen, and I also have another four caps that were
    Normal, after looking at the leftover I could see the two internal caps and two external caps were not blown into pieces or tops blown off

Hey guys just an update, I had one of my boats flip over yesterday while running. It sat upside down for at least 10 mins before I could get it out of the water and everything was completely submerged. I got it home, blew everything out well with compressed air and used the Corrosion X HD on the motor and ESC. I just went out and tested it today and everything works perfectly. So it seems like this stuff works good as well.

Just to add, I had also sprayed liquid tape on my ESC everything that a circuit board or contacts were exposed to water. I think this also helped a great deal in keeping the ESC alive

I've seen videos of folks waterproofing thier stuff with CX. Open the ESC, dunk it completely and reassemble. Supposed to be waterPROOF for months then.

Quote Originally Posted by xlandguy View Post
    I've seen videos of folks waterproofing thier stuff with CX. Open the ESC, dunk it completely and reassemble. Supposed to be waterPROOF for months then.
    WOW! Thats pretty cool. Thanks for posting up

No prob, ya that thing is totaly submerged and working. I wonder if there could be any long term negative affects, probably not. I just got some spray and liquid of this stuff, going to try it out. Not planning on submerging anything, but for added peace of mind and protection against damaged and/or runaway electronics.