Thread: Atomik 58 pics

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Atomik 58 pics

Just opened up the new ARC, and thought I would share some pics. Looks like atomic opened the box and inspected the boat prior to shipping. Hardware looks pretty stout, motor mount looks nice although not sure if something like a leo 56mm motor or castle 2028 would fit between the rails without some major modifications to the stringers. Although running motors of that size should require some extra hull reinforcement anyway. Finish looks fantastic, nice scale details. Feels pretty light compared to my gas BJ55 without fuel. The motor does look awfully small inside the hull, but I can see how with a smaller-ish nicely sharpened and balanced prop, lighter weight, and keeping the strut up high enough to free up the prop a bit, this big hull could run adequately with the stock components. I'd feel a bit better if this package came with a little bigger esc like a t-180. I also would keep as little battery weight as possible in the hull(single 6s pack) in fear that loading up the hull with too much lipo could stress the motor/esc. Overall it looks good! Only time will tell how she holds up!

101_2955.jpg101_2956.jpg101_2957.jpg101_2958.jpg101_2960.jpg
    Last edited by forescott; 06-01-2012 at 11:55 PM.