Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PB BlackJack 29

Quote Originally Posted by ruffdawg View Post
    Diesel you seem to be very knowledgeable about the FE stuff.im new at FEcoming from gas boats.would a pair of dinogy 2s 65c - 120c.burst packs be.too much for this ?.any advise on props would also be greatly apreciated

Thanks from a new FE guy..
    Those are fine. Higher the C the better.

The PB1800 doesn't have the torque of the PB1500 and this Hull doesn't like a lot of pitch so.

- Grim 40x52/3 or x440/3
    - Grim 42x55
    - x440
    - prather 215
    - x442

Some folks will say the x642, I didn't care for that Hull with that prop. Remember this is the same Hull as the mystic and mg.

Not sure how well the PB1800 will swing a m445, would be a nice prop for the hull. Just check temps often, a prather 220 same thing, check temps. ...

CF40, 42 and 45 will all work well also. Not as efficient as a metal prop, but cheap upgrades. The stock PB prop isn't that bad either, just sharpen and balance it. Its around the same specs as a prather 215 (if they're using the same stock prop they used in the past)

S3 iPhone killer via Tapatalk
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Guys, I just got a notice that my PB-BJ is shipped to me ! I pre-ordered it at the $399.00 price and was confirmed with the invoice e-mailed to me ! Can't wait to see what it looks like. Thanks "Diesel" for suggesting it as my next Cat !
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Those are fine. Higher the C the better.

The PB1800 doesn't have the torque of the PB1500 and this Hull doesn't like a lot of pitch so.

- Grim 40x52/3 or x440/3
    - Grim 42x55
    - x440
    - prather 215
    - x442
    I have had pretty good luck with the X440/3 on this setup. Of course, mine has been tweaked a bit, but it performs well on an offshore course and seems to really handle well.

The hull seems to perform better with smaller pitch-ratio props with good pitch. Too much blade area can cause it to grab a sponson and roll-over.

Lighter on the pitch and blade area and crank up the RPM and the boat seems to go very well...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Received my BJ29 yesterday and already started gutting the inside. I recently bought the OSE 1400kv and 180A ESC combo and installed that this morning. See before and after pics... That OSE Leopard 1400kv motor is huge and clear the hump in the sub-hatch with only a couple of millimeters to spare! I hope the puny Proboat motor-mount holds up...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354357700.936760.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1354357719.775581.jpg
    I intend to run this off 6S with the upgraded flex-shaft. Will start with stock prop (balanced) and try a X440 next...

I use the same prop and like it very much. Mine is D/T'd, do you think this is a good idea or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    I have had pretty good luck with the X440/3 on this setup. Of course, mine has been tweaked a bit, but it performs well on an offshore course and seems to really handle well.

The hull seems to perform better with smaller pitch-ratio props with good pitch. Too much blade area can cause it to grab a sponson and roll-over.

Lighter on the pitch and blade area and crank up the RPM and the boat seems to go very well...
    Nortavlag Bulc

I bought a PB Miss Geico29" V1 having a blast but just wrecked it on New years. My good friend has the PB BJ 29" running 3s 5000mah 35c w/ stock ss prop and can't get it to full speed. Any tips w/ that hull?

My BJ29 on 6S : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_x1...ature=youtu.be . I would not recommend running these FE boats in such a confined space...!

You must be using FPV goggle system correct? Excellent video!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lomdel View Post
    My BJ29 on 6S : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_x1...ature=youtu.be . I would not recommend running these FE boats in such a confined space...!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Nice Vid👍
    ProBoat 29 Blackjack stock & Miss Geico 29 (wrecked at the moment)

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    You must be using FPV goggle system correct? Excellent video!!
    No FPV, just a GoPro on a suction cup mount facing backwards. I were able to see it all the time. The GoPro's weight on the bow, smoothed her out a lot!

do you mean he is running with one 3s pack ???, if he is thats the problem not enough volts to power it minimum volts to run this boat at top speeds are 14.4 volts, so he needs either 2x2s packs or 1x4s pack.
    Socal Fe member, miss gieco castle 1515 1y t-180, blackjack29 stock,insane FE30 p sport castle 1515 1y t-180, insane FE30 p spec ul-1 motor t-120, insane 34"mono neu 1521 1.5d t-180

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFY_44 View Post
    do you mean he is running with one 3s pack ???, if he is thats the problem not enough volts to power it minimum volts to run this boat at top speeds are 14.4 volts, so he needs either 2x2s packs or 1x4s pack.
    No, he has plenty of power! I asked about that too in the other thread "Proboat Miss Geico, Blackjack29 RTR". He was running 2x3s batteries, so its really 6s (22.2V) with the BJ29 1800kv motor and esc, per the other thread.
    Last edited by bob_t; 01-06-2013 at 05:14 PM.

not a prob of power (2) 3s w/ stock BJ29 setup smokin fast if we can keep it from hoppin. Do you think blueprinting would help the bounce? It wants to flip backwards was thinking of trying some extra weight to the front still tinkering. I AM ADDICTED NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by scrillamil View Post
    not a prob of power (2) 3s w/ stock BJ29 setup smokin fast if we can keep it from hoppin. Do you think blueprinting would help the bounce? It wants to flip backwards was thinking of trying some extra weight to the front still tinkering. I AM ADDICTED NOW!
    See this thread: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...d-the-bouncing

Lots of good info.

Quote Originally Posted by lomdel View Post
    No FPV, just a GoPro on a suction cup mount facing backwards. I were able to see it all the time. The GoPro's weight on the bow, smoothed her out a lot!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357547190.053684.jpg

just ordered this boat im totally stoked!!!

These boats are awesome. I will post some vids tomorrow I have MG29v1 & MGv2. Plus a BJ29 we have been running 5s speed packs 50c a blast just have to watch running times. Bought 3 props to try today.

I saw your fleet... pretty BADASS!!! You have almost as many MG's as the official race team lol. Bring on the vids would love to see them.
    Last edited by Barrel Roll Joe; 02-07-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Duh im def a noob huh? so then the 3s will go on the port side?
    When in Doubt.... PUNCH IT OUT!!!

Here she is! definitely a neon redish orange color. IMG_0614.jpgIMG_0616.jpgIMG_0617.jpgIMG_0619.jpgIMG_0620.jpg

Cant wait for spring!!!!

Is that the hardware it comes with? I thought it had something different? Guess not... the Mystic hardware I thought was nicer.

Nice colour though
    Nortavlag Bulc

yea totally stock for now

The MGv2 w only stock 60a ESC has been running 5s awesome, surprised tweaking props but very happy I put the 3s on both sides so far. I put some plastic foam pcs in the front helped keep nose down. I will update vids of the BJ29 also on 5s. I hit a turtle w my MGv1 goin about 45-50. Thru it up in the air flipped somehow landed right side up, knocked the spacer on top of rudder and dented the bottom of it too. After filing down sharp again (still no spacer on top, it handles the best out of all of them???? Lol go figure

IMG_0819.jpgIMG_0818.jpgIMG_0824.jpgIMG_0825.jpgIMG_0827.jpg

Cant freakin wait for the lake to defrost!!! installed an OSE flex shaft and a S&B 42x55 Grim prop. made a better stand for it out of pvc for $20 and a cover to possibly help with fading. have a MG1 its about two years old and it faded pretty bad.

While you are waiting you have time to sharpen & balance that prop. If you do, the performance is much better.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Good luck with it,had mine since Sept 2012 and had nothing but fun times with it, I,m running same prop on 4s and when i added that prop flipped it twice,Good luck again

Does anybody know how i can match the BJ 29 paint color ????

I was thinking something for the MG I have a spare hull to repair ! Barrel Roll I love the skulls👍😜

Hey scrillamil

What is that cabin cruiser boat in your fleet ?
    Last edited by lenny; 02-23-2013 at 12:51 PM.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

Thanks for all the great tips guys. The flaming skull is from my local pep boys, its basically a chrome dipped piece of aluminum with adhesive tape. All of my toys get something added to make them unique

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast