Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hpr 06 / 115 build

Awesome build and I love the silver red bull theme! I've wanted to do something red bull for a while but never got to it.
    Looking forward to following along on this one

I think it should look real good as well ( I hope I do the vinyl ok as I was always horrible with stickers / decals ) that's probably the hardest thing for me lol. Shawn did you start a build thread for your fc hull

When times you will laugh how easy it is it's all about the approach you won't have any problems with the deck part
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg81983 View Post
    I think it should look real good as well ( I hope I do the vinyl ok as I was always horrible with stickers / decals ) that's probably the hardest thing for me lol. Shawn did you start a build thread for your fc hull
    Yup, here it is Chris https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...hawn-s-Shocker

Hey guy so more of my parts got here yesterday just waiting on the lehners still. I also got my graphics from Kent and I must say they are amazing. Question for you guys that have ordered lehner before : how long did it take to receive them as its been 5 weeks for me and they still haven't shipped I just don't want my 45 day paypal coverage to expire and the motors not even be shipped yet. So any info will be great Thanks

Here are some pics I am really liking these motor collet's no need for a flat on the motor shaft it's pretty cool how they work
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chrisg81983; 07-04-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Modellbaupirat couplers, Nice!! I'm using the same on my build, They look great! Im in the same boat, Still waiting for motors and parts from Europe, At this pace the build won't get done till winter...
    [

Liteumup what ru building and ru waiting for lehner as well
    yes these couplers are the nicest and truest I ever saw

Cool parts Chris! Glad to see the graphics got there ok, what you did there laying them flat is exactly what you are suppose to do. Keep them like that until you apply. Those couplers come in left and right by the way?
    Last edited by nata2run; 07-04-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Something I couldn't understand myself.
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook

Kent I don't know if they come l & r as I just ordered two of the ones I needed. They are so true its amazing and very light

Thay are aluminium, hopefully they don't throw blades LOL...... Sorry that's another chapter....

Hello Chris,

well there is no need for a coupler to be either L or R, they just don't care about the direction they are spinning. The only thing thats sad about these, that they don't come for 10mm motors shafts. So no chance to get this style for the LMT 30's series. But for almost everything else they are very fine and worth the money.

Are you also fine with the CF parts you got, especially the lipo mounts?

regards,
    Manuel

Those mounts look like mine LOL. or is it mine looking like them LOL....either way COOL.

@Manuel "When you say a coupler" I refer that to any. "sorry if I'm too precise here" All the times I have lost shafts, is due to right hand rotating giving up, coming loose, with the flex saver installed I dont loose shafts anymore but they still can come loose. Unless those Alu ones has a better grip due to softer material. I have on purpose used pliers to damage the thread on my couplers so it acts like a thread lock.

Hey Manuel I am very happy with the cf parts they are machined very nicely and the lipo mounts are just awesome. I can't wait to get this thing really going just need the motors as I have everything else. Manuel did you get to read that email I sent you by any chance Kent I never had a coupler come loose on any of my twin setups due to spinning right and left maybe I been lucky who knows

@ Kent:
    I think the problem you really have is a little different as I already featured it as well. The problem are not the couplers, the problem is that its almost impossible to get L+R flex shafts which are absolutely identical. Take an exact gauge, in most cases the right hand one is always a little thinner in diameter. With many couplers no big deal if the gap is not too big but it can cause troubles.

So maybe check your shafts, it can really help to tin/silver solder just the tip of the shaft which comes into the coupler.

@ Chris: Sury, I read all of your emails. Will see what I can do.

regards,
    Manuel

Yep the shafts had been soldered, and that coursed a bit of smoke after slipping. Never mind it hasent happen alot, I just though Id ask :) since we are promoting all the nice gear.

Quote Originally Posted by ManuelW View Post
    @ Kent:I think the problem you really have is a little different as I already featured it as well. The problem are not the couplers, the problem is that its almost impossible to get L+R flex shafts which are absolutely identical. Take an exact gauge, in most cases the right hand one is always a little thinner in diameter. With many couplers no big deal if the gap is not too big but it can cause troubles.So maybe check your shafts, it can really help to tin/silver solder just the tip of the shaft which comes into the coupler.@ Chris: Sury, I read all of your emails. Will see what I can do.regards,Manuel
    manuel I feel bad for you i wouldn't want to read all of my email as there are a lot of them lol but thank you I appreciate your help As always

Kent I always solder the last 3/4 of an inch of the flex that goes into the collet and never had one come loose the only way I lost a flex was due to breaking somewhere after the collet but that's it

Now, I haven't told you guys that me and Murphy's law are best budies. SO, regardless what you guys do, I will always tell you it happend to me. Not because I'm doing something wrong "of cause" but because Murphy and I have a life lasting friendship!! LOL .....just ask me about that time...nah won't go there LOL

Um i hear that kent but I thought me and Murphy were best friends lol

Well, you thought wrong then!
    sorry buddy Murphy is mine LOL

Liteumup what ru building and ru waiting for lehner as well
    yes these couplers are the nicest and truest I ever saw
    Im building a HPR135, I have a build thread started, I wanted to run the Lehner 3040"s but I already have a pair of 2215 Nue's, They are old, so I did the trade in
    with NEU and I'm waiting on the 2220"s to be made, I shipped out both of the 40-160"s schulze speed controls back to Germany to have more caps put on, So for know just waiting for parts, I think I will start to build my Syncron in the mean time...
    Paul
    [

Sounds like a nice setup Paul..... 50"+ cats sure are something special

Paul sounds real cool are you going to start a build thread on i. I was real close to running neu's in my hpr but I was convinced by some to try the lehner. Soon I am going to buy a 135 as well probably for a winter build. Keep me/us posted with progres. Chris g

Yeah Kent make feel like the guy/ugly duckling here with the not so special cat ( meaning me ) lol 50 + cats run amazing

Yeah Kent make feel like the guy/ugly duckling here with the not so special cat ( meaning me ) lol 50 + cats run amazing
    Don't worry Chris,I'll stay in the lower ranks with ya brother.

Chris, dont be sad. I'm sure you will join the "very fast" club :) then after a while you may skip the 50+ and go striaght into the 70+

Thanks shawn
    Kent I had several 50 plus boats they are fun...... For some reason I always wanted a hpr 115

Hehe, I hear ya with the HPR!! My 114 was great fun, but the 138 its just WOW I really wanted a HPR 135, but it turned out to cost a lot to ship and I got an awsome deal from MHZ. I also think its a bit easier to put together the MHZ hull/hardware (I could be wrong here). I would still would love a HPR 135 "just for the sport of it" maybe one day soon I will. Its a special community for those who own a HPR, so you have definetly made the right choice. Your also gonna have a "pimped" one by the way with all the trimmings!! not just any! Trust me, it wont disapoint!

Hpr or MHZ both are awesome hulls in my opinion

Well i can say one thing about HPR'S.
    Take the hull and put it on a straight bench (from a mill or granite bench).
    Then you will undertund what you bought.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast