Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ***mmeu p shootout moves to north oakland elks lodge***

Default ***mmeu p shootout moves to north oakland elks lodge***

Response has been very positive to this move. There was some apprehension but nothing earth shaking or beyond our abilities.

We'll be getting new fliers together with the location, additional classes, and details. The dates are all the same.

Our orignal plan was to run the following classes in the 3 heats Saturday/ 2 heats Sunday format:
    P Limited Sport
    P Limited Hydro
    P Limited Offshore
    P Limited Mono
    P Limited OPC
    MMEU Stock SV27
    Q Sport

For you travellers we're adding some classes to make it more worth your travel bucks.

Additional classes
    P mono
    1/8 scale
    Open mono
    Open Cat.

Bring out your big boats.

The Elks are talking about available breakfast/lunch/dinner. They've even tossed around the possibility of entertainment after racing. Maybe a bonfire
    or even a live band. Holy smokes. We're just getting into logistics with them. Stay tuned.

Guys, we need your help. We really really want to foster this relationship. A good turnout will help to do that. This could turn into the premier race destination in the Midwest. That benefits all of us. If you can find a way to fit this race into your schedule please try to work it out. If there is something we can do that would help sway your decision to attend please let us know.

I'll be posting something like this everywhere.

Holy Smokes!

WOW..

The MMEU is ON!

Grimracer

I know. It seems to be panning out about as cool as it reads too.

I think I have Mad Mike PAGS convinced. Big boat super freak. I'm hoping to hear from our Candian freinds too. There are a number of big boat guys up there that own P limited boats too.

Our focus is still on P limited classes but our dream (maybe just mine) is to bring back the spectacle that was Michigan Cup racing. Something for everyone to race but also a chance to showcase the guys that are truly out of their minds. I mean that in the best way of course. This venue IMO is the first step toward that end.

Maybe I should have been a circus promoter or something.

So ahhhhhh......what have you got going on August 17th Mike? What about you Darin? Not to work for us either. We'll do the heavy lifting for this gig. Sure would be cool to get the P limited pioneers in for the P Shootout. Think about it. A long weekend, racing, acting a fool. Perhaps an adult beverage in the evenings. You know you want to.

OH How about a ProBoat vs Aquacraft grudge match!?!?

So when and where is this........??

Here she be. I think I have it now. I'm attachment challenged.

2012 MMEU P Shootout.pdf

John, I was also working on Paganelli to get him to your race in July. Not sure if he's in yet or not. Still gathering the troops from our gang too. Should be able to yap about that at practice tonight. I'll try to post everyones classes I'm sure of on your race thread soon.

......um tangent. You guys need to make a run for the border in August.

Ummmm........it looks like Chris, Daniel and myself will be.....

Cool. In for Open mono for sure. Hey don't forget the Ohio race too. 15th and 16th of September. I'm going to model the classes after the P Shootout. Why mess with success. Looking for big boats too. Open classes with the gas and nitro guys.

Howard, I'm trying to finish my Q rigger for your race. I've bitten off a huge gob of work for myself though so who knows what I'll be able to get done. I didn't forget about ya Howard. I even mentioned your gig it to PAGS. I also sent him a note today with all three of Londons dates. Can you feel the love toniiiiiight. I have not been drinking by the way.

It's time for us to stop screwing around and start building racing again in the Midwest.

I may have stumbled into a hicup on my end. Give me a few days to make absolutely sure I haven't screwed the whole thing up. IN my excitement I skipped an important step. I'm still very confident that this is THE site but I don't want any surprises last minute.

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ............(insert snoring sounds here)......

hehehe Elks are supposed to meet tomorrow evening. Should have confirmation soon.

I should have mentioned. We're having a P shootout with or without the Elks. Just might not be able to run the big stuff if something goes south. Not too worried though. Waiting on paperwork basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ............(insert snoring sounds here)......

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Sorry John. Still kicking the bushes. One hurdle over. One to go.

Gotta get the new flier ditributed but so you guys all know. We're a go for take off at the Elks pond. All of the residents are on board. They'll likely be at the Elks lodge to watch the action too.

Headed to London in the morning so I'll get back on this as soon as I kin.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Gotta get the new flier ditributed but so you guys all know. We're a go for take off at the Elks pond. All of the residents are on board. They'll likely be at the Elks lodge to watch the action too.

Headed to London in the morning so I'll get back on this as soon as I kin.
    Looks like a Michigan Cup is next in 2013? I'd love to make the trip back. This time with a couple of extra racers.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I like the sound of that. To that end we just need to not embarrass ourselves at this gig and we may have a killer site for years to come. I've been spending some time with the Elks guys. Painting and some building maintenance stuff. Best I can tell they're just as goofy as we are so I'm pretty optimistic for the future here. These guys aren't just allowing us to use their pond. They're helping us along. Last week they treated for weeds just to be sure. That's one of three treatments before our race.

Don't get me wong. Still work to do to make this a premier site but the potential is beyond any site I've worked on.

Steve, grab a tent, pile the boys into the car and come play with us next month. For that matter, I probably have an extra tent.

Hotels Nearby?????

John, you were missed at the Lights.

Here's what I came up with for hotels.

Closest motel (11 miles)
    $65 starting
    www.spartanmotel.com

Next closest (12 miles)
    Is also the most expensive
    $189 starting
    www.royalparkhotel.com

Midpriced (15 miles)
    $90 starting
    www.concordeinn.com

Budget hotel (15 miles)
    www.redroof.com
    $52 starting
    The Redroof you would be looking for is 2580 Crooks Road, Rochester Hills, MI

You can also do your own search on Google if you would prefer. The lodge address is 3100 Pond Road, Leonard, MI. I suspect there are closer hotels maybe in Lake Orion but the hotels above are a pretty straight shot from the lodge to the hotel.

Thanks for the info Terry, looking forward to the race....

I was informed by the wifey that I was told long ago, and apparently I knew but forgot, (and pleading ignorance didn't seem to work either) that my inlaws were down this weekend...so the Northernlights Race was cancelled for me....sucks as the weather was great! But your dates have been approved and marked on the calander.

Got a list of attendees yet?

Nope just you. haha Still bugg'n the cheese eaters. Those guys are a lot of fun too. Sounded like Jack and Brian were coming from across the border too.

Our P shootout race was typically a little bit smaller. Trying to make it a big ole race on such short notice is tough with guys having planned out their whole summers already..........or should I say with their wives having planned out there whole summer already. So we're expecting mid 20's this time around. Next year we're hoping to go all fat and nasty like old times.

We're going to use the registration site that the Northern Lights guys used. I really liked that. Makes transfering to our software a snap too. Fred likes that. We'll have that up shortly. I'm concerned about some of the big boat classes. Might not be enough to make them go. Have to see how that pans out. Think Jay Moffet would come down?

I should have said. Our whole gang should be there. That's a good sized sampling on it's own. We've been emphatic with everyone that we need total club participation.

I just got word that Ava and Nina Paganelli will be michigan for the p-shootout( man can they drive) cant wait to see you girls again oh ya it ok if you bring your dad to lol

List of people that are signed up as of now

Fred Siewert
    Tom Castellani
    Mike Pags
    Ava Pags
    Nina Pags

I know we can count on
    Mike Ball
    Bob Zola
    Ken Joye
    Joe Kazmerski
    Dyrle Bonsecour
    Jeff Todd
    Marc Cerankowski
    Bob Spence
    Fred Smith
    Jay Stolz
    Tom Costello ?
    Tony Libberatore
    Ty Davis

That should make 20 the question is who else wants to be part

just have to sign up here www.rcracingevents.com

lets get the list growing

Fred
    When all else fails floor it

I would like to thank our sponsors

Offshore Electrics Title

Castle Creations
    Fightercat racing
    JE products
    Servo City

as of now more to follow
    When all else fails floor it

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Ummmm........it looks like Chris, Daniel and myself will be.....
    We are still planning on attending......

John, that's awsome. Wish I could get to CA this weekend to play with you guys. Need to pressure that Jay Moffet character. He owns some man boats too.

Get yourselves signed in there as soon as you can manage it.

Hey, can I run my old SV 27 with a new AQ 1800Kv motor in your clubs SV class??

I'll be signing up next week after I see how many boats are still left running after this weekend's race.

Just bring em. We'll fix them when you get here.

Well just waiting for the passports to show up then we are good to go . Thanks, Jay M.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast