Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biggest piece of Crap ESC's ever..........Fightercat

YO MAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I handed a copy of the sheets you attached to one of your threads about what was e-mailed to you to my teenage daughter and I asked her
    what she read afterwards, her reply was" it says you must program the esc before you operate it." also, you admitted to NOT KNOWING how to
    adjust timing and ran it like it was. HHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I was considering the 300 or 400 amp esc until I saw the price for a 90 day warranty coverage.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by carlcisneros View Post
    YO MAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I handed a copy of the sheets you attached to one of your threads about what was e-mailed to you to my teenage daughter and I asked her
    what she read afterwards, her reply was" it says you must program the esc before you operate it." also, you admitted to NOT KNOWING how to
    adjust timing and ran it like it was. HHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Dude, what are you, Ben's PR guy? How does your teenage daughters comprehension skills have anything to do with my situation 1000 miles away from you?

I told you............I had NO programming box..................so i read the defaults and they all seemed in line, 5* timing is exactly 5 degrees away from the default of zero....................EVERYTHING else was within normal parameters. So as another member mentioned earlier, its ridiculous that a 5 degree difference would cause it to melt down.

So do you understand this time that I had NO program box, was not told I needed one and went off the defaults.

So do you understand this time that I had NO program box, was not told I needed one and went off the defaults.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

viola,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by carlcisneros View Post
    viola,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Great, then you understand
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

M-a-W,

Whatever ESC you end up getting for this boat, I would suggest doing a bench test with it before you run the boats. Any time I have a boat fry two ESCs back-to-back (It has happened), I get a little suspicious.
    I had a Feigao motor back in the day that cost me 3 ESCs before I was hip to what was going on (the motor seemed physically fine and was relatively new too, turned fine, ect.). It would be good to make sure somethinig is not going on with your motor before you risk melting another one of these inside the hull.

Hi Keith, I did fire it up at home. I calibrated the throttle range on 4s and spun it up which is fine on the bench at that voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley

Also, I think it's apparent that a couple people have it out for FC (Im not talking about OP, he's obviously mad about his expereince). I actually like Danny and think he is generally a great mod, but he gets very opinionated and biased whenever FC comes up. There seems to be some bad blood there. I'm not sure where it comes from but I think it's obvious to everyone but him.
    Show me the bias I posted in this thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post

PS - I recieved an email stating something of a refund to me from fightercat, if this is true and it gets to me then I will ask the mods to wipe this thread out completely.
    Hey this is great!!
    So why is this thread still active??
    C'mon guys. OSE is better than this
    Danny............
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Repeating myself...

"I got an idea. How about the OP and Ben take this to the side lines and make another attempt at resolving this? There are some obvious points to be made from both sides. But I do believe that they can arrive at a mutually beneficial solution if they come to some sort of agreement. The question here is are they willing to try to resolve this one more time? Perhaps, Ben can preprogram another ESC and the OP can report back the results?"
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Let's let the two parties involved resolve this issue. I think both want to come to an equitable settlement.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    Repeating myself...

"I got an idea. How about the OP and Ben take this to the side lines and make another attempt at resolving this? There are some obvious points to be made from both sides. But I do believe that they can arrive at a mutually beneficial solution if they come to some sort of agreement. The question here is are they willing to try to resolve this one more time? Perhaps, Ben can preprogram another ESC and the OP can report back the results?"
    Doms right. This needs to be handled offline. Beating each other up online is only making things worse. This thread needs to be closed.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12