Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kintec Racing

Default Kintec Racing

I am really struggling with this. I would like to hear opionions on Kintec. I myself have not had the best of luck. I originaly ordered parts, as well as my first FE boat, (MC) and was fully charged well over a month ago. I was not at all happy with the "process" or some of the products I recieved. Being that I bought from "the little guy" it seems I was stuck with a lemon at first. This was even confirmed by Kintec. After much , I mean MUCH, frustration, and tinkering/modding I now have a decent running boat. I did not want to send the boat back to Aquacraft, which was my only option other than dealing with the problems myself. Anyway, I still have not recieved my complete order. It has been paid for for well over a month. I email and got a response that it would be soon "give it a few days", that was over 3 weeks ago. Emails sent last week have seen no response yet. I know the guy is busy, but this is NO way to introduce newcomers to FE boating. I almost just said the hell with it, (boats) because of this. But now I am very glad I didnt.

Last thing I want to do is hurt a guys business. This is not for that. But only to discuss, and yes, vent a little to a crowd familiar with this stuff. Thanks.

Thumbs up

I have used Kentec a couple of times with no problems. Jan seems to be a straight shooter. I had 1 order that had parts on back order, but got them the next week even with a free gift. So I would give both Kentec, and Ose. 2 thumbs up.

Right, well that's the general feeling around here I gather. I guess I just had a run of bad luck there.

Thats to bad that you have not had good luck! I myself have had great luck with them as well. They have always been prompt both getting me the parts I needed and also returning email's that were sent. Maybe try to again to email them?
    CF Fightercat Daytona, 21 year old Hitec Sea Nymph, Genesis and many more to come im sure.

A friend of mine ordered some parts from kintec just recently and he only received part of the order. the remaining parts are on backorder, It seems the website has been negelected or something. Now my friend cannot get any response from them. Now I myself have had a great experience with kintec.

I have ordered from him twice, the first time he sent the order out with a water pick up back ordered (was only a dollar or so). A few weeks later I emailed him to let me know when it was in and I would order some more stuff to ship with it and it came in the mail the next day before he could get back to me. It probably cost him 5 times what the part was worth to ship it to Canada. The other order was a week late shipping because he was waiting on a part to come in, then made it here within a week. Been good for me.
    H&M Drifter L, AC Lightning Cat and a Graupner Jet Sprint waiting to be built

Seems he is not answering emails at the present time either. I hate this sh$T

just got an order delivered. prompt and complete as always for me.

I guess I am just on his bad side then. I can't think of any other reason. At this point I don't even think another email is going to do anything. I will just continue to wait for my part that I paid for a month ago.

Hmm, I think someone might have seen this thread and not liked it. But like I said, I don't mean to degrade, only to recount my experience. I just recieved a Paypal refund for the Kintec part in question. I just would like to think that if a guy spent close to $500 with me, and had interest in spending more, I would make a slightly better effort at customer support, that's all.

Jan has always been a good guy to deal with imho. Him and Steve are the best in the boating world hands down once again JMHO. No business is perfect, but I honestly feel Jan (and Steve) go above and beyond. I myself, will continue to be a loyal ose and kintec fan/supporter. I think your issue sucks, but the fact you got a refund is good business. Try dealing w/ HK or BH on an issue and that will make your head spin. A lot of hobby shops appear out of thin air and although their prices are nice, CS is non existant. Between customers questions, distributors and the occasional complaint I'm sure Jan (and Steve) receive more emails in one day then most of us do in a month. Its hard being on the top and I think ose and kintec do a awesome job standing their ground and battleing the fly-by-night china hobbyshops the seem to grow like weeds...

I wish you luck and hope you stay in this hobby and urge you to give Kintec another try.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

I agree with Diesel. I have ordered a fair few times from Kintec now. Problems occur now and then but Jan is always quick to sort it out. I usually have my item within 5 days of ordering which is great seeing as I'm in the UK. I always look to Kintec first before buying anywhere else.
    Everything that has a beginning, has an End

I have ordered from them in the past and have always had good service.
    If something was not is stock, they back ordered it and then sent it out as soon as they got it back in stock.
    I am very pleased with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    I wish you luck and hope you stay in this hobby and urge you to give Kintec another try.
    Thank you.
    I'll stay in this hobby because of how much I loved it the first time I ran my Motley Crew. (lol, make that the 2nd time, 1st time the water jacket gasket was damaged, filled the hatch compartment with water) I had no idea I would find FE boats this entertaining. I like working on mine as much as running it. I've been into trucks/buggys for years. No boats until the MC. So far the frustrations have been plenty, lol. And now I am discovering that finding a place to run is getting much harder. But, these machines are so awesome to me. I am sure that another boat, a "high end" model such as Toysport or Fightercat, maybe a DeltaForce is in the near future for me. I have already purchased a second boat actualy, a used Villian IV that I intend to repaint, restore, and use as a rescue craft.
    As for me and Kintec? Probably not.

i just ordered something from kintec and its in the mail all ready.....one day service.....i trust em with my money.....
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

I have found Kintec to be great and helpful in outfitting my boats. Can't beleve how quick I get my items and I am in Canada !! #1 with me.
    Mine...Traxxas Spartan & Proboat Stilleto
    Her's ... Miss Geico
    And just got my Aquacraft Silver Revolt 30 !!

no worries dealing with jan,,packs and posts orders almost straight away or with in 24 hours , i always get my orders in 10 days i am in Australia.
    i will keep buying from kintec no problem

Several orders with Jan, no problems to date.

Jan at Kintec Racing has been first class for me all the way. I have ordered hundreds of dollars of parts from him and he has delivered 100% of the time. He is also a very nice guy to boot. I just ordered some items last Saturday and they arrived MONDAY from PA. How the heck can he ship so fast?! Have faith, he and Steven at OSE are the very best in the business.

Jan always comes through for me. He also supports racing by always coughing up bucks and goodies to sponsor race classes both at Winter Warmups and the FE Nationals. I give him a FIVE STAR rating
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

From the MFG side of the fence Jan is a stand up dude.. He is a nice cat and always wants what best for our hobby. One up for Jan!

Grimracer

Ditto..

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    From the MFG side of the fence Jan is a stand up dude.. He is a nice cat and always wants what best for our hobby. One up for Jan!

Grimracer
    Good to see you spending more time on the forums as of late. I know AQ keeps you locked inside their "laboratory".
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

I hate rc boats.....but Jan has been a good, honest vendor to me when I did have an interest in FE.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    I hate rc boats.....but Jan has been a good, honest vendor to me when I did have an interest in FE.
    For a guy who hate's rc boats your sure have/had a lot of equipment! chuckle. By the way, the Neu motor I bought from you is now pushing along a whip 40 at crazy speeds...Thanks again..

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Good to see you spending more time on the forums as of late. I know AQ keeps you locked inside their "laboratory".
    lol..

Our AquaCraft "black lab" here is a code word "JACK".. it helps when we are talking secret projects.

If Doby thinks about it he will get it. the rest of you.. Im not so sure about........................

I could show you a picture of JACK but you would need a frontal lobotomy to continue in life!

Grim

Grimracer
    Yup! I'm still using the prop balancer he sent me and it is a first class product.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

lol..

Our AquaCraft "black lab" here is a code word "JACK".. it helps when we are talking secret projects.

If Doby thinks about it he will get it. the rest of you.. Im not so sure about........................

I could show you a picture of JACK but you would need a frontal lobotomy to continue in life!

Grim

I have ordered numerous orders from Kintec. Ive had a few back ordered items which I get usually within a week from the first package. Most places if something is out they would hold the order or make you pay separate shipping.

Seems its hard to communicate via email. Usually takes awhile to hear back. I sent my last email on 5/27 inquiring about some parts and havent heard back yet.

I have had great luck with Jan and Kintec. With my last order over $100 he even included a free gift!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast