Thread: esc and motor on the Zelos 36" twin catamaran

Default esc and motor on the Zelos 36" twin catamaran

Hello fellow boaters,

I'm considering buying the Zelos 36" twin catamaran but I'm a little confused about the battery load that each individual motor and esc can take. Can each motor and esc on this boat handle 6s on each side of the boat or only 3s max. on each motor and esc. So I guess my questions is: What is the max. battery size each motor and esc can handle, is it 3s or 6s? I saw a you tube video showing this boat running on 12s, that is to say, 6s on each motor and esc. Is that possible with the electronics on this boat?

Thanks,
    Don

The ESC and motor on each side can take 6S. In it's simplest setup, you run 2 3S packs in series to get 6S voltage. Those packs are then fed to both ESC's with a parallel harness. The other common setup is 4 3S packs. Two packs wired in series for 6S voltage, per side. I doubt what you saw was 12S, likely two 6S packs, one per ESC. The problem with 6S packs is their size and the lack of room between the deck and tunnel where the battery trays are located.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Too many people saying "12s total"... What is it, 22.2volts or 44.4?... Two sets of 6s in parallel=6s2p..