Thread: hands free vide recording with smartphone

Default hands free vide recording with smartphone

hey guys, heres a video of my mean machine running out the end of the batteries. what i wanted to really share was the fact that i recorded this myself. how? i bent up a coathanger to hold my iphone, then bent the wire so it would fit snug on the lid of my baseball cap. ill post a pic if anybody wants to see it. its very crude but works fine. anyways heres the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve6d9fgyqPw

Cool! I wouldn't mind checking out a pic. Don't know where you live but in my local it sounds like you have a redneck version of a GoPro!
    Everything I do I learn something new!

Haha yeah for the most part. Ill snap a photo in a few

Can't wait to see your pic, that is awesome, also the lake is so beautiful! man, wish i have acess to a place like this! The one-man video has always been a goal of mine but I need an iphone first. lol...
    BTW, your Mean machine is great too.

Hey,
    Do you have a camcorder ?

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Can't wait to see your pic, that is awesome, also the lake is so beautiful! man, wish i have acess to a place like this! The one-man video has always been a goal of mine but I need an iphone first. lol...
    BTW, your Mean machine is great too.

my camcorder is a minitape? I don't even remember the format any more, it is one generation after the so-called Hi 8 I have been using a digital camera for video and I have been thinking a way to video my boat runs with one hand, so far I have not come up with any practical solution.

I am using a canon power shot 520a camera,
    And I just velcro strap it to my tactic 2.4 tx.
    turn it on and it's hands free.
    But I am looking for a camcorder with a better picture and some zoom with a hard drive for good memory,
    And cheap.
    Last edited by lenny; 05-25-2012 at 07:58 PM.

i would like to see what it looks like too. I am usually by myself when I am running my boats.

Just think. You could be rich and famous! The new iHanger Video holder thingie! Yours for the low price of ......

There is a lot that i still need to learn: for instance, if you up load anything to YOUTUBE what is the least resolution and still viewable, I don't want to go crazy on Hi-Def but still good quality.
    The velcro makes sense. Don't want to clog Dana's original thread, maybe we should move the discussion to somewhere else.

here are the pics, and another vid i shot with it
    IMG_2171.jpgIMG_2172.jpgIMG_2173.jpgIMG_2174.jpg
    http://youtu.be/2194Dsd4Aok

That..........my friend, is a very neat invention!!! You kept the boat in the frame as well................I bet more folks use your cap holder!
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    That..........my friend, is a very neat invention!!! You kept the boat in the frame as well................I bet more folks use your cap holder!
    yeah, i make sure the lens sits at the bottom near the lid of the hat, so its closer to eye level. usually i just wrap an elastic around the phone to make sure it does slide out.
    thanks again!

That is cool, very imaginative, love the vid as well. Thanks for posting them.

Good job! Where there is a will there is a way!
    Everything I do I learn something new!