Thread: ESC wiring

Default ESC wiring

Ive run my UL-1 once now.

My batteries are Turnigy 2S 5000 20C. These outperform the one recommended from AQ.

I used XT60 connectors for ease of use and the fact amp draw shouldnt be to high. Also used 14 Ga wire to wire between connectors. The ESC has 14 Ga wire also...

However after my run the connectors were fairly hot as well as the 14 Ga wire.

I have upgraded to 5.5's and 12 Ga wire but the ESC is still 14 ga for about 2" worth. Should this be a concern?

I personally wouldnt worry about the 2" of small wire if your setup is stock,except for a prop upgrade. What prop are you running? If it has the stock motor and esc, I doubt youll be really pushing it hard anyway. You did good by upgrading to bullets, but I would buy batteries with a higher C rating. Doing so would have probably solved your problems to begin with.

I personally wouldnt worry about the 2" of small wire if your setup is stock,except for a prop upgrade. What prop are you running? If it has the stock motor and esc, I doubt youll be really pushing it hard anyway. You did good by upgrading to bullets, but I would buy batteries with a higher C rating. Doing so would have probably solved your problems to begin with.

Whoops....^

D...D...dddouble post...

How are the C ratings affecting me negatively? They are above and beyond what AQ recommends?

I run it today with another forum member. Boat ran good despite wind conditions. Brought her in and the connectors were cool. I ended up not needing any patch wires. The ESC wiring and battery wires were JUST long enough.
    Prop Gramracer 38 55

There is a defect in one blade, other blade is different on outter edge -> not symmetrical. Going to ditch this prop for another now upon inspection.
    Last edited by Basstronics; 06-30-2012 at 07:49 PM.