Thread: Noob Owner Broke the Prop shaft Cable, Lost the Prop etc...Need Help

Default Noob Owner Broke the Prop shaft Cable, Lost the Prop etc...Need Help

Hi Guys... Love my new Mysitc...

Im new to RC boating....Here are some videos of mystic before the Prop Shaft cable broke away on me ...

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL58EEC6A6174F5FCA

Im running 2 x 5200mah Speedpack 50C Lipos 2S on Stock Everything.

The Prop Cable seems to have sheered off right about the middle (the nylon tubing is still there).... did I push the cable too far back up the motor collett and didnt leave enough room between the nylon ring & the busing on the prop strut assembly.... I read up that this is the primary cause of broken / busted prop cables?

I was lubing the Prop Cable with Pro boat grease after each run daily. I had also put some epoxy under and and around the motor mount ... i eyeballed the motor mount to make sure everything was lining up correctly

Can you guys please tell me if this upgraded shaft is ok to use (looks like everyone is out of stock) I would really like a pre cut one... i dont have the tools / skills to do this on my own.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...ose-mystic-cbl

and what kind of prop to pickup... i was hoping to pickup a pre balanced / sharpened prop?? but have no idea on which one to go with... Need some help in that dept.

Also need to pickup some nylon washers... but looks like horizon hobby is completely sold out.

get washers at your local ace hardware or such get a x642 prop and get kintec upgrade shaft just search kintec on google
    If it made no noise before broke i dont know the most common cause is seizing to the strut bushing get a lead teflon one or a 3 hole short from kinetic and replace the stock bushing before it happens again
    Miss Geico (now white) Leopard 4074 2200kv motor T180 esc,x642 54.6 mph
    Miss Geico 2(now black and white)4074 2000kv motor, T180 esc m445 51.2 mph
    FAT PEOPLE ARE HARD TO KIDNAP

Thanks for your Help i did as you instructed and i am up and running.