Thread: Proboat Formula Fastech on 2S. Can I do 3S

Default Proboat Formula Fastech on 2S. Can I do 3S

I have a completely stock Formula Fastech. I have been running it on dual 5000 40C lipos. Can I run 3s lipos without doing any changes. I run it for fun. Just wanting to increase top speed.

Thst esc will handle 5s one 2s and one 3s but its life will be shortened and you may want to put a smaller prop on

How much of a difference will 5S make

If all the performance up grades from the proboat forum are done this could put you around the 40 mph about 8-10 mph faster than stock

I wouldnt do it, the minimal speed increase isnt worth risking a good ESC, the boat does best in the low 30's anyways. You can go up on prop pitch for some extra speed. Im not sure but if it has a 40mm prop go to an x638, or x442 both on 4s.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Okay. What about my Miss Geico. Do a prop on it also

I once put on a x442 and the boat ran really nicely, but I was greedy, upsized to a Leo 4074 2000kv, I regreted big time, infact I want to go back to stock with the x442. I remember Darin said in a post the setup works best for 1.4 pitch prop. Increase the diameter is better than incresing the pitch. Anyway, if you wonder why I didn't like the bigger motor set-up, I had toque roll issue and the boat wasn't calm, I like the scale look and the not-so crazy speed, for faster speed I go to other boat. Just my $.02

Is your MG stock? I have a MG with Leo 4082, 2200Kv, I used x642 and was GSP'ed at more than 50mph w/o heat problem, I am using m445 now and I like it even better, not for speed but the ride quality is better.I have no experience with stock MG because my boat didn't come stock. Sorry , can't help you there, but i think Proboat's up grade prop is a 42mm dia. prop, not sure about the pitch, i guess it is closer to x4 series rather than the x6 series. I might be wrong there, hopefully more knowledgeable people can point you to a better set up.

Both my boats are 100 percent stock. I love my Formula and have not even had my MG in the water yet. Just wondering what I can do to it incase I need to go faster

There is a ton of info on the FasTech's turn fin mod. Darin has written on the topic, you should go over them, the FasTech in stock form is very stable but she is rather sluggish on the turns. The modification involves only a bent on the fins so they are perpendicular to the shallow V bottom.
    The only helpful hint i can give you is that if your budget allows you to buy a balanced/polished/sharpened prop from here, do so. I used a Proboat prop ( metal up grade I mentioned earlier) . According to Proboat that is a ready-to-use prop, well..., that is a heavy prop, and w/o the proper sharpening, thinning and balancing you run the risk of wearing out your components: i.e., strut bushing for starters. Ask how I found out, because of the heavy weight, any imbalance translates to BIG vibration!
    Have fun, cheers!

I agree. Follow the mods. Bent turn fins make for EXCELLENT turning. I mean on "rails" turning.

Dog ear the tabs. Makes for very stable, no chine-walk at high speeds. And I have a Prather S215 prop. Hit about 38-39mpg all stock electronics.....

Here are the mods discussed above... https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...m-Quastion....