Thread: Revolt 30 - My first boat

Default Revolt 30 - My first boat

Been into R/C for a while now and just recently picked this up for my first boat. First run I had no issues, the second run went smooth until I inadvertently found the range limit on my TX. Ran it for the third time today and ran into a problem. I came off a wave and landed awkwardly, when I went to take off again I had no steering. After retrieving it with the rowboat I found the servo mount had come unglued from the boat. What type of adhesive would you recommend to reattach it? Also the center strap has torn through the battery tray(guess that's why grim wanted thicker material there), anyways, onto the pics.

Nice looking boat! Looks similiar to the Impulse 31...

For the servo issue I would use some that sticky tape that the onroad guy's use. I was thinking two part epoxy at first but you will never get it off if you did that...I'm really surprised that they did not use some type of wood formed for a mount. You could make a mount and epoxy it in there and then just screw the servo into the mount...

Epoxy. Definitely epoxy. You don't want that mount moving a bit!

Thanks for the quick responses, figured epoxy was the way to go, just wanted to make sure. There is a plastic mount that is separate from the servo, the whole thing came off the hull.