Thread: Some help with a propeller nut.

Default Some help with a propeller nut.

Hello everyone!
    Last weekend I took my brand new (used) EKOS for a little test drive.
    After a couples minutes of high-speed fun I noticed my boat was running a bit sluggish. I took it in for a check.
    It turns out I had not tighten-enough the flex cable of one of my engines, it came loose in the middle of a turn.
    So now my shaft, propeller, lug nut, and just about everything within the strut is resting peacefully at the bottom of a murky lake...
    I managed to find most of the parts online.
    BUT I have not been able to find a little nut that tightens the propeller. I've attached a picture of the part I'm referring to.
    Could anyone help me find it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

If I am correct, the original stock set-up is w/o the bullet nut, the seller must have up graded this, I don't understand why you need both the regular hex nut and the bullet. I think if you want to find a hex nut,this being a Venom product, they use metric system, it may be a M3 or M4 nylon lock nut---not hard to find. Be aware that if you are going to thread thru this nut, it will be difficult to tighten this lock nut---they are not meant to be used this way, if you only need this for spacing, use a regular nut, then use thread locker to secure the bullet nut, important---don't ask how i know!

Its 4mm. Use a "zuber" nut. Its a locknut, but without the plastic. They are supposed to be threaded through, its what "locks" the nut. Use a towel or rag to hold the prop and tighten the nut. If its not difficult to tighten, its defective or wore out...use a new nut. As for bullet nuts, dont use them unless you want to lose more props. They do nothing for performance and are for looks only. I dont care if you use Loktite, they will come off, costing you more money.

The locknut has been put on before the bullet to save loosing a prop as the bullets come undone. as been said you wont see any difference in performance using a bullet nut. Just use regular nylock or any other lock nuts.

Also go to a hobby shop and buy wheel collars with the proper inside dia. and setscrew . Slip that over the end of the shaft between the motor and stuffing tube and tighten set screw. Hard to loose a shaft with this setup.Prop is different story follow previous advise. We all have props and shafts in the bottom of our lakes too. SUX.
    Don't forget to put your brain in gear before you engage your mouth! Thanks Dad!