Thread: New BlackJack?

Default New BlackJack?

So whats the deal? Is there a new BJ26 coming out? I was on anouther website and saw a picture of it...any idea was changed?

Theres a new BJ29 coming out.
    cool boat.
    do you have the upgraded BJ26?

current model is the blackjack 26 ss which has the offset rudder, I think this hull has gotten the ax.

The new blackjack 29 uses the mysic/ geico platform

The hull needed to go! anybody know whats under the hatch yet...More than likely a 1500-1700kv motor and a 60esc. The boat looks mean dont it! to bad i finally got mine the way i wanted -the nice hull. I dont think my wife will let me any more "toy" boats! I had to buy her a new car just to get my impulse 31! if you can post some pictures so i can drool over it!

View 360
    Blackjack 29 BL RTR

[PRB4150]

$419.99
    *at participating retailers

Due Late August, 2012

Find a Retailer

Or
    Buy It Now
    Required to Complete
    (4) AA batteries
    (2) 2S-3S Li-Po batteries or (2) 7.2V - 8.4V Ni-MH batteries with EC3 connector
    (1) Dual Li-Po or Ni-MH charger with EC3 charge plug
    See it in Action

Make your own luck.

From the bright red hull to its signature black ace logo detail, we gave the Blackjack 29 all the markings of a maverick. And the performance to match. Built around a powerful 1800Kv motor and 80-amp ESC, the Blackjack 29 is packed with speed, power and performance, giving you an ace up your sleeve anytime you find a competitor hot on your tail.

Features & Specs
    Parts & Upgrades
    Gallery
    Information

Features

Capable of reaching speeds of 50+mph
    Includes Dynamite marine electronics that have been overhauled to withstand the rigors of high speed action
    Includes Spektrum 2.4Ghz DX2E marine radio system including the MR200 marine receiver
    Off-set rudder system provides superb stability in all wake conditions while keeping the model glued to the water
    Water-cooled Dynamite marine 80 Amp ESC (6S compatible) and 1500kv brushless motor
    ESC comes pre-wired with dual high-current EC3 connectors
    Dual Li-Po or Ni-MH operation
    Li-Po / Ni-MH switch eliminates need for programming card when switching from Li-Po to Ni-MH battery types
    Includes brushless ESC programming module for additional programming changes
    Fiberglass composite hull provides extreme rigidity even in the roughest of water conditions
    Sealed inner liner keeps electronics dry
    Propeller strut and rudder are anodized aluminum providing superb stability and durability
    Designed to be competition ready out of the box

Specifications

Length:
    30 in (762mm)
    Beam:
    11 in (279mm)
    Motor Size:
    Dynamite Marine 1800Kv Water-Cooled Brushless
    Radio:
    Spektrum DX2E 2.4GHz Marine
    Speed Control:
    Dynamite Marine 80 water-cooled programmable with reverse
    Hull Material:
    Fiberglass Composite
    Prop Size:
    1.6 in x 2.5 in Stainless Steel
    Hull Type:
    Catamaran
    Battery:
    2-7.2V NiMH sub-C or 7.4 LiPo+30C (not included)
    Kit/RTR:
    RTR
    Drive System:
    Flexshaft/direct
    Minimum Age Recommendation:
    14 years

Really like the look of this Boat...The bright Red W/ white decals has a good "pop" to it.

Holy crap! sounds like a real hot rod boat! maybe a sparten killer!? How can i fool my wife into me geting one? I named my last boat after her ""StephaVee" maybe name it after my daughter?

i like the new blackjack, but theres something about the old blackjack 26 hull.. its just got that certain look kinda like a skater cat especially with tiquemans hatch.. this boat runs good and handles pretty good if you put different hardware on it and a little bit of custom stuff.. i think its like my ol 67 camaro(cat) versus a new vette(v bottom)... i can almost guarantee ill beat him in a drag race, but he'd probably whoop me in a road course... i just hate how they have 3 boats with the same hull now.. the only reason is $$$ and savin just a little bit more.. it does look pretty cool though i have to admit.
    Blackjack 26 custom, Thundercat 31, Rustler vxl, scx 10 blazer(mudder/trailer truck)

Cool

Actually having two different boats on the same hull makes a lot of sense. One is set up for the sport boater wanting good speed, decent run time and fun looks, the other for the racer favoring more speed and the looks to back it up. The old BlackJack26 had decent looks (love/hate) but these two new ones appeal to more people - and that's the name of the game in business. The hull design of the newer boats is well ahead of the BJ26 in performance without mods. But really, the BJ26 along with the SV27 opened up the world of fast, reliable RTR boats to today's consumer. Way to go.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Actually having two different boats on the same hull makes a lot of sense. One is set up for the sport boater wanting good speed, decent run time and fun looks, the other for the racer favoring more speed and the looks to back it up. The old BlackJack26 had decent looks (love/hate) but these two new ones appeal to more people - and that's the name of the game in business. The hull design of the newer boats is well ahead of the BJ26 in performance without mods. But really, the BJ26 along with the SV27 opened up the world of fast, reliable RTR boats to today's consumer. Way to go.

So true! if the hull works...use it! The paint on the new BJ is f-ing Bad! I will say, now that i got my BJ26 to ack right and got rid of that stupid stock hatch i love the way the old one looks! almost more beefy and cocky looking with the high bow and tall free board. However they dont help for speed or performance one bit. As a sport boater im happy with my "old" BJ26. Its like having a bad dog that you grew up with...you might have wanted to take it to the pound a few times but at the end of the day they both end up rolling over wanting you to rub there bellys...Ha..Ha..get it!

Man....I wish this was ready to buy now!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Man....I wish this was ready to buy now!
    It is finally for sale at horizon hobby's website and ebay. I will be ordering one in a couple of days!

We been running the new Blackjack 29 for a few weeks now...totally stock setup...running on 2 11.1v 5300mah 40c crc lipos...nice boat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZQmYMmJ3Sc