Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NEW Pro Boat Impluse 31 RTR V2

Hey guy's... And Gal's.
    I just signed up, as I have been reading your posts, but unable to view any pictures of what was being discussed. I have a 2012 Stiletto and was looking for a fast deep v. Impulse 31 v2 really caught my eye as it looks the best out of the current runners. The upgraded esc and dynamic motor was a plus from the original version. I bought one yesterday and got a chance to work on it today. Changed the connectors to deans ultra plug, gonna run 2 x 11.1v (3s) onkyo 5000 x 35c. Lubed the shaft, Centered the balance point 9". Installed that pain of an antena. ( gonna switch the grommet for a hard mount anodized antena receiver hop up). Need silicone just to have it stand up. Anyways.
    Haven't run it yet. Maybe Thursday if not too windy. Look forward to seeing what the boat does with the batteries all the way up front.
    Ps. The steering servo wood bracket was ok on this one but I caught the antena for the dx2e was broke out of box at store. Switched immediately. Hobby hobby. Great store. Mississauga Ontario Canada Eh...
    Will post results when I can.
    Thanks for the things to look for when buying this boat. It has helped.
    Cheers.

Good luck with it. I love the impulse. It was my first boat. That thing is gonna be a blast. I still have it it just needs some love and care lol.

Does Anyone have any to say about the dual rudder kit available from horizon hobby for the Impulse 31 v2.
    Worth it or not. And why?

Quote Originally Posted by Filmgaffer View Post
    Does Anyone have any to say about the dual rudder kit available from horizon hobby for the Impulse 31 v2.
    Worth it or not. And why?
    I wouldn't, unless you are putting in a substantially more powerful power system... It corners great, but does double the rudder drag.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Bought one a few weeks ago

i use 5 s 4000 mah 40c ( i think 6s is to much for a 1800kv motor,just my opinion)

changed the prop to a graupner 40 mm 1.4 p
    changed the esc to a 120a seaking ( stock one is very heavy)
    still have to change the 4 mm lipo connectors to 5.5 mm because that's the only thing that is getting hot ( besides the lipo's)

so far : i like it , worth the money

Well I ran my new impulse 31 v2 today. Put 6s in and gave her a few rips. Bouncing like crazy out of the box basically. Brought it in and lifted the trim tabs 1/8" from bottom of hull as noted by another member and bent them down even with bottom of hull. Lowered drive shaft prop by 1/8th" and its glued to the water. 6s is fast for a short 15 seconds at a time but 4s is fun all day long.

Default Impulse31 v2

100_0269.jpg100_0270.jpg
    Can someone explain why? Impulse31 v2, is faster with the engine PRB 3310 A3630-1500kv (Old Miss GEICO), which, A3630-1800KV DYNM 3830. com The Same settings
    Manny
    Last edited by mannytx1; 05-01-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Could be the Dynamite 80amp ESC that is in the new Impulse31. The motor is the Dynamite 1800kv.
    By the way. 3rd run out on 6s I twisted the flex shaft in half. Make sure you have spares before you go anywhere.

hi, filmgaffer
    I use flex shaft miss geico
    I run only 5s (46-49mph) good speed for me and for my boat
    manny

Sorry your saying the 1500kv motor is faster than the 1800kv?

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    I wouldn't, unless you are putting in a substantially more powerful power system... It corners great, but does double the rudder drag.
    Now that I have it dialed in It corners great just as it is.

YES, 1500kv motor is faster than the 1800kv (no quality dynm motor, or no torque)

It could be a difference in the winding. 18 turn say as opposed to 22 turns on the 1800. Just a thought. 18 and 22 are just as an example not actual specs. Hard to find specs.

Specs from horizon say 1000-1999kv. Wow.

Horizon for something hiding the specifications of all products (Chinese toys)

Quote Originally Posted by mannytx1 View Post
    YES, 1500kv motor is faster than the 1800kv (no quality dynm motor, or no torque)
    Interesting observation:
    I have both the 1500kv ( Formula FASTech / MG V1) and the 1800kv ( Not the Dynamite brand, but the PB brand), I can tell you that with the same prop and same set of batteries the 1800kv IS FASTER. That's the reason I put the 1800kv in my FASTech. I have also a Dynamite 1800kv in my Miss Elam Hydro, but I did not do any comparison and by the feel of it, the motor was healthy. Like to know more about how you come to this conclusion.
    Last edited by tlandauer; 05-02-2013 at 04:01 AM.

May be the propeller size, use 45 mm, 5s battery

Quote Originally Posted by mannytx1 View Post
    I do not find this to be fact... Given the same prop, the 1800KV motor would be faster (Yes, the Dynamite brand motor)...

But, again, what do I know...

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    I do not find this to be fact... Given the same prop, the 1800KV motor would be faster (Yes, the Dynamite brand motor)...

But, again, what do I know...
    Now... that being said... the 1500KV motor CAN go as fast, but it takes more pitch to do it...

We run the 1800KV Dynamite with a 180amp esc on 6S and it is definately faster than the 1500KV on the same Prop...Like Darin stated "pitching up the prop" might get the 1500KV close to what the 1800KV does....might even give us less amperage draw...We like the dynamite 1800KV, its been holding up fairly well for us, considering running 6S and the wire impedance issues... DJ
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

project impulse31 v21.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg
    Is working better than the original design, I invite you to try
    Last edited by mannytx1; 05-17-2013 at 08:36 PM.

best of Proboat and AquaCraft
    1 (2).jpg2 (2).jpg3 (2).jpg

The hull revolt30 and impulse31 (29 ") are almost equal, the revolt is not separated from the water, is more stable
    I try revolt30, with electronics impulse31 v2 (5s and 6s) and it's amazing

Hi, Mike grimracer zaborowski
    I think there are serious problems with the design of the rudder, the water pickup hole is very high, need 1 inch below ( the water pickup hole should be no less than one inch below the keel) very small rudder, a minimum recommended length is 1 times the diameter of its support below Lx 15% 30”x15% = 4,5” minimum. (REVOLT 30 ONLY 4")
    thank you very much

Manny
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mannytx1; 05-26-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Texan Rocket. 6s
    100_0323.jpg
    Hull and hardware Revolt 30 (improved water cooling and hose ¼ x .170 O.D x I.D)
    ESC Dynamite (DYNM3820) Marine 80-amp (brushless water-cooled w/reverse)
    Motor Dynamite (DYNM3830) A3630-1800kv, 6-pole, water-cooled marine motor
    Connector 5,5mm
    Propeller. Octura x442--- X440/3.
    Battery 6s +40C
    Speed: Fast Electric Adict!
    manny

Taking my new impulse v2 our next weekend for the first run and im new to boats, does the shaft come pre greased or do i need to out of the box. would white lithium grease work. thanks

You should grease before every day's run (I grease every 4-5 runs), and after running for the day remove and clean the flex and let everything dry.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by hobby_man View Post
    yea blame it on china, I know all about China, im in the MFG. trade
    2. the rear servo screws are under the deck , tough to get an angled screw driver into them.
    3. a compression collet
    could not run it wide open so you math is off boat is factory set a 80% top end, with the bounce and the ESC programming card not working. IF it did run wide open it would have burned up the motor.
    Heat gun was at the dock with me and I was trying to get the boat set up when it died on the lake. Tough to do in 5 minutes

pro boat, not a word from them yet. Horizon says warranty is time of sale!

I have a Traxxas Spartan, UL-1, Revolt 30, they all ran out of the box, for a very long time!

My crap PB Impulse 31 V2 came just like yours servo backwards, rudder linkage was not even attached. Both wood servo holders were bit fastened.

There were two nicks on the hull cosmetic but still unacceptable for $400!

I have a Revolt 30 FE as my first oat and truly RTR no leaks of course double cheeked and Loctite all screws with blue removable and off she went. Just hate the cockpit is taped on makes it look really ghetto.

Traxxas I owned every surface vehicle they've had since the early 90s and all heavily modded...from chassis, arms, titanium links, cvd's, brushless power, lipos always, never ran the stock electronics and I have sold every single one. Traxxas I only trust on land not air and not water.

Seeing too many Spartan hulls snap at high speed abrupt maneuvers because the ABS plastic could not withstand the 6s power and the length of the craft. Or escs burning up and the boat in fire with dual 3s packs toasted.....

UL-1 perfect price, very nimble, great beginner boat....downside is the water has to be glass smooth as with any drag boat like that. That's why I never liked catamarans or tunnel hull designs...throw a 3-4s in there with a plastic hull once you're out on open water anything can happen at those speeds!

Quote Originally Posted by alexchen86 View Post
    My crap PB Impulse 31 V2 came just like yours servo backwards, rudder linkage was not even attached. Both wood servo holders were bit fastened.

There were two nicks on the hull cosmetic but still unacceptable for $400!
    Most people who are unhappy with a purchase return it and get a refund or a replacement.

I'm pretty certain that, in runs of 500+ units, a few are going to slip through that have issues, especially from China.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345