Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Test Results

Quote Originally Posted by LiPo Power View Post
    Doby
    Could you post few pictures of your improvements inside of the boat?
    Thanks
    Robert
    Pics please

I cant get above 37.8 even w/ L45x68 and compete drive replacement,collet,thrust bearing,flex shaft.bushing,ect.. adjusted strut and still cant hit about 40. I am running boat on 5000 40 c packs. Both 2 s and just one 4s. Anyone have any ideas.using a garmin gps so I know its accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunky View Post
    I cant get above 37.8 even w/ L45x68 and compete drive replacement,collet,thrust bearing,flex shaft.bushing,ect.. adjusted strut and still cant hit about 40. I am running boat on 5000 40 c packs. Both 2 s and just one 4s. Anyone have any ideas.using a garmin gps so I know its accurate.
    Did you adjust the turn fins so they are not touching the water when you are going straight?

I wonder what the best battery combination would be? Two Grimracer 4200mah 2s packs or one 4s pack? Two Grimracer 5000mah 2s packs or one 4s pack? I am sure this hull will be more stable using the heavier 5000mah packs, but looser and faster with lighter 4200mah packs. I bet if you remove the battery tray and mount one 5000mah 4s pack lower in the center of hull would be just the ticket for good stabilty and fast speeds. Looser is faster so maybe one lighter weight Grimracer 4200mah 4s pack would be faster and stable (or on the ragged edge).

Cool Hull... i like the Red version or maybe the White version with factory decals removed. I will buy one of these (without raduio) when funds allow it.

Last edited by detox; 07-10-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunky View Post
    Loose is fast, but not too loose or you will be upside down. Loosen the hull up by adjusting stinger more upward maybe and shifting battery weight rearward. Sharpen prop better. Read instructions carefully and hunt for that perfect fast balance.
    Last edited by detox; 07-10-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NissanGTR View Post
    Did you adjust the turn fins so they are not touching the water when you are going straight?
    I have made every adjustment but that one, prop is very sharp, moved cg back, ect. I will try that as i did not think it would make that big of a difference. Thanks for the advice.
    Eric

Water conditions are very important. Calm water with a slight wind ripple on surface is fast water.

Quote Originally Posted by detox View Post
    Loose is fast, but not too loose or you will be upside down. Loosen the hull up by adjusting stinger more upward maybe and shifting battery weight rearward. Sharpen prop better. Read instructions carefully and hunt for that perfect fast balance.
    I have been running both . Just the one 4s. and then the two 2s. Both 5000mah 40c. garmin does not show difference in speed but the ride is alot looser. Now with the 5.5 bullets the packs are running cooler so i have been stacking the 2 s on top of each other. I like the balance better. I had tested the speeds when the water was pretty calm but not much ripples. Did not know tjhat would make a difference. Thanks

My hull is running very wet at stock settings even with batteries all the wat in the back of the trays.How can I get the nose up and get the hull riding on the back?

Quote Originally Posted by bdp1174 View Post
    My hull is running very wet at stock settings even with batteries all the wat in the back of the trays.How can I get the nose up and get the hull riding on the back?
    I found this well written review with a few good tips for starters:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1688045

Today I re-lubed the motor shaft, double checked the prop nut, made the adjustments on the rudder, pulled the turn fins up almost to midpoint, angled them back slightly, and adjusted the right outboard trim tab down about 3 degrees to counteract propeller trust pulling to the right (depending on your battery weight and CG you may need about more or less degrees). Today's 3rd run was a total sucess; I will keep it this way. I am runnung one GForce 40C 4S 5000mAh lipo witha weight of 493g(17.39oz). I hope this helps.

Cheers
    Last edited by gyrotron; 08-06-2012 at 11:54 AM.

UL-1 motor helped a little but not quit there

I run trekpower 7.4 6200mah 50c side by side n the middle about 1/2 inch from the back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12