Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Test Results

Default My Test Results

My tests.....

Stock Prop...no changes to any factory settings......35 Mph and running wet...temps in the 90's...handles well

Raised strut......38.7 Mph....temps in the 90's...handles well

X642...sharpend and cut.....42.8 Mhp....lifts the bow out of the water nicely.....temps in the 115 range ...handels nicely.....moved the turn fins up half way and still handled great...

Grim L45X68 ......44.8 Mph......temps in the 130's and chine walked quite a bit

M445.....sharpend and cut...46.5Mph....temps in the 130's, handles well....riding on the last 2 inches of the hull or so.....

All results after about 2 minutes of run time (more or less)

Like the temps and speed combo of the X642...sweet running boat with that prop.....easily get 4 minutes run time with 30% left in my 30C Turnigy 5800 LiPos.

Epoxied some supports to the hull and motor mounts as I thought the hull flexed a bit to much..

Put a bit more epoxy around the stuffing tube/ transom area.....

Well done Mikey

nice tests what kind of run times are u getting with the 445 and 642...if i get one i would need it to run off shore at 4 min minamum.....
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Wow nice results. Could you tell me is that with all the stock connectors, motor and esc. Just wondering if changing those would get temps down a bit, connectors that is.

Thanks,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by emac250r View Post
    Wow nice results. Could you tell me is that with all the stock connectors, motor and esc. Just wondering if changing those would get temps down a bit, connectors that is.

Thanks,
    Eric

All connectors changed to 5.5mm.

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    nice tests what kind of run times are u getting with the 445 and 642...if i get one i would need it to run off shore at 4 min minamum.....
    Quote me...."Like the temps and speed combo of the X642...sweet running boat with that prop.....easily get 4 minutes run time with 30% left in my 30C Turnigy 5800 LiPos."

I didn't use the M445 any more than for 2 runs to verify speeds and temps...didn't like the temp I was seeing. In cooler weather it might work well.

Remember...fastest doesn't always=finishing....

Good to hear. I had just bolted on a 642 to run next time out.
    Are you running strut neutral?
    About to put a ul1 motor in it to see how much of change the extra kv makes.
    white geico w/2200kv 3674 leopard 53.5mph 4s2p, geico w/ 1800kv outrunner 52mph on 4s2p, genesis w/2200kv castle 53.8 on 4s2p, impulse 31 w/2200kv castle, stock p1 and ul-1

Where were you running the batteries at in those runs?

Quote Originally Posted by bdp1174 View Post
    Where were you running the batteries at in those runs?
    All the way at the back of the trays, with a GPS in the front of the tray......

Quote Originally Posted by stadiumyamaha View Post
    Good to hear. I had just bolted on a 642 to run next time out.
    Are you running strut neutral?
    About to put a ul1 motor in it to see how much of change the extra kv makes.
    Strut was slightly angled upwards....not sure a UL-1 motor will be a good set up in this hull...there's a reason Mikey didn't go that way..

Nice info, how high did you raise the strut on the stcck 2nd run ?

Maybe you could take a picture of the struts position for us?

Quote Originally Posted by NissanGTR View Post
    Maybe you could take a picture of the struts position for us?
    As requested...height = 1/4"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your the man! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    My tests.....

Stock Prop...no changes to any factory settings......35 Mph and running wet...temps in the 90's...handles well

Raised strut......38.7 Mph....temps in the 90's...handles well

X642...sharpend and cut.....42.8 Mhp....lifts the bow out of the water nicely.....temps in the 115 range ...handels nicely.....moved the turn fins up half way and still handled great...

Grim L45X68 ......44.8 Mph......temps in the 130's and chine walked quite a bit

M445.....sharpend and cut...46.5Mph....temps in the 130's, handles well....riding on the last 2 inches of the hull or so.....

All results after about 2 minutes of run time (more or less)

Like the temps and speed combo of the X642...sweet running boat with that prop.....easily get 4 minutes run time with 30% left in my 30C Turnigy 5800 LiPos.

Epoxied some supports to the hull and motor mounts as I thought the hull flexed a bit to much..

Put a bit more epoxy around the stuffing tube/ transom area.....

Well done Mikey
    Thanks man!.. good test info!

Grim

What would you guys say the ideal temperature should be on the Motor/ESC?

Cooler the better...I prefer under 130 on everything on hot days and warm waters.....remember, it all depends on what you are setting up the boat for.....if you aren`t racing, then why worry about a few extra Mph as the stresses on the electronics aren`t worth it...if you are racing and want to push things, expect to pay the price eventually.

Im with Doby..

An FE power system (motor and controller) does not need to "get to temp" to fit the parts.

Cooler is better.

Grim

I figured that cooler would be better. What temperature would you say is HOT! 180 or above?

140+....

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    140+....
    Thanks Doby.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    Thanks man!.. good test info!

Grim
    Second that good testing. Results can be good like these or bad just write it down.....don't try and remember for later.
    I screwed up many times thinking Oh I can just remember HA.

Mike Caruso
    Last edited by Mike Caruso; 06-20-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Ran mine for about 3 minutes and 30 sec pretty much full throttle most of that time on 2 5300 gens ace 2s lipos stock settings with batteries at back and gps in front of tray.Top speed 34.5 mph but after run removed tape and checked temps with temp gun and temps around 120 on motor and 110-115 on esc.Ouside temp was about 80 degrees.Is that temp too hot?Was running a little wet.
    Ran my MC right after for about same time on another set of gens ace it has a shapened and balanced 42x55 prop and temps were about 105 to 110 on that one.
    Blew through the lines on the revolt and it is fine no clogs or anything.Just wondering if temps are ok?
    Also did the rudder mod too.Maybe because it ran so wet it made temps higher.Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

Brandon

Temps are fine.

Doby.....I already ordered a Grim L45x68. Do you think a guy could tune the chine walk out of it with this prop?

Attached Images Attached Images
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Im a guy and I did!.. I love that prop on this boat!

Grim

Quote Originally Posted by madness67203 View Post
    Doby.....I already ordered a Grim L45x68. Do you think a guy could tune the chine walk out of it with this prop?
    Having not tried too because of the temps I was getting, don't know for sure if you can......but apparently Mikey says so, so it must be
    do-able if you know something about props.

Mikey...what temps were you seeing with that prop?

Quote Originally Posted by bdp1174 View Post
    Ran mine for about 3 minutes and 30 sec pretty much full throttle most of that time on 2 5300 gens ace 2s lipos stock settings with batteries at back and gps in front of tray.Top speed 34.5 mph but after run removed tape and checked temps with temp gun and temps around 120 on motor and 110-115 on esc.Ouside temp was about 80 degrees.Is that temp too hot?Was running a little wet.
    Ran my MC right after for about same time on another set of gens ace it has a shapened and balanced 42x55 prop and temps were about 105 to 110 on that one.
    Blew through the lines on the revolt and it is fine no clogs or anything.Just wondering if temps are ok?
    Also did the rudder mod too.Maybe because it ran so wet it made temps higher.Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

Brandon
    Your motor temps are more than reasonable. I don't even worry about the motor unless I start to see something over 135 or so. I also would note that out of the box my hull runs wet "hull completely in the water" rather than the last 2 inches. When you are trying to get the highest gps speed then you want as little hull in the water as possible. When you are racing with other boats I want it running wet for stability which is the bigger concern rather than top gps speed.

I might also add those are two diffrent hulls. The mono hull takes more energy to push across the water than a cat hull. This results in more amps and thus heat. LOT's of variables in terms of prop, how much hull in the water etc. that also has a great effect on amps/heat.
    Last edited by electric; 06-22-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Ok thank you very much for the info.I appreciate all the help you guys offer here.

Doby
    Could you post few pictures of your improvements inside of the boat?
    Thanks
    Robert
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast