Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PB BlackJack 29

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    I would go 4s or 5s for short burst. 5s2p would be a lot of weight in that hull. I would say 2s 5000mah 30c or 40c with matching 3s 5000 30 or 40c packs. Give you 4s and 5s combos... just me.

6s no comment...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    A 2S and 3S combo for 5S total would be uneven weight distribution, or how would you mount them...? I hear the weight argument of 5S2P. Should reconsider that then. First try 2x 2S in serie and if the speed is sufficient, stay there, otherwise try something for 5S. Putting in a different prop and a 180A ESC would enable 2x 3S for 6S for sure! Now we're talking...

Quote Originally Posted by lomdel View Post
    A 2S and 3S combo for 5S total would be uneven weight distribution, or how would you mount them...? I hear the weight argument of 5S2P. Should reconsider that then. First try 2x 2S in serie and if the speed is sufficient, stay there, otherwise try something for 5S. Putting in a different prop and a 180A ESC would enable 2x 3S for 6S for sure! Now we're talking...
    3s on the port side. The boat is going to neutrally want to lift that side out of the water due to torque roll. I ran 5s like that in my MG, no issues... same hull!

If you go 5s2p your going to want and prob need to remove the battery trays to get the weight low in the hull.

Weight CAN be your friend, depends on the application though.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Just showing my version of the BJ29, Really liked the font but, wanted my own style.

Canopy done, needs a second/third clear on main hull and some decals.

Letters & arrow all paint. Molotow Premium rattle can. no drips no dust gauranteed. Funky paint but, it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nortavlag Bulc

i just checked the proboat website . they change the release date to early October . i have been waiting for this boat for a long time , have to wait again ? what happen proboat ?

Quote Originally Posted by wpshen View Post
    i just checked the proboat website . they change the release date to early October . i have been waiting for this boat for a long time , have to wait again ? what happen proboat ?
    Summer will be over here in Michigan when these are finally available so not sure if I should write this year off. Is there another boat I should be looking at? Maybe a AuquaCraft Revolt 30?
    Last edited by Tom899; 07-29-2012 at 06:26 AM.

hi im new to this forum i have a blackjack 26ss bought it about a year ago and love it i have removed battery trays and tupperware lowered esc thrust bearing on the motor modified fins i also pulled motor apart and put ceramic bearings in it with a prather s220 and 2 3 cell 65c thunder powers i hit 56 mph on gps i have made about 20 runs with this setup and no fire yet the motor and esc get warm but not hot at all im looking at the new bj29 what speeds are you thinking on 6 cell sorry for the long first post just wanted to let you know what i have

how fast are you thinking the bj29 will on 6 cell

You'll fry the stock 1800kv motor on 6S except for a SAW pass. Try to keep the theoretical rpm range just below or on 30k ... She will be plenty fast on 6S but won't last long!

the proboat web site says 2s or 3s lipo

Quote Originally Posted by arp1500 View Post
    the proboat web site says 2s or 3s lipo
    Doesn't matter if it can take not or not. Just because it can handle the voltage doesn't mean the components and drive train will handle the amp spikes and the increase in rpms. Just ask the traxxas spartan guys about how well 6s worked for them in a 1800kv rtr. No place for 6s in a rtr boat and I've been active in voicing my discontent but I'm a nobody in this hobby so new guys will burn on 6s and come here and complain. Way of the world. They really should have went with the pb1500 kv motor. That on 6s gets a Diesel seal of approval!

Samsung Galaxy III via Tapatalk
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Not to mention with the right setup you can get that hull in to the 50s pretty easily on 4s2p. Just a motor swap away.
    6s= time bomb with stock gear.
    white geico w/2200kv 3674 leopard 53.5mph 4s2p, geico w/ 1800kv outrunner 52mph on 4s2p, genesis w/2200kv castle 53.8 on 4s2p, impulse 31 w/2200kv castle, stock p1 and ul-1

I only need enough battery time to mill and run 6 laps so im looking for good power and maybe 5 mins run tome, i was thinking of 50c 2s ? can i go with more c on this boat and what mah would you guys run just for racing... thanks

Any inside news on the release date, Darin?

Darin,

Will PB come up with an ARTR version of the BJ 29 w/o transmitter and receiver?

Any inside news on the release date, Darin?
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrotron View Post
    Darin,

Will PB come up with an ARTR version of the BJ 29 w/o transmitter and receiver?
    Sorry, Guys... I'm not really deeply into the loop on this one. Not sure what the delivery schedule is.

As for the ARTR version... I will ask.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Just showing my version of the BJ29, Really liked the font but, wanted my own style.

Canopy done, needs a second/third clear on main hull and some decals.

Letters & arrow all paint. Molotow Premium rattle can. no drips no dust gauranteed. Funky paint but, it works.
    Nice job man. Is that Ferrari red?

In my spec race setup I run 2s 5000mha 65c dinogy cells and its runs gd with just enough left in the cells even after 1 penalty lap on my miss G, I'm a big believer in running the highest C rated cells I can get my hands on and for the money these dinogy cells are great, have used thunderpowers and they are gd to but the prices are getting too much these days.
    Socal Fe member, miss gieco castle 1515 1y t-180, blackjack29 stock,insane FE30 p sport castle 1515 1y t-180, insane FE30 p spec ul-1 motor t-120, insane 34"mono neu 1521 1.5d t-180

Does anyone have any idea when this blackjack 29 will be on the market? Also what do you think the best battery set-up will be thanks

Mid October I hear
    Socal Fe member, miss gieco castle 1515 1y t-180, blackjack29 stock,insane FE30 p sport castle 1515 1y t-180, insane FE30 p spec ul-1 motor t-120, insane 34"mono neu 1521 1.5d t-180

Horizon's site says it's got a 2,5" prop. That can't be correct, can it? What size in terms of the Octura props would that equal, X642?
    I plan to upgrade it with the OSE 4074 1400kv and Seaking 180ESC RTI system with proper 6S packs.
    Would the OSE Miss Geico upgrade cable, fit this boat as well?

Same prop as Mystic. 1.6"Diameter x 2.5" of pitch.

Horizon's site says it's got a 2,5" prop. That can't be correct, can it? What size in terms of the Octura props would that equal, X642?
    I plan to upgrade it with the OSE 4074 1400kv and Seaking 180ESC RTI system with proper 6S packs.
    Would the OSE Miss Geico upgrade cable, fit this boat as well?
    It is VERY similar to a Prather 215> http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...i-prather-s215
    Nortavlag Bulc

Can you please explain the 2s = 70mph on a proboat 29". I can do 70+ with 6s, but I would really like to know how to do it on 2s. Motor & prop. thanks.

Hey it looks like we're in the same boat lol I also am waiting for my blackjack 29.I think I'm going to start off with2s 5500mah 60c I found some online for 50.00 apiece.This will be my first boat,is there anything that you might change right out of the box?

Where can I buy this boat??? What batteries are best for the application??? Please help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rpedro View Post
    Where can I buy this boat??? What batteries are best for the application??? Please help!!!
    Might be available in October

Before you spend money on lipos check out Performance rc lipos ,He is a member here and you will get a high quality -high performance 2s 65c that will work better in your boat for the same money,Just my suggesstion ...they are called dinogy...lots of the racers on here run them with no problems

Quote from ray#30 "I don't get the fascination with 6S. In the right hands this boat (modified) can do 70mph on 2S". Thats amazing, please tell ME how. The boat would sure be lighter in weight.
    Last edited by f1rogers; 09-28-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: quote #

Boat is in stock- just ordered mine. Horizon and Phil's hobbies has them- next day shipping!!

Let the 6s bombs begin...

S3 iPhone killer via Tapatalk
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Diesel you seem to be very knowledgeable about the FE stuff.im new at FEcoming from gas boats.would a pair of dinogy 2s 65c - 120c.burst packs be.too much for this ?.any advise on props would also be greatly apreciated

Thanks from a new FE guy..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast