Thread: " Y " fittings for single cooling line

Default " Y " fittings for single cooling line

Will installing y fittings in a single cooling line net any difference in temperature ?

I would think that you would have to add an outlet to see any change.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Chris

When you add a Y the flow will go mostly to the device with the least resistance (usually the speed control) and reduce the flow to the path of most resistance (usually the motor). Is this what you want ? The only way to reliably increase flow is to install dual independant pickups - there are several ways to do this. Keep in mind that watercooling is, at best, a band-aid. A proper setup that doesn't create excessive heat is the first line of defense.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I hear ya.

I was running my new boat with one of my esc's I have and I'm not sure of the capacity. So after 6.5 min or run time when I shot the caps (2) on it it was 133 degr mtr was 105.

I should be getting the stock esc back which is 60amps all might be well.

It is all stock set up 1800kv/ stock SS pb prop ,14.8v/ 4s2p batts. The batteries might be on thelow end tho @ 30/40c.

Quote Originally Posted by wht73 View Post
    I hear ya.

I was running my new boat with one of my esc's I have and I'm not sure of the capacity. So after 6.5 min or run time when I shot the caps (2) on it it was 133 degr mtr was 105.

I should be getting the stock esc back which is 60amps all might be well.

It is all stock set up 1800kv/ stock SS pb prop ,14.8v/ 4s2p batts. The batteries might be on thelow end tho @ 30/40c.

If after 6.5 minutes of running your motor was 105F, you're doing great. To reduce the load (and heat) on the caps, just add an additional cap or two like these : http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...k-cap-35v-1000
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

The caps will oftern run little hotter than the body of the ESC. In the 130's is not a bad temp for the caps. Make sure you use good quality batteries to reduce ripple current and keep your caps happy.

To add to what the other guys said, consider that the caps aren't water cooled themselves, although heat dissapation may play a small part.