Thread: pro boat inpulse newbie question.....

Default pro boat inpulse newbie question.....

hey everyone! I ordered my new impulse 31 that should be here tommorrow, just wondering what is the best prop size for this boat? i wil be running 5000mah 20c lipos. is this a decent battery choice for this boat? this will be my first rc boat!

look in the RTR Impulse section loads of info there
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

I would get batteries with a higher c rating, I run 25c and a little more prop draws a lot of current. Don't run batteries down to low, 4-5 min is what you will get for run time.

try 42x55 or m445 make sure you upgrade the connectors to 5.5mm or above thou

Should I change the connectors on the batteries and the motor/esc or just the motor/esc?

x2 on that! i run a m445 and love it...i have the stock motor connectors but run all 5.5s on my bats. also re-do the water cooling so that the esc is the first to get the cooling water...they need to be cooler than the motors do!...have fun this will make a great "first" boat....and down the rabbit hole you go!

Both should be done if your thinking of that big of a prop. I also swap out the stock tubing for a larger diamiator tube that allows more water to get though. This seems to be good for reducing temps 5-10 degrees depending on water temps.
    Last edited by d.a.v.e; 07-05-2012 at 11:26 AM.