Thread: How to calibrate throttle?

Angry How to calibrate throttle?

Stock rtr spectrum remote w/ seaking 180 Esc, 4074 2200 kv.

read first please.

hook up the motor, receiver and esc.
    turn on the radio and the receiver (if you are using a seperate receiver battery. (you should be)) (if not, just continue to the next line with the transmitter turned on.)
    pull the trigger to full throttle and while holding it there connect your lipo battery up to the ESC.
    you should hear APROX. 3 beeps, then IMEDIATELY release the trigger and you should hear a confirmation beep.
    unplug the lipos from your ESC and you are done calibrating the throttle.

I did what u said. How do you know it's calibrated? How many beeps should I hear when I turn on my remote and boat?

dood, no offense, but in your other thread about 5 of us explained it to you, and now youve started a new thread? is youre throttle channel 1 set to reverse? if not set it that way. turn on radio. hold full throttle on the trigger. plug in batteries. you wait for 3 beeps. let off throttle to neutral. you hear 1 beep, plus a series of beeps to signify number of cells. so 5 beeps would = 1 confirmation beep + 4 beeps for 4 cells. you only have to do this once.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    dood, no offense, but in your other thread about 5 of us explained it to you, and now youve started a new thread? is youre throttle channel 1 set to reverse? if not set it that way. turn on radio. hold full throttle on the trigger. plug in batteries. you wait for 3 beeps. let off throttle to neutral. you hear 1 beep, plus a series of beeps to signify number of cells. so 5 beeps would = 1 confirmation beep + 4 beeps for 4 cells. you only have to do this once.
    Double check the "TH" channel switch on top of your radio to the left of the antenna. This little-half buried sliding switch should be pushed to the RIGHT in its little slot!!
    The one next to this marked "ST" is for steering channel, if your rudder turns correctly, don't touch it.
    P.S. You really need to write down the tone series, in the middle of programing it is good to be able to glance it and know what to expect.

I did not mention anything about the reversing of the throttle due to me not knowing ANYTHING about
    Spectrum radios.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Hey Dana! Finally got my setup in my boat and took it to the lake, but it was running slower then stock. Dont know what could be wrong? Need your advice since you have this same setup. Thanks .. Al

Hi I have a question I don't know how to post a new thread.. I have a miss geico 36 . It flipped brought it back drove it went great then didn't. Sheard the flex shaf. Replace the shaf and liner and prop I noticed that putting in the shaft was kind tight .put batteries in was checking and noticed that the new shaft was stopping before the old one. And wouldn't sometimes go on when light throttle I fix that by recalibrate. But I noticed that when pressing the throttle the ESC light with blink green if I let off and accelerate again also the motor makes a clunking when you let off the throttle and pull it back

I do not hook up the flex shaft when I tested this and no I was not running it long just short bursts and I don't know if something bent cuz the flex shaft going in hit a snag