Thread: 4092 jackets

Default 4092 jackets

Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

For just a bit more flexibility, and a cleaner install, I removed the glued in water nipples, threaded the holes, and installed the high flow, adjustable angle water nipples I bought over at Kin----- ummmm, somewhere else.

The adjustable fittings have a larger inside diameter than the stock ones?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

A correction, and an apology;
    After personal research, and due diligence, which I should have done before spouting off, here is what I have found. The nibble which I thought was merely glued in, was indeed threaded. It will be difficult to remove the glue left on the aprox. 3 threads
    of the nipple without damaging them for re-use, but not impossible. The inside diameter of the stock nipple is 3.30mm, whereas the, "High Flo" is 2.80mm. Using a length of tubing, and blowing both air, and water through them, the stock nipple seems to have the advantage, also, the barbs on the stock nipple may grip tubing better.The variable angle, o-ring, and lock nut of the, "High Flo", does have it's plus's, However, great care should be given when installing these, for it would be easy to screw them in too deeply. I would highly suggest establishing the angle, and locking down BEFORE putting the jacket on your motor.
    I made assumptions based solely on product description, and name, and by doing so, may have misled. I should have known better, and for this I sincerely apologize to Mr. Steven Vaccaro, and OSE forum members.
    RUNZ, peace

HPNX0283.JPGHPNX0281.JPG