Thread: Problems w/ arming

Default Problems w/ arming

Just recently I bought a Spektrum SR200 receiver for my SV27 & my electronics are stock except a lipo cutoff. When I first plugged in the batteries the first beep came on then I pulled the trigger then the 3 beeps came on after & everything was working ok for the first minute. I unplugged the batteries then plugged them back in to check it again everything was fine then all of a sudden the motor stopped working & all it was doing was sounding this constant "beep" from the ESC I unplugged the batts then plugged them in again & it would keep giving me this constant beep noise. I would push the trigger forward then it would beep once but then the motor would get no throttle & sometimes it would suddenly go full throttle without me pulling the trigger! Now does this have to do with the kind of reciever I'm using or is there something wrong with the ESC? Everything is connected properly & the steering servo is working fine now I'm just wondering if this is a reciever or ESC problem? Your help & advise would be appreciated thank you.

When you first plug in the batteries, your trigger should have been pulled and kept pulled already, that is why sometimes it is a good idea to have two people to do the job, other people either tape the trigger or put rubber band to hold the trigger full. ( Pulled position)
    According to your description of your sequences of arming, I will say you have never correctly armed the ESC. Also you need to check the throttle trim and Endpoint Adjustment on the Spektrum tx. The throttle trim knob should line up with the "line" that is molded on the front.
    There are four little knobs on the lower front panel, the two on the right should be at "max" position ( 5 o'clock), the two on the left dictates rudder travel---you can ignore them until you need to adjust.
    I unfortunately never remember the "tone" you are supposed to hear after plugging in, but you should hear a tone or a series of tone, then let go of trigger, don't hold on forever.
    By the way, Spektrum SR200, I did not notice your info, I thought you meant MR 200 ( Marine receiver). I don't want to delete my post but I have to say that Spektrim is specific about using their "marine" rx for boats, their earlier 2.4 GHz had issues on the water. But in any event your arming technique needs to be re-examed.
    I wasn't as clear as i can be: pull your trigger to full throttle THEN connect your batteries.
    Last edited by tlandauer; 07-02-2012 at 02:42 AM. Reason: clarify first sentence

Hi guys,

To arm my boat I NEVER pull the trigger throttle first...?

I just connect the batteries negative (black first) then the positve... I then hear 2 beeps.

THEN I pull and HOLD the throttle on full until I hear 3 beeps...

Then my boat is armed and ready to rip!
    I have not heard of pulling the throttle on first as you connect the batteries- that sounds dangerous!!

If it beeps continuously it means your tx and rx are not binded correctly, try that then try to re-arm, and also make sure your throttle trim is not on full.

Hope this helps

Tone

Same issue different RX same esc DX2s radio, set the travel to 130% forwards and back and trim to B20. I don't know why the stock SV esc does this with SPektrum radios, only esc that does it, the UL-1 esc works normal as do all my Proboat and Swordfishes.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Cool

I have not heard of pulling the throttle on first as you connect the batteries- that sounds dangerous!!
    One has to follow the manufacturer's recommendations. Castle controller binding requires you to pull the throtle to full with the transmitter on, then plug in the main packs to the ESC. Not at all dangerous. Other ESC makers have different binding processes.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Hey Fluid,

Fair enough if its a reccomended way of doing it, I've just never heard of it before... live and learn!

Tone

Just armed mine to answer this post.
    Plug the batts in, wait for 2 beeps, pull the trigger, 2 beeps, release, 3 beeps - good to go.
    Plus the odd settings I mentioned above.
    Just armed mine twice to make sure of the beep counts etc.
    Goes into program mode (or something) if the trigger is pulled before the packs are plugged in, then just regular beeps.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?