Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PB BlackJack 29

Default PB BlackJack 29

Darin and the boys from PB strike again!

http://www.ProBoatmodels.com/Product...ProdId=PRB4150

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Thanks for heads up on this one Diesel. Looks to be the new hotness!
    Great....now i'll this one on my mind. Time to make room! Nice job on this Darin....again! ; )
    Ciao
    They call me DOUBLE D

You guys beat me to it!!

I have to give the credit to the guys running the show back at Pro Boat in Ill. They came up with all of the branding, etc.

I worked with them on the new ESC, which is fantastic. Larger 12 gauge wire, 4mm contacts, lipo/nimh switch, 80A, and 6S compatible... I tested one again this weekend in my Miss Geico and was very impressed. Startup is smoother, as is the throttle curve.

Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I should also add that the rudder hardware has been updated as well. This is designed as I had originally submitted the drawings for the Mystic!

The rudder bracket is now a separate piece that bolts to the strut, and leaves the steering servo on the inboard of the hull, leaving room in the battery tray for placing the batteries all the way back if desired. This also puts the steering horn on the rudder in the correct relationship to the steering pivot, giving a more linear rudder movement and equal travel both directions.

This hardware is a direct bolt-on to the Miss Geico. It can be fitted to a Mystic as well, but you'd have to relocate the pushrod hole.

PLEASE NOTE: I would not recommend being barefoot in the water around a running boat.

This must of slipped:

boat.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
    This must of slipped:

boat.jpg
    Hmmmmm... Maybe!?

If they went BL... I haven't heard about it! Doesn't mean something like that hasn't been discussed, however... :D

Quote Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
    This must of slipped:

boat.jpg
    It's already been corrected...

Darin you and PB have raised the bar and set the standards very VERY high over the last few years! It seemed like once the MG dropped all hell broke loose and PB into over-drive,hitting homerun after homerun with the last handful of releases and now this and the Impulse 31 V2 (http://www.proboatmodels.com/Product...rodId=PRB4250B) becoming available it seems you guys aren't laying off the throttle anytime soon. Much respect to you and the PB team Darin!
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

These are some beautiful additions to the Proboat line up for sure! RTR's have really made some incredible strides in the last 2 years. I am still waiting for Proboat to offer a MIss Geico twin!

What ProBoat has done is really pretty simple and yet AuguaCraft should be shaking in their boots. ProBoat already had a better quality product, they already had better looking products. And now by simply switching up paint schemes and the internals of three hulls they now have 6 different RTR race boats to choose from. It should definitely draw some new people into the hobby. Now they just need to make some bigger hulls.

Only thing i see wrong is the timing, looks like the release dates are near the end of summer, and as it seems the norm in r/c those dates usually get pushed back, so possibly winter time? No biggie for us in Florida. Although they would make some great gifts under christmas trees.

Quote Originally Posted by POWERS View Post
    What ProBoat has done is really pretty simple and yet AuguaCraft should be shaking in their boots. ProBoat already had a better quality product, they already had better looking products. And now by simply switching up paint schemes and the internals of three hulls they now have 6 different RTR race boats to choose from. It should definitely draw some new people into the hobby. Now they just need to make some bigger hulls.

Only thing i see wrong is the timing, looks like the release dates are near the end of summer, and as it seems the norm in r/c those dates usually get pushed back, so possibly winter time? No biggie for us in Florida. Although they would make some great gifts under christmas trees.
    The release dates are kind of a bummer for me as well. I live in Minnesocold so my racing season is short to begin with. It would be fantastic if Proboat offered a 36" MissGeico catamaran twin in the future - I would snatch one up in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    I should also add that the rudder hardware has been updated as well. This is designed as I had originally submitted the drawings for the Mystic!

The rudder bracket is now a separate piece that bolts to the strut, and leaves the steering servo on the inboard of the hull, leaving room in the battery tray for placing the batteries all the way back if desired. This also puts the steering horn on the rudder in the correct relationship to the steering pivot, giving a more linear rudder movement and equal travel both directions.

This hardware is a direct bolt-on to the Miss Geico. It can be fitted to a Mystic as well, but you'd have to relocate the pushrod hole.

Does the new hardware design feature break-away rudder?

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Darin, I just painted my Miss Geico red.

Can I get a set of decals to deck it out like the new version here?

Might buy that hardware too.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Why does it say in parts that hull is orange?? Looks red to me...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post

PLEASE NOTE: I would not recommend being barefoot in the water around a running boat.
    I found this out the hard way!....Why is the water all red?...I guess its not as deep as i thought! Those dang turnfins...why are they so sharp!

whats top speed with 2 2s lipos

I just ordered a "Blackjack 29". What batteries should I get? I guess what I'm asking is what is the largest physically that would fit. I know some 3s are larger. I want to buy some batteries ahead of time before the boat comes in and want to make sure they will fit.
    Last edited by Tom899; 07-13-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Ok, still looking for advice. I have a Hitec X2-400 charger and power supply ordered and would like to start purchasing batteries. Do all of you mostly run soft packs? It looks like the GenAce batteries are pretty good? I don't know if I should get 2s or 3s? 5000 or 5300mah? 40c 50c 60c? I've been reading a lot about these batteries and what the specs and ratings mean but would still like your advice for what would be a good match for the new Blackjack 29. I will be fine running in the 40mph range, and would like long runs more than anything.
    Thanks,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom899 View Post
    I just ordered a "Blackjack 29". What batteries should I get? I guess what I'm asking is what is the largest physically that would fit. I know some 3s are larger. I want to buy some batteries ahead of time before the boat comes in and want to make sure they will fit.
    Last edited by Tom899; 07-14-2012 at 08:52 PM.

I'm in as a newbie along with Tom. Looking for the same advice, info, etc. from the "pros"!

Thanks.

EdW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom899 View Post
    Ok, still looking for advice. I have a Hitec X2-400 charger and power supply ordered and would like to start purchasing batteries. Do all of you mostly run soft packs? It looks like the GenAce batteries are pretty good? I don't know if I should get 2s or 3s? 5000 or 5300mah? 40c 50c 60c? I've been reading a lot about these batteries and what the specs and ratings mean but would still like your advice for what would be a good match for the new Blackjack 29. I will be fine running in the 40mph range, and would like long runs more than anything.
    Thanks,
    Tom
    What would you consider long run times? You ate prob looking at 8mins tops and that's prob being generous. What ever packs you go for get the highest c rating you can find as this will give you a little more speed, cooler packs and longer pack life.

Quote Originally Posted by jamespl View Post
    What would you consider long run times? You ate prob looking at 8mins tops and that's prob being generous. What ever packs you go for get the highest c rating you can find as this will give you a little more speed, cooler packs and longer pack life.
    Thanks for the information. I'm thinking anything over 10 minutes would be long? I'll look for high mah and high c ratings.

My dad runs gens ace 4 cell in his buggy and he loves the pack

Darin: In your post above re the new ESC in the Blackjack 29, were you running 4S or 6S with the new ESC? Series or parallel?

It was a mamba max setup. For a 1/8 buggy

For this boat, i would go with 2x 5S packs in parallel. It will give you a theoretical 33,300rpm rating and long run-time. If only the ESC will hold up to it. If the batts C-rating is high enough (40+), it should be fine. 6S will be a bit much, I assume... A 120A ESC upgrade will probably be on the cards sooner or later... When will this boat be released?
    I second the suggestion of a 36" twin Miss Geico cat!!

I would go 4s or 5s for short burst. 5s2p would be a lot of weight in that hull. I would say 2s 5000mah 30c or 40c with matching 3s 5000 30 or 40c packs. Give you 4s and 5s combos... just me.

6s no comment...

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Does this have the same hull as the Miss geico?

I don't get the fascination with 6S. In the right hands this boat (modified) can do 70mph on 2S. the heavier you go, the slower it accelerates & decelerates.

The heavier you go, more amps too, specially 2P. Unless you plan on running really high C rated 3300 cells or something???

Almost done painting my Mrs.G red with me own graphics ala BJ29 style...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast