Thread: Maryland RC Boat Club?

Question Maryland RC Boat Club?

Does anyone know of any boat clubs in the Md area(southern PA down to northern VA at the most)? Please let me know...

i would love to know that myself, im from maryland also!

Me too Im in Baltimore county.

Im just north of Philly. where in pa are you?

if we get enough reply's from one another, in the area, we may be able to meet up from time to time even if we dont have a formal club.

im in pasadena and run at the head of the magothy river.

Guys we are all with in an hour and a half of each other....Lets talk

I grew up in Baltimore County...spend a lot of time at Loch Raven and Pretty Boy reservoirs(calm water). I go as far north as Lake Redman in York County(southern PA). Nowadays, I live down here in Glen Burnout(northern Anne Arrundel County). I have left out of the Magothy countless times to fish for Rock under and around the Bridge. A friend docks his boat(the "Reel Chief") their at the mouth of the Magothy. I also do as much crabbing as I can(chicken neckin' with topless pots) out on the Wye. We head out of Wye Landing for that. It's good to run into some local boys on here. Technically it only takes two to start a club and we have already surpassed that. Let's keep this up guys and see where we can go with this...!!!

there are two clubs. One has a lake in centerville, that is capitol radio controll boat club and one has a lake at fort ritchie. I am not sure of that one name, but centered near baltimore.

Southern Maryland, Charles County. There are two RC clubs in the general area that I am aware of however, they are limited to RC airplanes, my other expensive hobby. I am new to RC boating and have only run toy grade electric boats until my recent purchase, a FE mono setup to run 6S LiPo. Looking to establish a club that will serve Charles, Saint Mary’s and Calvert counties. There are a number of ponds in my area that may be well suited for RC boating. Some are located in the state and county parks, a few of which I have run and found the staff to be very accommodating and genuinely interested in the hobby. There are other ponds on private property which I have yet to run but may be even better suited to use by those wanting to run ICE powered boats. Several are located in gravel pits which are run by folks who are very supportive of youth sports teams in the area and other organized, not for profit activities.
    The initial goal here is to determine if sufficient interest exists in the targeted area to establish a club and move toward locating a pond and establishing a schedule of fun runs to begin spring of 2019.

The Delmarva Boat Club pond is in Queenstown, MD...a few gas, nitro and FE guys will be there this Sunday (09/02) 12:00- 4:00. There is a permanent drivers stand, buoey's are setup on the course and retrieve boat on site.

The address is:
    215 Cherry Ln.
    Queenstown, MD 21658

All are welcome to come check out the scene...bring your boats if you want!

Tell Pop that Kent Seal let you guys know about the Club!! ; )
    Last edited by HOTWATER; 09-01-2018 at 08:28 PM.
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Quote Originally Posted by HOTWATER View Post
    The Delmarva Boat Club pond is in Queenstown, MD...a few gas, nitro and FE guys will be there this Sunday (09/02) 12:00- 4:00. There is a permanent drivers stand, buoey's are setup on the course and retrieve boat on site.

The address is:
    215 Cherry Ln.
    Queenstown, MD 21658

All are welcome to come check out the scene...bring your boats if you want!

Tell Pop that Kent Seal let you guys know about the Club!! ; )
    Thank you for the information and invite but I can’t make it this weekend- holiday plans with the family... I would like to meet up with the folks there on another occasion. As my nick indicates, I am new to RC boating and I have a lot to learn. I have been flying RC planes for about 10 years so, I do have a little familiarity with RC in general.

Double post deleted....
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

No problem...guys in the club are there pretty much every Sunday from 12:00-4:00. There may not be anyone there on The weekend of Sep. 14 though ...there is a District rc boat race that weekend in Cascade, MD @ Fort Ritchie...you may want to check that out!! Lots of racing Sat and Sun with open water for test n tune the Friday before...probably the biggest RC boat race of the year in the Mid-Atlantic!!

Gas, Nitro and FE boats will be racing...

Race Location:
    Fort Ritchie
    14421 Lake Royer Dr.
    Cascade, Md.. 21719
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

I work in Charles County and live outside of Fredericksburg, VA. I'm going to be running my boats every weekend this spring if anyone is interested in getting together. I have a couple buddies getting into the hobby, so it should be a good time. Feel free to email or PM me.