Thread: Color Options for MaxAmps.com Race Edition LiPos

Default Color Options for MaxAmps.com Race Edition LiPos

We now offer colored wraps for our Race Edition LiPos. 8 different colors are available at no additional charge. Let me know what you guys think and check them out when you get a chance. Let us know if you want additional colors.

http://www.maxamps.com/

Thanks,

Brandon Wilcox
    brandon@maxamps.com

How about lower prices and not falsifying C ratings? I have Turnigy packs that have FAR outlasted MaxAmps garbage.

Who cares how they look while they are inside the hull of a boat? Performance is all that matters.

And, they dont perform. They puff, even in a mild set up in a land vehicle. They may be an American based company, but I will gladly stick with China man packs over this overrated and over priced junk.

American companies make some crap I'll tell ya. It's too bad. I see ALOT of it out there. It's no wonder china does so well. At least they aren't made in India. I couldn't imagine the quality of something like that lol

LOL Hate the smell of burning crap!
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

MaxAmps used to be very popular, 4/5 years ago they were THE battery company, bar none. But now that it has come to light that lipo's dont have to be outrageously expensive MaxAmps is taking a hit. I can't believe they are still selling batteries at those prices. I just bought 4, that's FOUR 45C 5,000mah for less than $125!!! You might be able to get ONE MaxAmps for that price.
    Last edited by xlandguy; 05-24-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonwilcox View Post
    We now offer colored wraps for our Race Edition LiPos. 8 different colors are available at no additional charge. Let me know what you guys think and check them out when you get a chance. Let us know if you want additional colors.

http://www.maxamps.com/

Thanks,

Brandon Wilcox
    LOL, at no additions costs! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    How about lower prices and not falsifying C ratings? I have Turnigy packs that have FAR outlasted MaxAmps garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinger9D9 View Post
    Who cares how they look while they are inside the hull of a boat? Performance is all that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    And, they dont perform. They puff, even in a mild set up in a land vehicle. They may be an American based company, but I will gladly stick with China man packs over this overrated and over priced junk.
    Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    American companies make some crap I'll tell ya. It's too bad. I see ALOT of it out there. It's no wonder china does so well. At least they aren't made in India. I couldn't imagine the quality of something like that lol
    Quote Originally Posted by siberianhusky View Post
    LOL Hate the smell of burning crap!
    Quote Originally Posted by xlandguy View Post
    MaxAmps used to be very popular, 4/5 years ago they were THE battery company, bar none. But now that it has come to light that lipo's dont have to be outrageously expensive MaxAmps is taking a hit. I can't believe they are still selling batteries at those prices. I just bought 4, that's FOUR 45C 5,000mah for less than $130!!! You might be able to get ONE MaxAmps for that price.
    Well brandon, I think there is your answers!
    looks like the only post from this guy is to sell overpriced over C rated performce lipos
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Wow, not one defender of MaxAmps, that's rare. On another forum I belong to you get a warning if you even mention the name, and then banned if you say it again!
    Last edited by xlandguy; 05-23-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Wow, not one defender of MaxAmps, that's rare. On another forum I belong to you get a warning if you even mention the name, and then banned if you say it again!
    would that be traxxas?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Could it be the forum were the owner did some testing of maxamps packs and they failed. maxamps was threating to sue him over telling the truth.

Not Traxxas. You've got it Ozzie.

Some times people hang crap on a company as they have not had good dealings with them. Some times its justified other times it is not.
    People have the right to buy a product,test it and give there opinion to help others from blowing there hard earned cash. If it comes the the time we will be sued for our opinion,then forums will disappear and we will all loose out.
    No one likes bad publicity but the way maxamps conducted them selves turns me off as a buyer. If they made a product that was worth the asking price then i could understand wanting to sue.but when substandard cells are sold at 4 times the price of other decent cells,then IMO we need to let people know there is much cheaper and better options out there.
    Last edited by ozzie-crawl; 05-24-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Well for the young kid, or anyone really who is starting out in RC, or who doesnt have wads of cash to throw at the hobby. We do need to let them know that you can get good batteries for a good price. I see a new guy post that he just bought a "what ever" and has two batteries that they paid $150 each for, and it makes me sick almost. It's a turnoff if someone thinks that a good battery costs $150, that's crazy and not good for the hobby. How much profit do you think MaxCramps makes on a battery they sell for $200? $100? $150? more i'd be willing to bet. WOW

Well for the young kid, or anyone really who is starting out in RC, or who doesnt have wads of cash to throw at the hobby. We do need to let them know that you can get good batteries for a good price. I see a new guy post that he just bought a "what ever" and has two batteries that they paid $150 each for, and it makes me sick almost. It's a turnoff if someone thinks that a good battery costs $150, that's crazy and not good for the hobby. How much profit do you think MaxCramps makes on a battery they sell for $200? $100? $150? more i'd be willing to bet. WOW
    Considering some packs 1/4 the price out perform theres, i would guess not very much.
    Being i dont live in the U.S buying "made in America" or supporting local U.S businesses means very little to me. but i hate seeing people using that same old excuse the ripping people off.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie-crawl View Post
    Could it be the forum were the owner did some testing of maxamps packs and they failed. maxamps was threating to sue him over telling the truth.
    we can't be sued for giving our opinion like that, specially if it has facts to back it up
    what forum was this on?
    thanks

I bet they make a ton on each pack

MaxAmps used to be very popular, 4/5 years ago they were THE battery company, bar none. But now that it has come to light that lipo's dont have to be outrageously expensive MaxAmps is taking a hit. I can't believe they are still selling batteries at those prices. I just bought 4, that's FOUR 45C 5,000mah for less than $130!!! You might be able to get ONE MaxAmps for that price.
    Mind letting this poor boy know where?

See my post in the Zippy lipo thread HERE
    $124.15 Shipped, for 4 of them!