Thread: 4074 2200kv Leopard Seaking 180a. ESC won't program

Unhappy 4074 2200kv Leopard Seaking 180a. ESC won't program

Just got everything in my boat. Running 2-4s 25-50c 6000mAh in parallel. ESC won't program with both batteries hooked up. Steering works but no throttle.
    Am new to this. Am I missing something. With both batteries hooked up the lead on the seaking flashes continuosly. Any help is appreciated. I have a program card too. leo 4074 2200kv and using internal bec. Never used this card before.

What tx & rx and did you calibrate the throttle ?
    Also you can just use a 2s pack to program it,
    And make sure when you put the esc program plug in to the card it is the right way,
    Or it will just start to beep.
    Timing should be 11* to 15*and Lv 3.0,
    LED program box should be set to these #, Running mode 1 =#2 / Lipo cells 2=#4 / Low volt 3=#3 / Timing 4=#4 or #5

TTYL.

Stock mg rtr rx and tx. Not yet, how do I calibrate the throttle? Can you help me out with the steps? Thanks.

Turn on tx, hold throttle wide open, then plug in esc. Two or three beeps to confirm full throttle,then let trigger back to neutral and confirmation beeps will follow.

Did it work ?

Quote Originally Posted by lenny View Post
    Did it work ?
    i having problems right now, when i full throttle the motor spins very slow don't know what im doing wrong. program esc and bind the rx to tx. Do i need to do something else?

Quote Originally Posted by lenny View Post
    Did it work ?
    i having problems right now, when i full throttle the motor spins very slow don't know what im doing wrong. program esc and bind the rx to tx. Do i need to do something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lebowski View Post
    Set the esc up as follows:

* Forward only
    * 3.0v per cell
    * 4 cell

After you do that re-calbrate the throttle. Always turn the radio on before the boat. Don't sit and hold throttle while the boat is not in the water. Good way to burn something up. All you need is to hit the throttle and make sure prop direction is correct.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Default calibrating

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Set the esc up as follows:

* Forward only
    * 3.0v per cell
    * 4 cell

After you do that re-calbrate the throttle. Always turn the radio on before the boat. Don't sit and hold throttle while the boat is not in the water. Good way to burn something up. All you need is to hit the throttle and make sure prop direction is correct.

Sup Diesel. How do i calibrate the throttle again? Not sure if i did it right the first time. Thanks D

Go back to Dana's post #4, these things can be confusing at the beginning, I had to write them down on a piece of paper while I calibrate. The thing to remember is always to have your radio on before you plug the battery to arm the ESC, at that moment it is EXTREMELY important that you don't let go any amount of the trigger=full throttle, then wait for the confirmation beeps--- Dana said it already , I don't want to say anything incorrectly here. Because it is difficult for one man doing it alone, sometimes your hand lets go a bit while you are arming the ESC, then you are already not calibrating. Better to have a helper, in my opinion.
    Also on that radio there are FOUR little dials on the front panel at the base of the radio, check the two on the right, they are End Point Adjustments for the throttle. These two dials should be cranked all the way to 5 o'clock position ( little arrows you can see)
    Good luck !

The max cells for lipos batteries that the 180A esc can handle is 2 3s on a circuit for a total of 6s. That is your first problem. Your second is that you do not have your esc connected to your rx correctly. Either upside down or not on the correct channel. Check to see if those two things solve your issue. As far as the program card I have yet to get mine to work myself.

Quote Originally Posted by rplebuch View Post
    The max cells for lipos batteries that the 180A esc can handle is 2 3s on a circuit for a total of 6s. That is your first problem. Your second is that you do not have your esc connected to your rx correctly. Either upside down or not on the correct channel. Check to see if those two things solve your issue. As far as the program card I have yet to get mine to work myself.
    He's running two 4s in paralell that's only 4s voltage, not an issue. He said when he hits full throttle the "motor turns slowly" that means its connected right to rx, if it wasn't it wouldn't respond at all.

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Also make sure your throttle channel is set to reverse, and the trim all the way up

I just use a long bread tie with one turn to hold the tx trigger at full,
    For a third hand when calibrating the throttle and programing it.

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Go back to Dana's post #4, these things can be confusing at the beginning, I had to write them down on a piece of paper while I calibrate. The thing to remember is always to have your radio on before you plug the battery to arm the ESC, at that moment it is EXTREMELY important that you don't let go any amount of the trigger=full throttle, then wait for the confirmation beeps--- Dana said it already , I don't want to say anything incorrectly here. Because it is difficult for one man doing it alone, sometimes your hand lets go a bit while you are arming the ESC, then you are already not calibrating. Better to have a helper, in my opinion.
    Also on that radio there are FOUR little dials on the front panel at the base of the radio, check the two on the right, they are End Point Adjustments for the throttle. These two dials should be cranked all the way to 5 o'clock position ( little arrows you can see)
    Good luck !

Elastic