Thread: Pursuit Mono

Default Pursuit Mono

I purschased a pursuit from Steve a couple of weeks ago and the past week end was the first time it was in the water. i just had a few questions. Im running the boat with the stock prop, strut ect on 2 3s packs. It caviates like crazy and wont go. Theres not much adjustment in the strut. Also what is the best placement on the batteries. I have them in front of the motor lenght wise and the boat leans to the one side. Looking for some tips on battery placement. How should I set the trim tabs? I just run for fun on a lake choppy water but it can be flat also.

Dave

didn't the ones Steve was selling come with a 2000KV motor? If so 2 x 3s packs will be too much for it, not sure if that will cause the cavitation problems though
    H&M Drifter L, AC Lightning Cat and a Graupner Jet Sprint waiting to be built

turbo Im running them parallel for extra run time so just 11.1 volts.

if it is a 2000kv motor.... running 4s2p seems ideal in those boats.and I ran a grimracer 42x55,octura x445 and m445 for prop and it worked for me,I also ran the lipos down each side beside the motor mount not in the front of the hull,the flatter the water the more rearward you can go with the batteries to kinda air the hull out some so it doesnt run so wet.I dont know what prop u are using so detail needed maybe,and as for the trim tabs go I always ran mine level or maybe a degree or two downwards as well as the strut angle.If the boat is balanced it should respond well to these tips.I have seen guys run the lipos forward of the motor but the only advantage I saw was getting a little lower on the cog area.

Its just the prop that came with it from Steve there is no numbers on it so Im not even sure. The stock strut is very hard to adjust very little movement. I will try running the packs down the side to level it out and move the esc in front of the motor.
    It is the 2000 kv motor and Im waiting for a sharpend and balanced prop to be in stock so I can buy a m445. Also this thing takes on alot of water is there a easy way to remove the water with drilling the hull
    Dave

I have the exact same boat. I run one pack on the side directly opposite the esc/receiver/servo. The other pack I place in the middle in front of motor. I use that pack to adjust COG. It should run great that way with the stock prop and setup though I've only run 4s on it. A good way to check if it's listing to one side is to put the loaded boat in your bath tub with water. Can also check for leaks this way.

The rpm's aren't very high only 3s, that's a big part of your problem. To compensate for the low voltage you would have to run a larger prop. 4s2p is ideal, I would suggest getting some 4s packs rather soon if you want to run the boat to it's full potential. Right now she wants more juice, and your cutting her off. Leaks typically come from the gap between the strut and transom and the water moves up the stuffing tube because of it. Use some o-rings to fill in that gap. You have a awesome hull, just need to work out the kinks, which are very minor!

She moves nicely on 4s2p!

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Runs good diesel, I figured i would need more juice would 25c battery be ok to run with the stock prop. Also rabosi i will try the battery on the one side to balance it out. My first run it was so windy and choppy and this thing still moved out nicely. Thanks for the tips I will get some video when I get back to our lake house.

Dave

+1 diesel
    he talked me in to this hull and now its my favorite. Have to get a couple of 4s batts and you'll love it.
    white geico w/2200kv 3674 leopard 53.5mph 4s2p, geico w/ 1800kv outrunner 52mph on 4s2p, genesis w/2200kv castle 53.8 on 4s2p, impulse 31 w/2200kv castle, stock p1 and ul-1

Quote Originally Posted by 02ram4by4 View Post
    Runs good diesel, I figured i would need more juice would 25c battery be ok to run with the stock prop. Also rabosi i will try the battery on the one side to balance it out. My first run it was so windy and choppy and this thing still moved out nicely. Thanks for the tips I will get some video when I get back to our lake house.

Dave
    You should be running 25C or higher at all times. The higher the C the better!!!! You want your batteries to provide as much amps as possible, by doing that the cooler they will run and the system will have more then enough amps. I normally try not to go less then 30C. More Juice as in more voltage, snag some 4s packs asap! I've started to run 2 of these for a 4s2p 10,600mah setup and she's a whole different boat! http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-30c-5300-4s1p.html
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

One more question would it be worth the trouble of going to the stinger style or just leave the strut. Also if I was to get a stinger drive what one would I need. I got the upgraded one piece shaft

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by 02ram4by4 View Post
    One more question would it be worth the trouble of going to the stinger style or just leave the strut. Also if I was to get a stinger drive what one would I need. I got the upgraded one piece shaft

Dave
    Strut typically allows for more fine tuning.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I need some feedback on a prop. what about a x642. The m445 prop is hard to find.

Dave

I run a 4082 2200kv on 4s2p in my Pursuit now................

but when i ran a 4074 2200kv i threw 5s in it once for fun!!

NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

im running something similar to that boat and i dont reckon its going no where that fast, but its got all the same parts!