Thread: Boat transporting question...

Question Boat transporting question...

How do you transport your boat when traveling to the lake??? I always see bags/duffels for the R/C car enthusiast, but nothing for the R/C boaters. Anything out there??

I make simple PVC stands and attach some rope and handles and good to go.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...All&highlight=

That's what I use currently. I was looking for something a bit more protective that I can store the boat for a longer trip in a fairly packed vehicle.

Kintec sells a few boat hauler bags.
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

You might want to look at standard checked baggage type luggage if you're going to be packing it in tight in a car/van. I'm sure you could find a case that will have enough room for the boat, some spare parts, transmitter, etc and it'll probably have straps you could use to secure the boat. I haven't done this yet, but I have seen it done. My Impulse fits right between the middle row seats in the family van. I just leave it on the stand with a few guards I made for the turn fins and rudder on the transom, same for when I'm transporting it on a full scale boat.

Call me crazy... But I put mine in car. Sit in drive's seat. Turn on car. Drive to destination.

On a good day, I may stop for In-n-Out!!

I made a slick little box for mine outa 1/4'' ply and the best part is it holds two boats and then turns into a boat stand for three modles! I will post some pictures of it tomarow. the box has storage for a few batterys and my programing cards as well as a stick on air dryer to keep my boats nice. All i do to get them to the lake is strap the box to a folding hand cart...along with my blow up raft! and away i go! i bring my boats with me camping so the box needed tough enough to have camping gear piled on top. I was going to start a thread on this to show it off but you beat me to it!

Nice. Looking forward to the pics.

Well i looked through my videos and got some pic's of my boat box. They are not real good pictures but this is an easy box that is split in half. one half is for my IM31 and the other for my BJ26. I got reall lucky because i made this box for my BJ26 and a home built 26'' vee hull. All was good when i found out my newboat fit like a glove! As you might see in the photos the boats have foam padded stand that keep them from shifting around in the box and secured with light bunge stuff i got a Lowes. if you look under the dolly you can see the bag that holds my raft/air pump! This box works out real nice, but i have plans to make a new one with a bit more room and removable wheels and a pop out handle from an old suit case. Sorry about the pictures...im away from home and they are all i have on hand!