Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hpr 06 / 115 build

I just added the cf plate to the standoff for rudder

2 thumbsup!

Looks good buddy. Planing to run my little mystic in the morning...
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

Kent u got a pm

Hello Guys,

just want to chime in this thread. So far everythings looks great and very well done - no need to correct something.

For the teflon-discussion: I'm a huge fan of Teflon and can't imagine running a fast electric boat without teflon liner. That doesn't mean that I think it won't work without teflon liner - lots of guys do it and it works - just I would not do it.

And for the templates: Well almost impossible as everybody likes a little different position. Some try to get the drives as close to the tunnel as possible - I'm not a huge fan of that idea. I prefer to do it like Chris did, with a gap around 4-5mm on the HPR 06. But I try to keep the gap to the bottom as small as possible, maybe even 1mm lower than what Chris did (this needs some grinding work on the inner brass nut for a good fit). So as you see there are several different ways, and all of them work. And so far no real comparison if it is just personal favour or really has influence on performance.

regards,
    Manuel

Looking really good Chris. I can't wait to get my HPR C5009, only problem is I'm not confident enough to build the boat myself so I will have to find someone to do this for me. Our maybe you or someone else reading this could recommend and point me in the direction to someone who would be willing to build the boat for me.

Joshua

Bracka69 thanks ! If you are getting the hull from Manuel I would speak to him about possibly building it. There are several people that I would recomend to build a boat. Let me know what happens.

Thanks Chris I will do that.

Joshua

Hey guys I haven't got much done due to lack of parts. I did speak to lmt and motors will ship out early this week. Then Manuel said he is waiting for my parts from hanspeter, and he should ship next Monday. For now I did manage to get the hatch botls installed. At the moment there are four 4mm countersunk bolts, but will be adding two more to it. Where the bolts go throught the hatch I layer some 4 mm thick cf plate into the middle of the epoxy to add some strength. Here are some pictures of the progress.
    Dnt mind the one big picture tap talk always does something crazy for me
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339944717.673992.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339944743.752985.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339944785.220367.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339944825.228632.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339944846.187780.jpg
    Last edited by Chrisg81983; 06-17-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Looking good Chris.... Should be a sweet boat when done.
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook

Looking good Chris, can't wait to see this thing on the water. Hopefully I will order my HPR C5009 in a few weeks.

Thanks guys
    @ Kent did u get the emails I sent you
    @ bracka69 that sounds awesome you will love the hulls there are real fun to work on

Chris got all your emails, lots of stuff to sort out. Will email you in the morning.... Getting late here (in bed with the iPad LOL slowly dosing off)

Oh also some graphics that Kent is working on for me. All looks perfect, I just would like to change we're the sponsons are. here are some pics and one of the way it should look when complete in blue and silver. I am liking the silver.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339946994.017965.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339946860.616756.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339947022.646289.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339947042.533879.jpg

WOW...... That looks awesome. I want to do either the Bud Light or JBS Racing for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post
    Chris got all your emails, lots of stuff to sort out. Will email you in the morning.... Getting late here (in bed with the iPad LOL slowly dosing off)
    Kent that's cool I forget the time zone thing.... I know all about the IPad routine I do it every night.

Looking good, What type of water pickups are you going to use

Not sure for water pickups most likely just the aluminum/brass tubing in bottom of sponson. I have used this method many times and it works great. What do u think ?

Hi Chris,

for the area with the hatch lock system. Will work as you did it but won't add mutch strength. I'd have cut out little triangles of CF or GFK sheet, glue them with some thickened epoxy into each corner and then put 1-2 layers of weave above it (same triangle shape but bigger in dimensions).

The RedBull graphics look pretty awesome.

Water Pickups: I'd also go with a brass/aluminium tube, something with 4mm OD and 3.2mm ID should work fine.

regards,
    Manuel

Hey Manuel how are you ? Inlayed a 4 mm thick cf plate in the middle of the epoxy when pouring it should I go over it with some cf matting or something. Thanks form your help

Okay, when there is already some CF sheet inside it is fine. Just from the pictures I was guessing it was just pure epoxy which is not as good as it could be.

regards,
    Manuel

Sorry about the misleading info I forgot to say that I added the cf plate. I did the hatch bolts a week or so ago and forgot to update the thread until today.

I would go with the brass tube as well, The square one's look ok, but cutting that small square hole out for them to fit. Round hole, a little epoxy.... call it done

I cut out the square on my small cat "sorry Chris its now my small cat" used a dremel and then files. Took me forever but the result was WOW. I would do it again any day and now regret I didnt do it on my new cat. If you install a factory pickup, you know its going to work and give you maximum cooling.

Ok well while I am waiting for the rest of my parts I figured i would do my starting set of props.
    Tonight I thinned, sharpened, detongued, balanced,and polished a set of counter rotating x447's.

well here they are

Oh and thanks for all the tips with the cooling system guys. I have decided to go with somewhere around a 4 mm brass tube mounted on the ride pad. I rather drill a tiny round hole than a big square hole. Thats unless I can borrow a square drill bit from someone because I have yet to find one lol.

Looks good Chris!! just that much closer to the 100mph mark.......LOL

Thanks Kent ! I just can't wait to actually really start building it.

Ok so I called yesterday to see what's going on with my order. He stated that it will most likely ship Monday or Tuesday the latest. They were just waiting on the rear ring supports for the motors to be powder coated. Then my final order from Manuel will ship soon after. He just needed to get another sled for the lipos trays made up as they ran out at the moment. Kent will be shipping the vinyl any day mow as it's all printed out. I must say he did a great job with it. Hopefully this build will really get moving soon. Sorry for the delay guys.

That is going to look great Chris.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast