Thread: Fightercat Racing

Default Fightercat Racing

The other FC thread was closed so I started a new one. I am shopping for an ESC, the FC 140 ESC interests me. But it is half again the price to get a warranty? Otherwise it says NO NONE NADA ZERO ZILCH warranty! Is this still a good deal? I suppose you get the same zilch from the Chinese? Seems a heck of a steep price. How good is this warranty?

I don't know about the warranty, but it's a great esc. Runs cool and very smooth throttle.

Thanks, I'm just worried about getting a lemon, it is possible. And if you don't buy the $42 warranty you'de be out in the cold? Or would they help out? It just seems a strange way, usualy when you buy something you get some sort of protection against a lemon.

It's funny how people view this.
    Everyone buys from hobbyking knowing that if and when you get lipos with dead cells, DOA ESCs, ect., you are out of luck. We all know that but it's the gamble you take when buying the cheap stuff.

I think it was an error on the part of FC to offer the warranty. No one is going to pay it, and it makes people think about the situation differently. Also, I guarantee if someone has a problem, and they didn't pay for the warranty, most people are still going to want their stuff replaced.

Ya, if they didnt say anything then it wouldnt spring up these questions. About Hobbyking, I cant even order from them without contacting my CC issuer. They are on a "blocked list".

I am sure if you had a DOA esc show up on your doorstep and you contacted Ben about it he would help you. He always comes across as a strait up guy to me!
    CF Fightercat Daytona, 21 year old Hitec Sea Nymph, Genesis and many more to come im sure.

It is there for a purpose guy.

Try getting ANYTHING under a warranty from HK.

Wonder what happened to that thread on Kintec Racing?
    Man, that guy was mental about them for sure. (JMO). I feel sorry
    for the folks there at Kintec as they are such a great place
    and there support has been great as well.
    Last edited by carlcisneros; 06-26-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Just used the FCC 140 this weekend. Flawless on 4S. Pulling about 100 amps on a stock mono with a UL1. 2030. Take the chance. Your car holds more than $40 worth of gas and we waist that daily.

Quote Originally Posted by carlcisneros View Post
    Wonder what happened to that thread on Kintec Racing?
    Man, that guy was mental about them for sure. I feel sorry
    for the folks there at Kintec as they are such a great place
    and there support has been great as well.
    What happened to it? What is this about, why the mention of Kintec? "that guy was mental", what guy is that sir?

Ok this is a mut read!!!
    If you have problems with any company that is payed with paypal. You can get your money back as long as you try to settle with the company first. Hobbyking has had to swallow two tickets that was a total of over 600.00. Their is a time frame that is around 45 days. So buy cheap if you want and know that paypal has your back if the company doesn't make good on the warrenty. I should also point out that when I sent the stuff back that signture of shipment is requried as well as tracking number by paypal.