Thread: how to unload a prop in turns

Default how to unload a prop in turns

I was running X640 on my lsh whip prop was good in the straights but seemed to bog in the turns.Would it be better to try and take some of the ear off like an M series prop or go with a bar cut?
    Thanks

M-series props have the tongue removed, the "ear" is the tip of the blade. Take the tongue off by all means, it does little good once the boat is on plane. Do you back off the throttle in the turns? All hydros will slow somewhat in the turns, particularly with limited motors. You may need to adjust the prop depth or angle to keep the stern up in turns. A different prop may work better also.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

My LSH whip (ul-1 power) did the same thing using the m445 (factory detunged). I tried the ABC 1816/3 briefly and unloading stopped. I did not do enough testing to check temps, but boat was fast.

Some people add a little cup to their m445 for good fast results. hebner is one forum member that has a fast LSH whip (fast in the turns also).
    Last edited by detox; 06-12-2012 at 01:12 PM.

This works..

Round the bottom and leading edge of the rudder to a radii. Place a dime on the rudder and file to shape. Sharpen and test.. If you want more use a nickel. and repeat.

Do you understand?

Grim

Like this one in picture. I wonder how this works?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sharpening the bottom of the rudder will give remove some lift of the rudder
    Rounding the leading edge of the rudder to a radi will make it react smoother on steering.

What Grim is saying about sharpening the bottom I could imagine that in the turns the rudder wont give so much lift
    and therefore the nose of the boat could stay up and the boat wont bog in the turns

Thanks guys for the input this gives me some ideas to try.When I ran the boat with the X640 motor temp was between 125-140 and the eagle tree said i had max amp draw 119.61 with an average of 76.87 on a 2 minute run.

The rudder trick definitely works! Try that first. It's a quick and simple solution.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    This works..

Round the bottom and leading edge of the rudder to a radii. Place a dime on the rudder and file to shape. Sharpen and test.. If you want more use a nickel. and repeat.

Do you understand?

Grim

Speed Secret just given away Folk's pay attention.....Grim learned the hard way, spending many days at the pond testing B4 any Eagle Tree Data Loggers!!!!
    Mike C.