Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gsbuikman scammed me?

Default Gsbuikman scammed me?

I recommend starring clear of gsbuikman.
    He sold me a hot mess of a boat here on the forums.
    Actualy I was being kind in my "review" of your business practices. Since you call me a liar, I will call you out. You say I am a liar? I took pictures of the boat upon arival.
    You stated NO HULL DAMAGE, you put batteries over the holes so that they could not be seen in the pictures,
    you showed pictures of the boat with a Tactic RX, implying that it was coming with one. It did not.
    So many things wrong with this scam/sale. Pictures do not lie. What the heck reason do I have to lie. The boat, and motors are a hot mess. Gosh dude, it even had some kind of sticky gross crap all over it with dog/cat hairs stuck all over the boat. I had to wear gloves and disinfect the thing before I could even touch it. When I sell something, I clean it up a little, wow

Stated NO HULL DAMAGE:
    Holes in hull caused by fire? Said nothing, covered holes up in ad pictures
    Transom cracked

Parts missing, or broken, no seals on driveshafts, some kind of cheap epoxy for a quick fix?

No biggie, but it was filthy and GROSS, sticky substance, dog/cat? hair all over.
    Cheap auto style crimp on connectors on ESC? wow

Home made thin lexan mount for electronics, broken in half and TAPED together:

Also put pics up with a tactic rx in the boat, but did not ship with that one, some cheapo off brand I never heard of. Said nothing.
    The props, corroded and one of them bent all out of shape.
    I could go on an on about this dissapointment. I complained a bit in another thread and He? closed it.
    Bottom line recommendation? STAY AWAY
    Last edited by JimClark; 06-27-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Holy crap.
    What a POS !
    Claim your money back.. if you sent it gift, fool you !

Some ppl are just wankers, offloading stuff destined for landfill.

W
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Do you have a link to the thread you purchased it on?

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...!<br /> <br /> Nice?? An untruth right in the title, lol

Thanks, yeah he said no hull damage. Thing is beat to smithereens

XLANDGUY,

Looks like those pics were taken 8 months ago, then driven hard a left to rot.... Doesn't seem like an honest exchange...

I do not think he can see to good,
    He had a UL 1 for sale that was in his eyes great shape,
    But really looked like *!***!***!***!** to most of us.

So how can he CLOSE a thread?? I guess I never tried. If you start one, can you?

Sorry you're having so much bad luck landguy. I can see how people get turned off from the hobby.... Glad you're sticking with it tho.... Cause they are damn fun!

Quote Originally Posted by sanyijr View Post
    So how can he CLOSE a thread?? I guess I never tried. If you start one, can you?
    Probably added xland guy to the ignore list, or whatever it's called for original poster !
    I posted there a few mins ago aok.

credibility lost for 'BS' Gsbuikman
    You can recover it by refunding the money, mate ( know you're lurking )

W
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Wayne,

I went to it as well. It was CLOSED. No options to reply... Interesting.....

Quote Originally Posted by sanyijr View Post
    Wayne,

I went to it as well. It was CLOSED. No options to reply... Interesting.....
    Wow, I must be special. Everyone tells me Im special ...

Ahah.. you meant this thread "POS ski tiger I rescued from trashbin" !
    yup, closed.
    Last edited by drwayne; 06-26-2012 at 07:12 PM.

He didn't close the thread I did
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

It looks that way because he replied to the thread, called me a liar and then said "this thread is closed", then it was immediately closed.

I closed it because you started posting on a completely unrelated subject in the other thread when you should have just started your own thread like this one
    Billy Graham

I certainly do not question your closing of the thread. You are right, I started off on a tangent.

Now let me try to contact him to see if we can solve this
    Billy Graham

Thank you, that would be good for the forum as a whole. As for me, I could really care less anymore about getting any money or other compensation from the "offender". He can keep his lousy $140 he got from me, doesnt mean jack to me. I've already spent well over what I bought it for in new parts and whatnot. Looks like a pretty nice boat now, plan is to use it as my rescue craft. I've got pics of the progress so far in another post.

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    Holy crap.
    What a POS !
    fool you !

W
    Ha, fool me is right!

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    Now let me try to contact him to see if we can solve this
    I don't think there is anything to resolve with with it. He started this thread today, yet started this rebuild thread last week:https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...630#post430630 I think he should have started this thread first and tried to resolve the issues before even rebuilding it. Yes the boat is junk or what else, but don't go fixing it, then come calling this guy a scammer, was there any attempt to resolve this issue. I don't think any type off refund should be issued, i'm not taking the sellers side ether.

Why not fix it? And why not call this guy what he is? He lied, he misrepresented, he decieved. I accepted those facts and decided to restore the boat like I planned anyway. I just had to spend alot more cash to do it. Did you read my previous post? I said that at this point I am not interested in one thin dime from the scammer. I am however interested in warning others about buying from this person, and I am concerned about this hurting the reputation of the classifieds. Just because I decided to forego the huge hassle of a claim, and possible return shipping and all that BS for the amount involved I should not call this guy out? And warn others? Help me understand your logic.

I just found out why one of the motors was not working properly, making terrible noises. One of the magnets was no longer attached to the can and was rattleing around in there. I epoxied it back in place though. So in the morning we will see if it works ok.

Looks like I am going to have to spring for some new motors too. What a bummer. So after all is said and done, I bought a damaged hull for $140. Everything else was/is practicaly junk. $200+ later and I might have a decent runner.

How was the item paid for?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

This stinks man. For the 200 bux you spent I purchased a brand new Coleman kayak from dicks. Food for thought. I never have to worry anymore about flipping my boats

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    How was the item paid for?
    Steve, I paid for it via PayPal using my Paypal/Ebay account name "stuandlynn"

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    This stinks man. For the 200 bux you spent I purchased a brand new Coleman kayak from dicks. Food for thought. I never have to worry anymore about flipping my boats
    Dana, that's $200 in addition to paying the $140 for a cracked up hull. So, yes, by now I could have a brand new "cheaper" boat, hell, a brand new Proboat can be had for less. But, I do love working on these things, and I've got this baby looking pretty good. *"But it's like an onion, the more layers you peel, the more it stinks"
    *quote stolen from Seinfeld. lol

The money spent afterwards on the boat does include the paint/sealer and decals too. Tons of parts too that I am replacing. Practicaly everything really.

Wow really? I didn't know that money was on top of the 140 you already spent. Sorry to hear that man. I would be a little more than pissed at this idiot.

I would put in a paypal claim and get my money back.. why spend another $200 a on junk boat? That makes no sense to me. Put a claim in and ship it back to him on his dime.

Well, it aint junk no more! lol, at least I don't think so. I put alot of work into this, and I am enjoying it actualy, quite a bit. I have alot to do yet as I keep finding more and more things that need fixing.

Man that looks great!! Nice job on the makeover. It looks really nice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast