Thread: Venom/Atomik New 58 Inch Electric Catamaran

Default Venom/Atomik New 58 Inch Electric Catamaran

I don get it!. why is the moderator closing a thread, when i see it as a healthy debate about Venom boats? :
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

once it turns to attacks it is history you can bang your head all you want. Your definition of healthy debate and mine are lightyears apart. Just look how many posts were deleted get a clue
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    once it turns to attacks it is history you can bang your head all you want. Your definition of healthy debate and mine are lightyears apart. Just look how many posts were deleted get a clue
    Maybe you have a point! but how about a warning before closing the thread..
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

there were too many warnings already
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by mappo View Post
    I don get it!. why is the moderator closing a thread, when i see it as a healthy debate about Venom boats? :
    its ok bro..
    this motor if you want to know is very close to what comes in that boat for only 45 bucks
    but it is rated to 3k watts vs only 2k watts in the venom.. so about 50% more rated power
    http://fightercatracing.com/index.ph...chk=1&Itemid=1
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Hello,

I'm rather new to this board and have two Venom Boats, a 34 in KOS and a Miss Excite. The only upgrades have been collets for both and better tie downs for the batteries. I follow all the rules on maintaining them and nothing has broken after dozens of runs. I also buy stuff from Kintec Racing and receive excellent service....stuff shipped the same day. One item was out of stock but arrived a week later. The only thing about hobby stuff from China is that; 1. it requires special drivers I mean 1.5mm 2.5mm really...can't they be in whole numbers. I have tons of Sears metric Craftsman Tools! 2. all of it is over priced. When I ran nitro boats as a kid everything except the engines were made here. Sometimes I could buy fasteners, washers and other stuff at the hardware store. In the future I plan to buid a large cat but for now these Venom boats put a big smile on my face :)

Fleckster

i like the concept of the boat,large size,good looks.but for a grand it had better have all the bugs out of it before it is released to the public.im not bashing,but ive talked to other r/c boaters on other sites that have bought Venom products in the past and have had nothing but problems with them.when calling the company,they were met with less than satisfactory service.so,in closing,id like to see the bugs worked out,and someone who has bought one to post a vid or review to show us that it isnt as bad as we think its going to be.

The power system in the ARC is rated to 3024W peak power. The 2000W+ rating was conservative in our advertising because that's all it needs to perform as it does. There is a margin of safety built in so the temps are lower and the power is good with some space to tune.
    The motor bug has been taken care of and all of the customers and dealers have been contacted about the motor issue. They have or will have received new motors with the correct epoxy for the magnets for FREE. I designed this motor to do this job and handle the loads and temps. The motor mount is designed specifically for this boat to handle other motors if you want to change it. The sponsons have special battery trays already installed so you can change the battery configuration as needed.

This hull has been run at over 55mph and holds up just fine and handles rough water very well. We run this boat in large open lakes up here in north Idaho for testing and its great fun to run along side full size boats at full speed.

If you plan to change props or motors please use a Data Logger and understand the power system so you dont burn up electronics. A Data Logger is a must have tool for electric boats. Take a look at an Eagle Tree 150A unit.
    VENOM RACING R&D

they are selling hull and hatch for 899 and rtr for 999, really? links right from venom spokesman:

http://www.atomik-rc.com/Hull-Hatch-Set-EC1.html
    http://www.atomik-rc.com/Atomik-ARC-...tric-Boat.html

Quote Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
    they are selling hull and hatch for 899 and rtr for 999, really? links right from venom spokesman:

http://www.atomik-rc.com/Hull-Hatch-Set-EC1.html
    http://www.atomik-rc.com/Atomik-ARC-...tric-Boat.html
    Kinda messed up ..
    specially with a 2k watt motor on this big thing...
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Default Data Log Example

This is a sample data log from our Eagle Tree 150 Data Logger. I have selected a section of about 3 min with short and long laps to show how the data maps out a lap. You can see from collecting data like this that you can tune a boat up and your driving technique as well. If you collect a few sessions and make changes it will be obvious to you how your set up is doing and what can be improved. The more sensors you use the better the data will be and you can really zero in on problems. On this graph only Watts, Amps and Volts are shown. You can record temps, RPM, speed by GPS and many more. Its a great tool to have I cant stress that enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    VENOM RACING R&D

Would love to get one of these on order! Any idea where?

Quote Originally Posted by marksp View Post
    Would love to get one of these on order! Any idea where?
    they were pulled due to bad electronics....
    my guess, not enough power on 6s for this hull

The ESC's have been inconsistent in production volumes so we are improving them to cure this problem. The capacitors have been hit or miss so we are increasing their capacity to handle the loads better.
    The boat has plenty of power for its size and type.

@Marksp
    Your in Washington state right? How close are you to Spokane? We are located just 25min east of Spokane and I'd be happy to show you the boat in person.
    VENOM RACING R&D

Thanks Chris! I'm in Seattle area, so a bit of a hike from Venom/Atomik HQ, but thanks for the offer! I'm ready to rock, so get those bad boys sorted so I can get one before our limited summer is over

Yep working on it!
    Whats up with our short summers! Oh well but we do run in the winter so dress warm and go!
    VENOM RACING R&D

Default arc 58 12S upgrade

Hey its been awhile since I last posted on this. I had ordered a new ESC and motor from fightercat and the usb programmer was DOA. I got a working one and eventually got it installed. Here's a pic of where I'm at.
    20120728_164529.jpg

Excuse the sloppy wiring, I'm waiting on some quality 8 awg wire so I had to fudge it a bit just to test it. Basically I ordered a 520kv outrunner and the 20S 120 Amp ESC from fightercat. The installation has been fairly easy so far, I opened up the coupler to 6mm to fit the shaft of the fightercat outrunner. I had to shorten up the flex shaft about 10mm and add a reciever pack (no BEC on that esc).

I'm in Los Angeles and had to wait for the weather to cool down a bit. I did not want to test the setup in 100 degree plus heat. Yesterday was around 90 so I took it out. Unfortunately one of the motor leads let go after my initial pass to check heat

I'm anxious to get it back in the water though, I want to get some GPS readings.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    its ok bro..
    this motor if you want to know is very close to what comes in that boat for only 45 bucks
    but it is rated to 3k watts vs only 2k watts in the venom.. so about 50% more rated power
    http://fightercatracing.com/index.ph...chk=1&Itemid=1
    Hope its better than the 520kv version I ended up with...

20120729_121621.jpg
    Last edited by EricSchlaifer; 07-29-2012 at 03:19 PM.

So is anyone actually running this??? Would love some ACTUAL feedback...