Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fightercat Cheetah - Red Bull Twin

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie-crawl View Post
    Nice video Bill,seems fairly stable on rough water
    Thanks ozzie. Chris does a nice job with the video camera. I ran it later in the day too on 5s with the 447's after my Falcon cat cracked a drive dog and I didn't want to pull the packs from it down at home. It got pretty much airborne for a ways in this one but still kept the yellow & white side down. It handles the offset offshore course really well too. (As long as the steering servo mount doesn't knock itself loose. Guess I'm going to have to use some cloth and glass it in)

http://youtu.be/tMSia833qV4

This one could have used some more zoom with the camera but one of our new members, Jeremy, shot this one.

i think the mean machine has met its match now that these cheetahs are up and running well..cannot wait to get mine going

nice job
    "FE" STANDS FOR FRUSTRATING EXPLOSIONS

Thanks Ripfence. I think this one still has some more speed left in it if I can get it trimmed to ride a little more nose up. Almost hate to mess with it though as right now it's handling the chop and turns really well. I let Chris inherit my old mean machine twin after building this one and on 5s it's only a few mph slower than this one on 6. It rides a lot more nose up and is more flighty though.

Just to update. Got some pretty good speed out of this one last Sunday at our test n tune. It doesn't turn as well spinning c/r 447's. In fact it doesn't turn at all with full throttle applied and 6s packs.

http://youtu.be/edX-hSkLwiA

I know of what you speak Bill.My shocker doesn't like to turn with the 5018/3's on it.Just too much "posi" action.

Looks good. Even when she hops over a wake she's stays flying level, good setup!
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

That sucker looks and sounds so cool!
    would it help in the turns to flip the props to spin the other direction you have now?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I originally started off with the props spining in (on the top) and it plowed like a John Deere tractor. It's kind of like srislash said with posi traction in the corners running the bigger props. It would still turn at full throttle on 6s with the 442's. The 447's give it about another 10 mph on top end but you have to back down to about 3/4 throttle to get it around a turn with them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12