Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kintec Racing

Hate to say it but it sounds like you're the 1%, I buy stuff from him weekly and he always come through, even when stuff is backordered I get the parts rather quickly.

Well, as I said before, I have given Kintec another try. This time it went without a hitch.....
    I'm glad this order was processed as it should be. I've always had nothing but excellent service, however nobody's perfect.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by xlandguy View Post
    Good to hear. I do firmly believe that anyone on these forums would be more than a little upset at the whole process I have gone through with my first FE boat. Never before have I had such frustration and remorse over a deal that barely came to $500. I am happy enough with my boat now, and have been busy modding it and making it my own. Love FE boats. In fact, I bought a used one to restore, more problems there, lol.
    Just for clarification was the Problem with Jan at Kintec Racing or was it an Aquacraft issue with the Boat?
    VS1 FE - UL-1 - Motley Crew - Miss Geico - Kintec Prince - Rio 51z - 1/16 Summit - 1/10 Summit - Ken Block Rally - Kyle Busch Truck - Losi Mini SCT - BL E-MAXX - Assoc FT SC10 - Wild Willy - Clodbuster - Sand Scorcher......

Proof here , just ordered something yesterday and got my shipped email today from PayPal

I just got my last order today. It was placed on Thursday 7/5/12

The best part was the shipping refund. Eventhough I bought numerous items they went into the smaller box and got a $9 refund from $15 shipping.

The ONLY other place to do that was southriverrcboats.com A stand up gesture that will SURELY keep me returning.

I recently placed an order with Kintec Racing and all went well.I would recommend this store to anyone!

just received an order from kintec always have good luck with my orders but here latley my e mails go unanswered but never had a order issue great in my book

I sent for the one piece zonda drive shafts and payed for them with paypal on friday and got them on monday. If that isn't fast I don't know what is!
    And yes I installed them last night.
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

I have ZERO problems with Jan I to have ordered the one piece Zonda flex shafts and the stuffing tubes on a Monday and got them Wednesday and when I bought the Zonda it was 1 week from order to my door that included a holiday. He also answers email with in a few hours and is more than willing to give his input on boating setups for me its a big thumbs up!

Multiple orders, always shipped in reasonable time and they have some of the best hardware!!! Use them!!!

Kintec good by me no problems here.

Was the problem the boat operation? Because that is a separate issue.

Mike

Same here. Been ordering from Kintecracing now for a while and never had problems. If anything is on back order they always sends me a freebie and rush the back order item to me ASAP. Actually I just place 3 order last week and they were all delivered within 3 days. They a prompt on responding to my emails.

kintec doesnt know how to set up a boat properly. they sold me a zonda and said not to go over 4s and 5s is blowover territory. a 41 inch cat!!!!!!!!! the batts were in the back of the boat. the escs were on the cg. how stupid. a traxxas servo that lasted 3 runs. they said they had 8 mos of r and d in. in what? tflhobbies built the hull not jan or kent. they assmbled a "bullet proof race boat" on 4s. lol. who powers a 41 inch carbon cat with 4s and sets it up so poorly that its in blowover territory on 5s??!! i revamped the whole boat in 2 hours and it does damm near 70mph on stock props on 6s with the front 40% of the hull not even touchin the water at speed and smooth as glass with a little chop. they didnt want to hear or know about how i blew their set up out of the water no pun intended. anyone can sling parts. im a mechanical engineer. they dont want to learn how to make things work happily together. just slap it together and go. very dumb

Is that 6s with the stock 2075 kv motors? That would have you up around 45k rpm would it not? Just asking is all. I run that boat on 5s and reached 90 km/h briefly by propping up a 5s system. Knew it was pushing it though - and the motors *did* get hot. If the two stock motors can handle a full run on 6s then I'd be interested. Have to admit I'm skeptical though. But hey, I don't know everything. Was considering repowering mine for more lengthy speed runs - but if I don't need to then I'm certainly interested.

Have to agree that the world of rtr boats can be an interesting learning experience. I have no arguments with Kintec.
    PERTH AUSTRALIA
    || 2 x SV 27R || Impulse 31 - ver1 || Traxxas Spartan || Kintec Pursuit || Zonda Cat 41" || Insane FE30 || OuterLimits 870mm || TFL Ariane 36" || ProBoat Zelos 48 ||

Quote Originally Posted by trimarc geico View Post
    kintec doesnt know how to set up a boat properly. they sold me a zonda and said not to go over 4s and 5s is blowover territory. a 41 inch cat!!!!!!!!! the batts were in the back of the boat. the escs were on the cg. how stupid. a traxxas servo that lasted 3 runs. they said they had 8 mos of r and d in. in what? tflhobbies built the hull not jan or kent. they assmbled a "bullet proof race boat" on 4s. lol. who powers a 41 inch carbon cat with 4s and sets it up so poorly that its in blowover territory on 5s??!! i revamped the whole boat in 2 hours and it does damm near 70mph on stock props on 6s with the front 40% of the hull not even touchin the water at speed and smooth as glass with a little chop. they didnt want to hear or know about how i blew their set up out of the water no pun intended. anyone can sling parts. im a mechanical engineer. they dont want to learn how to make things work happily together. just slap it together and go. very dumb
    You posted two threads regarding your view on Kintec?! man, I thought the thread was shut down already.
    The whole mess on the other thread could have been avoided if you would just offer us potential buyers of this boat with your specific set up/mod. for your 70 mph runs.
    I have the Traxxas servo and while it is not a high-end item, it 's been working great, these are not built like Swiss watches so yours went bad after 3 runs, thanks for letting us know and it is good to know perhaps, but don't give Kintec crap for using this product, there is a cost theashold that any merchant needs to consider, would you have purchased this boat if it came with a $150+ servo, two German ESCs and motors, and the whole package cost you 4 or 5 grands or more?! Now that's a high-end boat.
    Last edited by tlandauer; 04-04-2013 at 02:50 AM.

Never an issue with Jan at Kintek. Nothing but good service and prompt delivery. Anyone who thinks a stock Zonda is a high end boat hasn't had enough experience with boats. Our job is to tune them to our experience. How many of us have bought a UL-1 or a Miss Geico or a Spartan and just run it flat out without any tweaking or upgrades. I think after trying it and trying to gain more speed require's us to do so. Of course you have to play with it. Funny, my Spartan runs with the batts in the back. My Carbon Fiber 37" Cat runs with the batts in the back. Thats the nature of the setup. My 45" Speedfreak run's with 2 10's batts stuffed in the nose. Again the nature of the setup. It's all dependent on where the other stuff resides. You can bash Kintek all you want but those of us who have dealt with them over the years know better and will continue to do so because we "know". Keep an open mind and an open ear. There's no better place than here to gain your knowledge from. As for bashing Jan and Kintek, I think I would reconsider jumping on another open thread after yours was closed. You may just close the door on yourself and be blackballed like some others have and then all you have is the local HS or a few online shops that don't and wont carry the same line of products like Steve and Jan do. Or you can order from HK and wait weeks for your build products to get here. Just Sayin......
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"
    45"Speedfreek
    , Fightercat #068 ​, MyYoutube Vids

Here's a link to the Kintec's Web page describing everything in great detail about the boat you bought,,

http://kintecracing.com/Zonda_Cat.html

You said in your other posting that it had no detailed description of the boat or pictures....

I think I'll place my first order with Kintec this weekend, thanks for bringing their website to my attention!
    Corey
    This is NOT a toy?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Here's a link to the Kintec's Web page describing everything in great detail about the boat you bought,,

http://kintecracing.com/Zonda_Cat.html

You said in your other posting that it had no detailed description of the boat or pictures....
    Don't think you can get any more detailed than that other than posting a build thread
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"
    45"Speedfreek
    , Fightercat #068 ​, MyYoutube Vids

Quote Originally Posted by trimarc geico View Post
    im a mechanical engineer.
    must be a fancy term for auto mechanic or similar.
    In your other ridiculous post about Kintec, you were not able to determine the difference between the words "there" and "their" until I corrected you. And now I'm supposed to believe you're an engineer? God help this country if these are the people @engineering anything lol
    Last edited by Heaving Earth; 04-04-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Cant please everyone....
    I've always had good experiences with Kintec so far.

trimarc geico:
    Your getting a bit excited about doing f-all work, to a cheap boat, to get it to run with 50% more power than it was intended for......
    Seriously... Troll elsewhere.
    If you were 1/10th as smart as you say you are you would have never had the problems in the first place.
    Surely you have homework to do or something....

Quote Originally Posted by Heaving Earth View Post
    must be a fancy term for auto mechanic or similar.
    In your other ridiculous post about Kintec, you were not able to determine the difference between the words "there" and "their" until I corrected you. And now I'm supposed to believe you're an engineer? God help this country if these are the people @engineering anything lol
    Now we are attacking Engineers, LOL? I take offense at that.... (ha ha. Not really ) My spelling is pretty bad and my typing...worse!, But you need mathmatically things worked out? There would be no complaining... (I am a civil engineer with a degree to boot...)

Anyways... Kintec: I have had no complaints. If Steve is out or doesn't carry an item, Kintec delivers.

Trimarc: I would concede that you may have had a bad or unfortunate build... I would say your expectations might have been a little high as well, but as it is, Kintec is pretty on the up-and-up and unless you are willing to pay LOTS of money for a race ready custom, ALL the RTR boats need tweeks and modifications at the least... I hear your frustration and I have been there.... But my best advice would be to make the best of it and communicate with the guys at Kintec when something is not per what is advertised or up to your expectations. THese guys do not have a huge staff, so you have to be a bit understanding...

With that said: Happy thursday guys.

Jan at Kintec is great, ships thing out very quickly and is on par with Steve here at OSE.

Default Kintec Racing

Bought this exact boat off Jan last year only things I have done to it are 2 new one piece flex shafts that I bought from Jan after he let me no they just came in and 43mm L & R aluminum machined props from OSE. Plus some normal adjustments I run 4s 5000s turnigy lipos and the boat runs very nice at speeds of around 40 mph. as for the motors they seem to be pretty good they run cool same for the 2 tunigy 120 esc. The batteries are below the esc and there is little drag and the hull sits fine at full speed about 2/3s of the hull out of the water. This boat is definitely my favorite boat its big beautiful and (FAST ENOUGH FOR ME) plus its easily capable of more speed. When I bought the boat there were 2 setups Jan offered right on his web sight with detailed info on what exactly each setup came with and the price. I bought the boat on a Friday and got it Wednesday pretty quick ship. Well that's all I got

Quote Originally Posted by carleverett711 View Post
    Bought this exact boat off Jan last year only things I have done to it are 2 new one piece flex shafts that I bought from Jan after he let me no they just came in and 43mm L & R aluminum machined props from OSE. Plus some normal adjustments I run 4s 5000s turnigy lipos and the boat runs very nice at speeds of around 40 mph. as for the motors they seem to be pretty good they run cool same for the 2 tunigy 120 esc. The batteries are below the esc and there is little drag and the hull sits fine at full speed about 2/3s of the hull out of the water. This boat is definitely my favorite boat its big beautiful and (FAST ENOUGH FOR ME) plus its easily capable of more speed. When I bought the boat there were 2 setups Jan offered right on his web sight with detailed info on what exactly each setup came with and the price. I bought the boat on a Friday and got it Wednesday pretty quick ship. Well that's all I got
    That is exactly my idea of enjoyable boat experience. So many new guys want to break the sound barrier!
    I have a question? I never understood the so-called two-piece square end flex , is it simple to change to the one piece shaft Jan sells?

Should be cake for a pro like you,
    Just take off the old and put on the new and grease it up and go.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by lenny View Post
    Should be cake for a pro like you,
    Just take off the old and put on the new and grease it up and go.
    Wish I am better at this, Lenny, you over estimate me, but thanks!

Yes much easier than the 2 piece and it saves time stuffing the tube plus the new one piece is stronger and more true. Jan sells them ready to install they are the exact length I am going out at 9 am to run the Zonda for the first time this year bought my snow tube and I am hoping not to use it.

Than use your head and do not push it to hard first time out this year,
    Have fun and no swimming yet.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

Well 2 down this year and I'm still dry God Bless Spring Oh bye the way have I told you that I love my Zonda

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast